Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Hull Away

12 hours ago, AKCJ said:

3 changes for me.

Justin for Doyle, Vestergaard for Coady and Iheanacho for Vardy.

Justin in that role on the left has become a bit of a joke and a liability even for Championship standards. Doyle isn't quick but he doesn't continually give the ball away like JJ and he has quite a range of passing which JJ doesn't. 

Since he's been here the one thing you can say with some certainty is that Iheanacho isn't a very good loan striker. He was getting very little game time before Afcon because out of our 4 strikers, he out of all of them struggle in Enzo's system of play. If the system changed then he becomes a very attractive option again. 

Totally agree re Vestergaard, he's our best defender and we've missed his passing. Who'd have thunk that last year!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

Why am I seeing so many people say Daka or Iheanacho should start on Saturday?

Honestly Cannon must be wondering what he's done wrong to barely get given chances - those 10 or 15 minute cameos at the end of games don't help him develop because there's nothing happening for him in those games anymore, we just sit back and he has to chase around. He got an incredibly well worked assist against Boro. 

For me it's either him or Vardy that should start against Hull but then again Enzo seems to have some sort of issue with Tom

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

A number of our key players won't be anywhere near the squad for that game.

i think that depends on a few factors. If we beat Hull and results go for us. I would expect to see a lot more first teamers in the squad than Bournemouth 

6 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Why am I seeing so many people say Daka or Iheanacho should start on Saturday?

Honestly Cannon must be wondering what he's done wrong to barely get given chances - those 10 or 15 minute cameos at the end of games don't help him develop because there's nothing happening for him in those games anymore, we just sit back and he has to chase around. He got an incredibly well worked assist against Boro. 

For me it's either him or Vardy that should start against Hull but then again Enzo seems to have some sort of issue with Tom

I don’t think Enzo has an issue with Cannon, it’s just that he’s the 4th out of the 4 strikers in the pecking order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

it’s just that he’s the 4th out of the 4 strikers in the pecking order.

But why is he 4th out of 4?

And no matter what number he is in the pecking order, when the people ahead of him shit the bed for 3 games running then surely he ought to be given a proper chance? Even more so when he manages to do more in 20 minutes worth of sub appearances than others

• Like 1

17 hours ago, K789 said:

Come on Leeds and Bournemouth were not pathetic performances 

Yeah, a lot of overreaction. All we need to do is to start finish our chances slightly better, and these games will start to be won comfortably, again. We're going to be fine. 

• Like 2

Despite an upturn in form and excellent January window, Hull's recent home record now reads W1, D2, L2. They've only scored 4 goals in those 5 matches and have picked up more points away this season, so hardly a fortress.

They're technically better than the standard sides in this league though and have that early season win to take confidence from; still one of the three hardest games left in my book, don't wish to underplay it. 

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

Yeah, a lot of overreaction. All we need to do is to start finish our chances slightly better, and these games will start to be won comfortably, again. We're going to be fine. 

IMG_2550.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

But why is he 4th out of 4?

And no matter what number he is in the pecking order, when the people ahead of him shit the bed for 3 games running then surely he ought to be given a proper chance? Even more so when he manages to do more in 20 minutes worth of sub appearances than others

Totally agree. I thought he looked very good in the few games he had over Christmas. Feel for him that he’s now seemingly 3/4th choice. Vardy has to keep playing, he’s not only scoring goals but he’s also playing well and getting involved in a lot of the play. Cannon should be his understudy and long term replacement from what I’ve seen. Daka is chaos, and Iheanacho is likely to leave the club at the end of the season

• Like 1

May aswell bin Cannon off if we go up. I've no issue with him and feel sorry for him given he did alright around the new year period before being dropped for Daka when he returned. But if he's 4th rated here behind two people who are more than likely not gonna be here next season then is he really going to be trusted in the PL?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

May aswell bin Cannon off if we go up. I've no issue with him and feel sorry for him given he did alright around the new year period before being dropped for Daka when he returned. But if he's 4th rated here behind two people who are more than likely not gonna be here next season then is he really going to be trusted in the PL?

I think I’ve absolutely clear Enzo isn’t having him. 

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The fact he’s dropped straight outside of the team when Kelch is back? I mean…. Not a great sign is it. 

Weird because the thought was that it was his signing at the start of the season. Was a bit random 

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Agree with this in the most part, however the past two games we’ve looked very poor at creating compared to usual. Not having Ricky or Wilf in the middle has been huge. Having Wilf back is absolutely massive in this run in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stinkenzo said:

Your a mardy ass…ain’t ya..

Cannon will be one of our major forwards next season,

no matter what happens. He’s a young lad just kicking

off his career….Let the natural steps take their course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

How am I being mardy lol Don't get many 4th choice EFL strikers becoming PL regulars the season after. Happy for him to prove me wrong as I like the guy but can't see him being given the opportunity 

59 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Dont think Enzo rates him at all. Think he’ll be out on loan to the Championship next year if we go up

6 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Agree with this in the most part, however the past two games we’ve looked very poor at creating compared to usual. Not having Ricky or Wilf in the middle has been huge. Having Wilf back is absolutely massive in this run in.

Having Wilf back is really important but sadly we will miss Riccardo as much whilst he is out. He has been one of the players of the season so far and back to his best in a role that he plays better than I thought he could. Hopefully he will be back soon after the international break and straight back on it. 

I think Cannon was brought in because at the time it seemed like Daka was off.

We also had AFCON to worry about. Daka staying threw a spanner in the works and his bit of form over Xmas didn’t help cannons cause either 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont think Enzo rates him at all. Think he’ll be out on loan to the Championship next year if we go up

Ipswich will buy him of us for the premier league

13 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

How am I being mardy lol Don't get many 4th choice EFL strikers becoming PL regulars the season after. Happy for him to prove me wrong as I like the guy but can't see him being given the opportunity 

Maybe he meant he will be our main striker next year because we might not be in the prem... 

Plus Daka will be sold, Vardy retire and Kekechi out of contract