Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Euros 2024

12 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

They don't look that upset really.

All these teams playing the "finals" today were given a chance because of the new Euro format. Ukraine was absolutely abysmal and they've qualified for the Euro. That Georgia vs Greece game was worse than a Sunday League clash between local pubs. The Wales vs Poland was a bit better because of the complete naivity of the Polish players who still think they're world class or something. Any other serious national team would have scored 5 past this Wales joke of a team. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I love that there's still England fans insecure enough to let ****ing Wales live rent free in their heads. lol

It’s much more funny seeing Scotland’s collapse after they won Euro 2024 after winning their first 5 qualifiers lol 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't he actually have a couple of good performances in shootouts a few years back for us

Was about tonsay the same thing, Wolves in the League Cup springs to mind

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Danny ward didnt have a save to make all game but managed to lose.

Really thought Wales would win tonight.

Such a shame they won't be at the Euro's, their fans are pretty special.

And on top of that he couldn't bring himself to save a penalty!!

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Danny ward didnt have a save to make all game but managed to lose.

Really thought Wales would win tonight.

Such a shame they won't be at the Euro's, their fans are pretty special.

Can't argue with that. Some of the gurning during the anthem is top notch. 

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I love that there's still England fans insecure enough to let ****ing Wales live rent free in their heads. lol

Tbf the celebrations by the Welsh team in 2016 when England were knocked out was pretty OTT so i can understand why some are giving it back.  Got to be able to take it if youve dished it out. Im sure England fans will be getting it from both barrels when theyre knocked out in the summer 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Was about tonsay the same thing, Wolves in the League Cup springs to mind

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't he actually have a couple of good performances in shootouts a few years back for us

Got Huddersfield up as well via a shootout 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Tbf the celebrations by the Welsh team in 2016 when England were knocked out was pretty OTT so i can understand why some are giving it back.  Got to be able to take it if youve dished it out. Im sure England fans will be getting it from both barrels when theyre knocked out in the summer 😂

I love Kingy but he shouldn't have got involved in that. Classless. 

Have to say predicting the winners for this is difficult, France of course the likeliest to say but as we know France tend to be good, bad.. WC 18 Winners, Euro 21 they were out in the round 16, WC finalists so probably this means there not going to be so successful this time round. Germany maybe better this time round, but still a long way away I'd say from being tournament winners even in their own backyard. England under Southgate very unlikely, Quarter Finals again I think. Spain is in the only ones I'd say I tip for success.  

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Have to say predicting the winners for this is difficult, France of course the likeliest to say but as we know France tend to be good, bad.. WC 18 Winners, Euro 21 they were out in the round 16, WC finalists so probably this means there not going to be so successful this time round. Germany maybe better this time round, but still a long way away I'd say from being tournament winners even in their own backyard. England under Southgate very unlikely, Quarter Finals again I think. Spain is in the only ones I'd say I tip for success.  

As a Scot I'd be very surprised if England don't win it. 

They are going to score goals and the team going forward looks frightening. 

Yeah, defensively they look vulnerable, but you could say that about most teams. 

A final place should be the minimum expectation. 

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

As a Scot I'd be very surprised if England don't win it. 

They are going to score goals and the team going forward looks frightening. 

Yeah, defensively they look vulnerable, but you could say that about most teams. 

A final place should be the minimum expectation. 

Not a chance. Southgates record against decent sides is horrific. Come up against France, Portugal, Italy or Spain in knockouts and we’ll fold

• Like 2

As weve said we have got the talent to win a tournament but not the manager. People stick up for Southgate, saying hes done better than most... yes but with the talent hes got last few years, we should have at least lifted a trophy. Threw away to many opportunities.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As weve said we have got the talent to win a tournament but not the manager. People stick up for Southgate, saying hes done better than most... yes but with the talent hes got last few years, we should have at least lifted a trophy. Threw away to many opportunities.

Spot on. :appl:

This has to be the last saloon for safegate.

we can’t get to the finals and whimper out again. something tells me he’s gonna suprise us all and go against his better nature and actually play on the front foot from the first game. He’s not gonna continue on probably so why not let the shackles off the players.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

This has to be the last saloon for safegate.

we can’t get to the finals and whimper out again. something tells me he’s gonna suprise us all and go against his better nature and actually play on the front foot from the first game. He’s not gonna continue on probably so why not let the shackles off the players.

Hopefully the defence can do it job if we are flying foward on mass .

Would have to work otherwise he’ll be accused of being too open .

Don't disagree our biggest strength is the front line and we should use that to our advantage but you know how fickle the media and fans can be.

Edited by Super_horns

• 3 weeks later...