Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
melrose

FA Cup win or Promotion

I genuinely don't believe any of you who say the FA Cup. Especially given you've already seen us win it now. 

Not a single one of you would take the actual consequences of us not getting promoted and you're full of shit (or really naive) if you're still claiming otherwise. We'll be financially ****ed if we don't get back up ASAP. 

Quite frankly, to throw another consideration in to the mix, avoiding the sheer embarrassment we would feel at having been 12 points clear, setting records, on course for record points totals, then still missing and to ****ing Leeds? That's worth several trophies. 

We'd never hear the end of it. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think it depends whether the potential financial mire of non promotion, threatens our existence or not.

If not, The FA Cup for sure.  I'd take a decade in the wilderness for that.   Fortunes come and go in cycles, trophies are forever and that is the ultimate aim for any club.

Anyway, an FA Cup win is fantasy for a Championship club in this day and age and given current form, our big Wembley day out might end up being a play-off final.

Having been old enough to watch us lose 3 finals in the sixties , 69 at Wembley, not a hard choice , struggling at the bottom of the Premier  or an F A Cup win 🤔

• Like 1

Also, what's the point in a European tour? Getting pasted with our (even weaker) championship squad?

Plus, we saw what Europe did to our squad in a 38 game league season. Imagine how that looks in a 46 game season.

It'd be crap. If you want a getaway to a European city, just book a holiday.

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

If anybody says FA Cup win, they’re bonkers, or simply don’t understand the financial problems we’d suffer if we stayed down longer than one season.

Get promoted, strengthen the team and have another crack at the FA Cup next year. 

This..

Posters who say F A Cup and give another go at promotion next season need to give their head a wobble.

If we stay in The Championship how many of our current squad will go in the summer?...

For starters......Ndidi, Fatawu, Faes, KDH, Daka, Doyle, Winks?   

Vardy probably off to have one final big payday somewhere.

Miss out on promotion and we're in deep deep trouble.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pita said:

It’s got to be premiership that’s where the big money is. FA cup is just prestige 

Big shame that you're conclusion of Premier League being your answer is because "that's where the big money is".

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pita said:

It’s got to be premiership that’s where the big money is. FA cup is just prestige 

Us fans don't actually get the money, you know. 'Just' prestige is all we have.

• Like 2

Would normally go for the cup but I think getting back to the Prem and aiming to establish ourselves there again is the route to regularly challenging for trophies. So would go for promotion.

• Like 1

Promotion, the embarrassment of bottling it when we were how many points clear would be an embarrassment of the highest proportions. 

Let's be realistic, we've next to no chance of winning the Cup.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, weller54 said:

This..

Posters who say F A Cup and give another go at promotion next season need to give their head a wobble.

If we stay in The Championship how many of our current squad will go in the summer?...

For starters......Ndidi, Fatawu, Faes, KDH, Daka, Doyle, Winks?   

Vardy probably off to have one final big payday somewhere.

Miss out on promotion and we're in deep deep trouble.

Yep. Fail this season and we could be down a long long time. Look at Forest.

50 minutes ago, Pita said:

Not sure the FA Cup has much prestige now. Clubs fielding weakened teams, fifth round played mid-week, no replays after round 4, inconsistent rules regarding VAR usage, etc. all point to the FA Cup being only slightly shinier than the EFL Cup these days. I suspect that City would have happily traded their Bournemouth win for a win at Leeds.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Not sure the FA Cup has much prestige now. Clubs fielding weakened teams, fifth round played mid-week, no replays after round 4, inconsistent rules regarding VAR usage, etc. all point to the FA Cup being only slightly shinier than the EFL Cup these days. I suspect that City would have happily traded their Bournemouth win for a win at Leeds.

I'd have traded having a fit Ricardo for vital league games for that win at Bournemouth!!

Really don't get the 'over the top: excitement on here for a F A Cup run when it's quite obvious we're not going to win the thing!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure there's any sadder reflection on the state of football than the fact that fans let spreadsheets be the deciding factor in what they want their club to prioritise.

That's just the reality. 

Those spreadsheet stipulations translate into real life mediocrity for a very long time should we fail to achieve promotion.

It's the real life ramifications people are arsed about, not the numbers in the spreadsheets in and of themselves.

Can't believe I'm having to explain this.

• Like 2

People saying the fa Cup, would you really be happy for us to stay in the championship, probably get points deductions for ffp breaches, lose all our best players and be financially fckd to the point where we could end up being a middle of the road championship club for years to come? We can think about trophies when we have re established ourselves in the prem. As sad as it is, money is everything in football now and the long term future of my club is far more important that a trophy. 

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

That's just the reality. 

Those spreadsheet stipulations translate into real life mediocrity for a very long time should we fail to achieve promotion.

It's the real life ramifications people are arsed about, not the numbers in the spreadsheets in and of themselves.

Can't believe I'm having to explain this.

You're not having to explain anything. I understand why people feel the need to think that way.

I just find it extremely sad, that's all.

52 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure there's any sadder reflection on the state of football than the fact that fans let spreadsheets be the deciding factor in what they want their club to prioritise.

This is just dumb though isn't it. 

When the question was Champions League qualification or the FA Cup then this was a valid position to take and fair enough. 

But right now we're teetering on the edge. We could be the next Derby, Sunderland, Coventry or worse - dare you even look as low as Oldham?

Do you want to have to **** off to Boston or Burton or something to watch our home games because they're the closest teams that'll let us use their stadium when we can't afford our own? 

This is like saying it's a sad reflection of modern life that I'm letting my bank balance stop me from lying on a beach in the Pacific right now drinking tropical rocket fuel out of a coconut. 

People don't us to be promoted so that we can have a lovely big bank balance so that we can be massive. They want us to get promoted because we've got a shit load of debt and need the revenue and they quite like having a football club in the city to support. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Mine reasoning isn't money related, I'd imagine we could easily be towards the bottom of this league next season if we didn't go up and also had European football to contend with, along with the exodus of players we'd see this summer.

58 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Big shame that you're conclusion of Premier League being your answer is because "that's where the big money is".

Cynical perhaps, but money equates to success, be  it in the League or to a very very slightly lesser degree, the Cup.

Yes it would be great to have another FA cup, but that is an instant benefit, the promotion is for the clubs future (Like it or not)

Edited by Dahnsouff