Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Hull Away

When people say we have alot of knackered players, isn't that the case for all the other 23 teams. I'd have hoped the quality of our knackered players is better than that of Hull's knackered players?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

3 changes for me.

Justin for Doyle, Vestergaard for Coady and Iheanacho for Vardy.

How did Nacho's cameo convince anyone he should be back in? 

I think the line up is heavily dependant on if Hamza is injured or not. Assuming he isn't, i think its; Justin for Doyle, Vetergaard for Faes. Ndidi for Akgun.

Keep Vardy - we have a break coming up and Nacho can play the Chelsea game. 

I think Faes has had a good season but I'd be tempted with Coady and Vestergaard for this game. I think he's due a rest. 

And put Justin in as a more traditional right back (as if lol

Hermansen 

Justin

Coady

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH

Fatawu 

Daka

Mavididi 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How did Nacho's cameo convince anyone he should be back in? 

I think the line up is heavily dependant on if Hamza is injured or not. Assuming he isn't, i think its; Justin for Doyle, Vetergaard for Faes. Ndidi for Akgun.

Keep Vardy - we have a break coming up and Nacho can play the Chelsea game. 

25 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Did you watch Iheanacho last night? Mr blobby

It's more that I think Iheanacho is best suited to play against Hull.

He's never been a convincing sub.

They will press us high and try to intercept the balls through the middle to the midfielders. They also have pace on the transition, so I wouldn't leave out Justin AND Faes.

Doyle's passing might be essential when playing out from the back and breaking the press. We need to get that part right, but last nights inability to do it in the second half concerns me.

As they will be pressing us high, and as they also play out from the back, I'd be going with Daka for his pace and pressing abilities.

Hermansen

Choudhury (Justin if Choudhury is injured)

Faes

Vestergaard

Doyle

Winks

KDH

Ndidi (if fit to start, Akgun if not)

Mavididi

Fatawu

Daka

• Like 2

I don't understand how they can be that tired, we spent the season basically play walking football most of the game and people assured me that was because we want to conserve energy throughout the season.

I'm pretty sure it's just the way we play and tactical.

Looking at the last eight, the Maulers are a meh 2 - 2 - 4 against the dross of the league (excepting their win at Southampton).  Our Fearless Apex Predators are 5 - 3 - 0.  So, another match of sides below expected form.

Hull had a comfortable majority of possession in most of those games (So’ton again the exception), and gave up just six goals.  At home they shouldn’t feel the need to just sit deep?

I’d give Vardy at least a half, since Daka can’t get out of his own head to finish an easy chance.  As tired and raggedy as our midfield have looked in the last couple, I’d still rather not start Wilf four days after his early return from injury.  One more match for Akgun.

Looking forward to this one more in hope than expectation.  Hell, I’m more excited about the upcoming break.  But we need that break, and for Enzo to get the parts fitting together again.  Instill Seagrave confidence that turns into league confidence, like he did last summer.

Anyone remember going to the FA Cup match at the old Boothferry Park during the McLintock era? In particular the attempt to escape enmass out of the car park towards the town to find a pub and ended up sitting down on a major road as the police wouldn't let us out. Batons drawn, the lot. The good old days :rolleyes: About the only time we won away that season.

We have a free hit and then a week off after this. 

Start the best team we have available. 

Hermansen 

Justin

Faes

Vestergaard

Doyle

Ndidi

Winks

KDH

Fatawu 

Vardy

Mavididi 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just get the three points and give some of our knackered players three weeks off match duty until the next league game. Tell them to just stay in bed for the first of those three weeks, then gently ease back into some tactical work. Basically treat it as an early spring break. 

Stay in bed the entire week before our cup QF?

it-could-work.gif.98f5049166c285be585405f4e9026195.gif

• Haha 2

I hope Enzo please figures it out!

the fans are with him and his style but he’s got to demonstrate the best version of it with the players he’s got. If he doesn’t have the ideal players there is no shame in using another effective method. Ed need the performances and the points or all that hard  work before was for nothing.

I'm a massive fan of what Hamza does best.

If no Pereira do we persevere with the inverted RB role that failed so miserably last night?  

ROB TANNER

'Liverpool have Trent Alexander-Arnold and Arsenal use Oleksandr Zinchenko in similar, but not identical, ways.

It requires an intelligent, versatile and adaptable player. And at Leicester, that responsibility is usually given to Pereira'.

5 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

If no Pereira do we persevere with the inverted RB role that failed so miserably last night?  

ROB TANNER

'Liverpool have Trent Alexander-Arnold and Arsenal use Oleksandr Zinchenko in similar, but not identical, ways.

It requires an intelligent, versatile and adaptable player. And at Leicester, that responsibility is usually given to Pereira'.

Would like to see Enzo do this, Hull wouldn’t be expecting it.

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

I fear a defeat if we play like we did today.

We weren't clinical enough and barring the first 10 minutes, created next to nothing.

Where we used to control games and tire out the opposition, we just seem knackered ourselves from about 70 minutes onwards. End up inviting pressure and ultimately conceding more often than not. We were fortunate tonight but I hope the players take some confidence in that they've held out for a win and a clean sheet, albeit nowhere near deserved.

I might be wrong but if a team brings on 3/4 fresh outfield players, you gotta think theres not many teams that can continue to maintain the same concentration levels they had at minute 1, irrelevent of how fit they are. If we are 1 nil up and up against it and the opposition makes large number of changes, you have to match them surely. How you match them is up to whether you think tou need another goal, or can defend like QPR.

8 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

ROB TANNER

Overlapping full back or wing backs?