Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Hull Away

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

would take a win 

No shit sherlock 

If you Hull and  you watched tonight game you going to think you can get something out of it, even if you go one nil down, which is a poor reflection of the tactics we are using, that we don't strike fear in any side now, whereas if Ipswich or Leeds were playing them, they'd be bricking it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Agree. But Fatawu was fairly anonymous going forwards tonight. World his socks off defensively. Give him a breather. Could be a fabulous impact sub away from home in this. 🤷

Thankfully he was there defending several times. He was our best player tonight not perfect but he put the effort in and that's all you can ask from any player.

If we were to leave him out I'd love to see Marcal get another run. He's very good and an unknown quantity.

They're very patchy at home and will have similar pressure with the likes of Coventry and Norwich providing the pressure.

Don't think we were good tonight but it broke the losing streak and hopefully that clears the mood a bit.

Win would be huge psychologically as it would keep us top over the international break...though it will be interesting to see what the table looks like at kickoff with Leeds and Ipswich playing before us.

I think 6 more wins sees us promoted and probably champions; be nice to tick another off.

• Like 2

We have so much more control with Jannik playing and Wilf is a big player for us. I’m hoping that those two will give us the fillip we need to start playing again. 

Our 3 losses in a row have ensured that every game will be watched with clenched buttock cheeks in the run in. This game will be no different 

Vesty back, big plus. Ndidi unlikely to start but around, big plus. Tonight’s performance, joke. Saturday will be a lot tougher and it really shouldn’t be. All we can ever do is see how the dice fall. 

Hermansen

Doyle

Vestergaard

Cody

Choudhury

KDH

Winks

Ndidi

Mavididi

Daka

Fatawu

Get Ricardo back in ASAP and the team above marches us back up with ease.

Just now, KFS said:

Hermansen

Doyle

Vestergaard

Cody

Choudhury

KDH

Winks

Ndidi

Mavididi

Daka

Fatawu

Get Ricardo back in ASAP and the team above marches us back up with ease.

He’ll be back after internationals 

• Like 2

Leicester will attack and Hull won't be able to manage or cope with us we will score a goal at 7 mins and Enzo will demand out player to protect that 1 goal lead.

5 mins injury added leicester is constantly defending and haven't broke over the half way line once.

The final whistle blows and Hull win 2 -1

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

I fear a defeat if we play like we did today.

We weren't clinical enough and barring the first 10 minutes, created next to nothing.

Where we used to control games and tire out the opposition, we just seem knackered ourselves from about 70 minutes onwards. End up inviting pressure and ultimately conceding more often than not. We were fortunate tonight but I hope the players take some confidence in that they've held out for a win and a clean sheet, albeit nowhere near deserved.

System allows defenders to do little running, where as the midfield has to bust a gut every game. We look jaded

• Like 1

Personally I felt last night we eased off in the 2nd half to preserve energy levels given this weeks busy schedule and our limited options in midfield, therefore I don’t see many changes from the starting XI and I certainly doubt Wilf will start, most likely 20-25 minute cameo from the bench. 

Hermansen

Choudhury

Faes

Vestergard

Justin

Winks

KDH

Yunus 

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi 

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

7 wins? Really. It will be less than that 

You probably right, just being ultra cautious.

7 would mean: 

Ipswich would need to win 8 and draw 1 of 10 to catch us.

Leeds would need to win 9 of 10.

Southampton would need to win 11 from 11.

I suspect two of the 3 will drop more than that.

What 6 would probably be enough and a couple of draws.

I think this game will be more open than recent encounters, Hull will definitely try to attack us, but hopefully we can do them on the counter.

3-2 win I reckon.

Just get the three points and give some of our knackered players three weeks off match duty until the next league game. Tell them to just stay in bed for the first of those three weeks, then gently ease back into some tactical work. Basically treat it as an early spring break. 

Doyle played well last night, but he wasn't against a quick winger which is when he struggles. Hull have good wingers so I would consider JJ again for Saturday.

A win on Saturday would see us reach 84 points. In the 2019/20 season, that was enough to win the league! West Brom got 83 in 2nd, Brentford 81 in 3rd and Leeds won with 93 pts. 

Subject to Norwich's result as well, a victory see us qualify for the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

A few dilemmas for this one.

Jannik has to play so one of Coady or Faes will drop out. Enzo has hinted before that Coady and Jannik can't play together because they're too slow. But Coady has played pretty well in his two recent games against Sunderland and Bournemouth, and Faes is out of form. I would play Coady and get Justin back in the team for his pace to cover the lack of it in the centre half positions, but I think he'll pick Jannik and Faes.

Yunus as a number 8 doesn't work. Not only has he been poor but KDH has been dreadful alongside him. Ndidi isn't fully fit and looked way off it last night. The obvious solution would be to switch systems, play a 4-2-3-1 and get KDH in the 10 with Winks and Hamza sitting behind. Seems pretty unlikely Enzo will do that though, so we need another solution in the right sided 8. Honestly no idea who that could be with the players available.

After Saturday, we have the best part of 3 weeks without a league game. We're carrying some injuries and a lot of very knackered players. Hopefully the likes of Winks, KDH, Mavididi, Fatawu etc who have played a hell of a lot of games can drag themselves over the line for this game and then we can take stock before the end of season push. By the time we play Bristol City on 29 March we could have Ricardo back and Ndidi should be fully fit. A draw at Hull would not be a disaster.