Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Euros 2024

Scotland No.2 John Carver has said we will be staying loyal to the squad that got us to the Euros and won't be looking to poach Gordon/Barnes/Gray/Livamento etc. 

If they ever want to switch allegiance, they can do it at the start of a qualifying campaign. 

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

England really do have a good chance. Just don't trust Southgate to not blow it.

He's just the type of manager that we will never win anything under.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

England just don't win things. It's just our way and it pretty much is that way until it isn't. This tournament really is shit or bust for Southgate surely - I really do think at this point it should be as black and white as win the trophy or go, and I also think if he wins it there's a case to leave on that too (although I'd understand him staying).

You just know though if England lost in the semis or final, hell even the quarters if it was to a decent side that the FA would see that as enough of a reason for him to stay, and this in a nutshell for me is why England don't win. I don't know how 2022 for example was dressed up as being anything other than par or slightly below par.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I keep trying to see past that as he's given us a final and a semi-final.

However, the tactics in that final were honking. One-nil up after ten minutes was the invitation to actually play the game rather than sit back and try not to concede. Eighty minutes of panicking followed by frankly negligent penalty taker selections.

It still hurts.

• Like 1

Bit the bullet last night and bought a Swiss v Scotland ticket from an online agency. 

I wish I'd done it a few months ago when they were a bit cheaper. 

Anyway , these tournaments don't come around too often so assuming I havnt been scammed at least I get to see 1 live game during the 2 weeks im in Germany.

I’m calling it now. Wales go through on penalties and Danny Ward flukes a save from a poor penalty.

Then some absolute idiot resurrects the Danny Ward thread on the main chat and asks if he could still “do a job for us”.

Will probably be someone who used to ask if Benkovic could do a job every few months. 

• Haha 1