Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Euros 2024

So im quite excited about the tournament this year.  I feel like its our best chance to win something! I feel like we have a front 4 that is heads above any other front 4 at the Euros. Kane is still banging in the goals, Foden is really blossoming into a great player, we have Saka, and it can only be of Benefit to Bellingham to be playing alongside that Real Madrid team every week- and his goal scoring form for them is phenomenal. Plus, all of them  except maybe Kane have the potential to get even better..

Of course, injuries can derail us and we always seem to pick up some here and there...

Any surprise contenders for the squad do you think?

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

So im quite excited about the tournament this year.  I feel like its our best chance to win something! I feel like we have a front 4 that is heads above any other front 4 at the Euros. Kane is still banging in the goals, Foden is really blossoming into a great player, we have Saka, and it can only be of Benefit to Bellingham to be playing alongside that Real Madrid team every week- and his goal scoring form for them is phenomenal. Plus, all of them  except maybe Kane have the potential to get even better..

Of course, injuries can derail us and we always seem to pick up some here and there...

Any surprise contenders for the squad do you think?

Southgate being Southgate will obviously pick Henderson and Maguire. 

Joking aside this is really a great chance to win it.

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Southgate being Southgate will obviously pick Henderson and Maguire. 

Joking aside this is really a great chance to win it.

will Kane finally break his loser tag?!?

I don’t want to put too much pressure on the players… but if everyone stays fit… it could be a very exciting team to watch…

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think we have a very limited chance of winning even though we have the best or one of the best squads (certainly in an attacking sense) because Southgate is so defensive and tactically inept we are hamstrung.

surely that should mean we have a solid defensive set up and the ability to get goals too?:fc:

Potentially best chance of winning it when you consider the players we have. 

Foden, Saka, Bellingham, Kane is a formidable front 4. They're all first on the team sheet. 

It's a difficult choice between Saka and Foden. I guess it might depend on the opposition. Or you have to play one from the left, and maybe take away something from their games. Southgate loves Rashford so it wouldn't surprise me if he was chosen in that first game. 

Dropping Bellingham deeper is an option, alongside Rice with Alexander-Arnold inverted a little bit. 

Centre backs will let us down though. I really don't see a great option, some ok ones but thats it. 

Should have won Euro 2021 (2020), over the whole tournament we were the best team, even in the final I think. Should have won it considering 90% of England's games were at Wembley. Southgate's tactics cost us in the end, the last twenty minutes when the warning signs were starting to appear Southgate should have made the changes, instead he waited too late and through them on after Italy equalised. If you bring on Grealish and Rashford earlier, England win that final.

I'm going into this more of open mind, purely because Southgate is at the wheel. We have got the players, but not the manager who makes the key decisions at the right time. What we've seen of from Southgate in the last six years is no plan B.

England for me have 14 players top players that are capable of great things, we have then got another 9 players that are just not good enough to step up to the three lions shirt and when given the chance not performed. If Kane isn't available and you ask someone like Watkins, Wilson or Abraham to slot you get nothing.

Gueye is not good enough and for me I'd recall Ben White, but sadly the bust up in the world cup as ruined that chance. Konsa goes otherwise but he's doesn't seem to be on Southgate's radar.

Toney must get more game time in friendlies, to see if he's ready for the summer. Tripper for me, not had the season and I'd consider leaving him out.

Anthony Gordon needs to be shortlisted, how he's constantly missed call up I don't know. Sean Longstaff another on list, who should be concidered over Kalvin Phillips.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Tried and failed to get tickets for this.  It's an absolute racket.

Me too.

I was going to go for a ticket last week via Livefootballtickets at £280. I was about to purchase when they added an £80 processing fee. 

The face value was £65......

I'll stay in the fan parks and take my chances on tickets over there. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny because you think we might have a chance and then the next squad is announced and you think maybe not lol 

Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone, Jordan Pickford, Aaron Ramsdale

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite, Ben Chilwell, Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Palmer, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins

Kalvin Phillips has ruined his chances by actually playing lol 

Southgate can't decide which forwards so just named them all 

I know there is a couple missing but the defence.....:nono:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's funny because you think we might have a chance and then the next squad is announced and you think maybe not lol 

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite, Ben Chilwell, Lewis Dunk, Joe Gomez, Ezri Konsa, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Declan Rice

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen, Phil Foden, Anthony Gordon, Harry Kane, Cole Palmer, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins

Is the weak area definitely.

So many options in the attacking areas .

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Butland arguably the best English keeper on form and can’t even make 3rd choice. Ben White has to be in there, and I’ve no idea what Henderson has on Southgate but it has to be JUICY… 

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Goalkeeper and defence looks shaky as hell. 

Midfield and forwards we are absolutely stacked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Butland arguably the best English keeper on form and can’t even make 3rd choice. Ben White has to be in there, and I’ve no idea what Henderson has on Southgate but it has to be JUICY… 

White had a falling out with the coaches at the World cup didn’t he ?

Henderson must be good in the dressing room .

Edited by Super_horns

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Goalkeeper and defence looks shaky as hell. 

Midfield and forwards we are absolutely stacked.

Pickford, Walker, Dunk/Maguire, Stones and Chilwell is still a very good back line. 

Only missing Shaw from the starting defence plus options for depth. 

15 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Refused the call up. No idea what has happened there but must be something big to refuse an international call up. I know Ben White is a little bit different to other players has he has openly came out and said he actually doesn't enjoy football he just plays because he is good at it and sees it as a job, but to refuse a call up is a little odd. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

How tf is Ben White not there, is he now injured or have him and Southgate fallen out?

Made himself unavailable.

Something definitely happened at the world cup which they're not wanting to reveal 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way the Euro's are drawn, we'd be likely looking at Italy/Hungary/Germany in the quarters and France would seem nailed on for the semi should we get there.

Personally, we're a Stones or Walker injury away from massively reducing our opportunity to win it to be honest.

Our Nations League performance was terrible and we looked shaky in qualifiers against Ukraine, Macedonia and Italy at home. 

So I can't share a lot of the confidence. 

36 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Pickford, Walker, Dunk/Maguire, Stones and Chilwell is still a very good back line. 

Only missing Shaw from the starting defence plus options for depth. 

Definitely not a bad lineup at all. 

But Pickford and Maguire both known to have huge slip ups in them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Refused the call up. No idea what has happened there but must be something big to refuse an international call up. I know Ben White is a little bit different to other players has he has openly came out and said he actually doesn't enjoy football he just plays because he is good at it and sees it as a job, but to refuse a call up is a little odd. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Made himself unavailable.

Something definitely happened at the world cup which they're not wanting to reveal 

Thanks, kind of wish I held off to hitting send on my post for the 30 seconds goose2010 posts his to save me looking like a pillock lol

• Haha 2