Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ForestAreMagic said:

North West teams are going with ‘we’re not guilty’; East Midlands clubs are preferring ‘we’re guilty but we did our best’ 😬 

Everton admitted it in the hope it would result in leniency. Look how that turned out…

Edited by ClaphamFox

We would to respond to a recent article published in this months TV Quick, where it is stated that Leicester City are seemingly in line breach of PFSR (Plebian Fixed Spending Rules) and can categorically refute the claims. It is with the most strident efforts we remain within and committed to these fair and just restrictions.

Leicester City Polo Football Club

Guess people want something along these lines? Would certainly calm a lot of folks down.

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 hours ago, Foxy_jim said:

So basically if we don't go up we have screwed up a massive points lead, having been top all season, be a laughing stock, lose all our best players and fade into oblivion. Or we Do go up, probably start off ten or more points behind everyone, and unable to spend any money and finish bottom. Great times. 

download.jpg

The 20/21 season losses will have a level of the losses offset by COVID which was allowed under FFP. I expect the fire sale of Barnes and Madders to be the club attempting to ensure compliance in the 22/23 accounts.

This is likely to be tight and a squeaky bum time as we wait for the official accounts.

10 hours ago, bluefox1 said:

The club needs to come out 2morrow with any form of statement with yes or its not true 2MORROW.

When does this club make statements of any sort? The board bury their heads in the sand. Even relegation was barely met with a generic statement.

Closest we got was last year when Top was crying about getting ‘abuse’ and it set the fans against each other for weeks rather than trying to force that clown Rodgers out the club. 

• Thanks 1

I would’ve thought that with the sales of:

Maguire 80m+ 

Fofana 70m+

Chilwell 50m

Drinkwater 35m

Kante 30m

Mahrez 60m

Maddison 40m

Barnes 39m

We would be OK if you factor in the new training ground, Covid and Stadium plans. 

Musa, Castagne and Iborra I believe we made losses on? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The story isn't based on any evidence. Moved on. 

The previous accounts are all the evidence you need to state it’s going to be tight for compliance. Particularly when you look at how much Saints have lost this financial year 

18 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tanner’s confidence that we won’t comply and will cry mitigation are worrying to say the least 

What did he say? Can you share the tweet / article?

46 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I would’ve thought that with the sales of:

Maguire 80m+ 

Fofana 70m+

Chilwell 50m

Drinkwater 35m

Kante 30m

Mahrez 60m

Maddison 40m

Barnes 39m

We would be OK if you factor in the new training ground, Covid and Stadium plans. 

Musa, Castagne and Iborra I believe we made losses on? 

Surely every other team is guilty of FFP breaches.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Forest, Villa etc etc

theyve all spent big… we’ve actually had a decent income due to player sales. Maybe it’s the wages? But I don’t see how we are any worse than others.

Maybe the difference is we are actually honest when it comes to the accounts 

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What did he say? Can you share the tweet / article?

He said that he expects us to breach the rules but the club is ‘quietly confident’ that we will be able to successfully plead mitigation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bovril said:

never experienced a vibe shift on here like the one we've had over the last 10 days.

Says it all really doesn't it....It's a results based industry....I hope all goes well tonight.

35 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He said that he expects us to breach the rules but the club is ‘quietly confident’ that we will be able to successfully plead mitigation.

The only mitigation being that we have been trying to stay within the rules.

I can't see that cutting much ice if I'm honest, if we have broken the rules, that we ourselves were part of the collective that voted for, then we will be punished accordingly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The only mitigation being that we have been trying to stay within the rules.

I can't see that cutting much ice if I'm honest, if we have broken the rules, that we ourselves were part of the collective that voted for, then we will be punished accordingly.

It sounds like our defence will be similar to Forest's Brennan Johnson defence. However the general consensus is that they will receive a six-point deduction, so maybe that's what we can expect too. 

In the podcast Tanner also said that there is already a growing view in the game that these rules aren't working in the way they were intended and are unfairly punishing aspirational clubs such as ourselves. They will likely be rewritten at some point, but probably not in time to save us from some kind of punishment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Surely every other team is guilty of FFP breaches.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs, Forest, Villa etc etc

theyve all spent big… we’ve actually had a decent income due to player sales. Maybe it’s the wages? But I don’t see how we are any worse than others.

Maybe the difference is we are actually honest when it comes to the accounts 

Most of those teams are on a totally different level in terms of revenue, sponsorship, ground size, merchandising etc. We reached a level way above our size and the wages required to keep the players at that level are too much. Forest are the nearest to our size but they have only been promoted recently so their wage structure will be very different to Leicester who were in Europe and regularly towards the top of the table.

4 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Most of those teams are on a totally different level in terms of revenue, sponsorship, ground size, merchandising etc. We reached a level way above our size and the wages required to keep the players at that level are too much. Forest are the nearest to our size but they have only been promoted recently so their wage structure will be very different to Leicester who were in Europe and regularly towards the top of the table.

I think the european tv money loss will have had an impact too. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the finances properly and stop writing threads that make the fans pile on with negativity. Spend like we have for the rest of the season and we’ll be absolutely fine. Turned down the opportunity to sign numerous good players, we’re in profit on any other day!

What we've spent this season has zero bearing on this story because the period under discussion ended last June. This is what Jordan Blackwell wrote in the Leicester Mercury yesterday:

"LeicestershireLive understands that City’s 2022/23 season accounts will be released publicly towards the end of this month. They made losses of £125.5 million for the first two seasons of the three-year cycle, meaning that they need to make a profit of £20.5 million not to exceed the £105m limit."

So we need to have made a healthy profit for the year 2022/23 to avoid being in breach. I'm personally very sceptical that we achieved this. If you think otherwise, please reveal more - lots of people would love to be reassured about this!