Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

11 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Personally I think football is chaotically organised at a national and global level, but governing bodies are making far too much from it - financially and politically - to even acknowledge there is a problem. 

Rather like a bunch of competing/cooperating mafias isn't it?  National associations, FIFA, UEFA et al, skimming enough easy money they (a) don't have to manage their own affairs well, and (b) mostly avoid the trouble of direct confrontation.

The expansion of the Club World Cup will put FIFA on a direct collision course with the PL and UEFA, though.  So coexistence may finally turn to war.

• Like 1

I think we’ve probably been close to the mark but all signs have been the club has tried to keep on the straight and narrow.

maybe it’s marginal. Wouldn’t suprise me if we were off by a decimal point in our finances and we get deducted something farcical like 1 point lol!

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

With how obsessed we’ve been about staying in the rules I can’t imagine this is true. 

would be the most inept piece of planning in history to be relegated because you didn't spend money in the summer window to avoid breaking ffp and then be relegated whilst still breaking ffp ......  

and if it happened we'd still not have one local journo asking the obvious questions  .......  

• Haha 1

Refuse to even click the link to that rag. 

'Could'? lol

Yeah, no shit. Most teams 'could', because they, like us, don't know the details of the latest finances. 

Nothing we didn't already know, I'm sure, which is that relegation put us in a tricky spot, and financial regulations are getting tighter and tighter.

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

Refuse to even click the link to that rag. 

'Could'? lol

Yeah, no shit. Most teams 'could', because they, like us, don't know the details of the latest finances. 

Nothing we didn't already know, I'm sure, which is that relegation put us in a tricky spot, and financial regulations are getting tighter and tighter.

Hold on, The Sun could be wrong?

• Haha 1

No sources, no numbers, bunch of speculation, The Sun.

This isn't a story it's just page filler and clickbait. 

There are over 20 adverts on that page, I stopped counting, probably over 30. Every person that clicks they get paid for each of them.

• Like 4

It's very very naive to think there isn't a strong possibility this could be close to the truth. We were already pretty close hence the summer of 2022. We then got relegated, had to sell Maddison before the accounting period and we've then been told we've got FFP issues this winter.

Buckle up, many of us feared this could happen. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we have failed FFP in 2022/23 despite selling Fofana and Maddison in that accounting period then it is beyond belief.

But didn’t we agree payment in instalments over a prolonged amount of time and then leverage the instalments for cash monies so we could spend? That will affect the bottom line I’m sure…

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very very naive to think there isn't a strong possibility this could be close to the truth. We were already pretty close hence the summer of 2022. We then got relegated, had to sell Maddison before the accounting period and we've then been told we've got FFP issues this winter.

Buckle up, many of us feared this could happen. 

if we failed last year to end june '23 then we'd surely have been mentioned along with forest and everton when the like of maguire were being interviewed ?  but there's the anomoly that we are not currently a PL club so not subject to their rules.  its possible that the sun have managed to get hold of info that we have failed - but they cant state that as a definite or they effectively admit that someone is leaking info to them.  given that we had to sell a number of players last summer, if we have indeed failed due to not getting another sale done by end june then we really are way more grim than any of us could have imagined. 

8 minutes ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

But didn’t we agree payment in instalments over a prolonged amount of time and then leverage the instalments for cash monies so we could spend? That will affect the bottom line I’m sure…

the sale is the sale. irrespective of how its paid which is effectively cash flow. if we discount the sale by drawing it down early then i expect that discount goes onto the bottom line. but the discount wouldnt be a huge amount. - and whilst its a facility rather than an actiual draw down of the entire amount then only the interest paid would be relevant. (i assume) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alfox13 said:

Man City seem to be getting away with it.

They've been charged over a hundred times and they employ hundreds of the best lawyers on the planet.

It took ages for Everton's one charge to be punished.

They might be getting away with it but they won't get away with it.

Edited by AKCJ

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They've been charged over a hundred times and they employ hundreds of the best lawyers on the planet.

they might given the nature of the charges - afaik they aren't straight easily provable financial over spends. the rules have changed now so that issues must be dealt with in the season following where the misdemeanor occurred (eg. once accounts are available).   so man city will drag it out for as long as they can or possibly come to a deal with the PL whereby most of the charges are dropped and just a few are acted upon in a timely fashion.  

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Pounds notes being exchanged as we speak to make things disappear and not seem like they really are. Buying time to get away with crime.