Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Hull Away

It’s interesting tactical game this. Rosenior has moved on from doing what he did to us this season with more creativity on the pitch. So does he do the shithouse or open the game up which we thrive on? 

More worried about Hull than Sunderland even though they've had the odd blip.

Keep Doyle in ahead of JJ, maybe start Wilf and give him an hour.

Cannon up top but I'm losing faith of seeing him start a game again.

The players that have played virtually every game like Winks and KDH are starting to look tired earlier in games.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Our last 4 performances have been pathetic. If we show up and play even 30 minutes of the game as we played 75 of the Sunderland one, we will get beat. 

I just can’t see how we win this one. 

Should have beat Leeds, should have beat Middlesbrough, agree about QPR though. 

Hardly pathetic, it's just football. 

It will be a tough game i agree but having Vesty and Wilf back could make a huge difference. 

• Like 2

Odd one to call, we aren't playing anywhere near our best at the moment, but hopefully confident lifts after the 3 points tonight.

Hull capable of beating anyone and usually raise their game for the better sides, but don't have the best home record. 

2-2 draw for me.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I fear a defeat if we play like we did today.

We weren't clinical enough and barring the first 10 minutes, created next to nothing.

Where we used to control games and tire out the opposition, we just seem knackered ourselves from about 70 minutes onwards. End up inviting pressure and ultimately conceding more often than not. We were fortunate tonight but I hope the players take some confidence in that they've held out for a win and a clean sheet, albeit nowhere near deserved.

Vesty is back isn't he? It would've been weird to say this 12 months ago, but we'll be a lot more controlled and assured with him in the team. Really think we've missed him these past two games.

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Should have beat Leeds, should have beat Middlesbrough, agree about QPR though. 

Hardly pathetic, it's just football. 

It will be a tough game i agree but having Vesty and Wilf back could make a huge difference. 

I don’t agree that we should’ve beat Leeds. We played some good stuff but we lost because we deserved to. We missed chances, very good chances and collapsed. The collapse was pathetic. 

Similarly, we missed very good chances v Boro. We didn’t deserve to win. We couldn’t draw. 

I can’t see how we win this. Hull had our number in the last game. We seem to have fallen off a Cliff. Let’s see..

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Our last 4 performances have been pathetic. If we show up and play even 30 minutes of the game as we played 75 of the Sunderland one, we will get beat. 

I just can’t see how we win this one. 

Come on Leeds and Bournemouth were not pathetic performances 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Vestergaard has to go straight back in, but the question will be whether Coady would be comfortable on the right instead of Faes

As much as I would want us to do so I am not too sure that Wilf should be starting when he is only just back

It would he foolish I know but could do with Wilf in midfield with Ricky out and Winks misfiring.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Sheffield Wednesday could take points from Leeds.

Ipswich will beat Cardiff.

Play like we have in the last 4 games and we'll get beat.  

If we play like we did against Leeds and Boro and actually take our chances we won't get beat

• Like 3

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t agree that we should’ve beat Leeds. We played some good stuff but we lost because we deserved to. We missed chances, very good chances and collapsed. The collapse was pathetic. 

Similarly, we missed very good chances v Boro. We didn’t deserve to win. We couldn’t draw. 

I can’t see how we win this. Hull had our number in the last game. We seem to have fallen off a Cliff. Let’s see..

Guess it's the joy of a open forum but the chances we missed were more than half chances we should have been out of site against Leeds and should have turned it around against Middlesbrough. 

Not sure Hull had our number either in the first game but was a long time ago....

Look it's the reason we all love football, it's tough when you're involved as a fan but it's been one hell of a season and there is a lot of twists to go. 

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Didn't this lot turn us over at the KP

Didn't see it but it was that glorious unseasonably hit day in September!

I was watching Boston United v Blyth Spartans.

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Guess it's the joy of a open forum but the chances we missed were more than half chances we should have been out of site against Leeds and should have turned it around against Middlesbrough. 

Not sure Hull had our number either in the first game but was a long time ago....

Look it's the reason we all love football, it's tough when you're involved as a fan but it's been one hell of a season and there is a lot of twists to go. 

Agreed. That is the joy of differing opinions. I can’t look at those games and the manner in which we failed as anything but poor. 

Hull are a better side than QPR, Boro and Sunderland. Each have had us in trouble for long stages in games - I’m worried. But as you say, that’s football and a promotion race.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I fear a defeat if we play like we did today.

We weren't clinical enough and barring the first 10 minutes, created next to nothing.

Where we used to control games and tire out the opposition, we just seem knackered ourselves from about 70 minutes onwards. End up inviting pressure and ultimately conceding more often than not. We were fortunate tonight but I hope the players take some confidence in that they've held out for a win and a clean sheet, albeit nowhere near deserved.

How much of it might be tiredness, do you think?