Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
melrose

FA Cup win or Promotion

Guest leatherhead32
12 hours ago, filthyfox said:

I'm sure Tottingham would be happy just finishing in top 4 of this division...

No trophies...   just top 4. 😝

they'd end up 5th in a 4 horse race ;)

Interesting thought, if leicester missed out on automatic spot and have to face the play offs, plus leicester reach the fa cup final we could three trips to Wembley in a space of two months. Possibly four if we win the fa cup and back for the charity shield. Im sure the money from all that would balance the books.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Interesting thought, if leicester missed out on automatic spot and have to face the play offs, plus leicester reach the fa cup final we could three trips to Wembley in a space of two months. Possibly four if we win the fa cup and back for the charity shield. Im sure the money from all that would balance the books.

Would also be a record for Wembley appearances in 3 months, wouldn't it?

Fa cup is impossible surely. Even if somehow we win at Chelsea (won't happen) we will undoubtedly get Man City or Liverpool in the semi or final and be humiliated. Promotion is pretty much a must with our financial situation. 

To win the fa cup we are going to have to win 3 games against either Liverpool Man City Man Utd Chelsea(obviously)  to get promoted we beat Preston Blackburn Bristol City Birmingham and Plymouth …. I know where my money is going 

The most likely scenario is promotion then immediate relegation sadly, with the added possibility (likelihood?) of points deduction.

A season of frustration and anger beckons l fear in the blatantly fixed for the big boys prem.

The object of this sport is winning trophies and frankly the EPL have learnt their lesson and will never allow a team like Leicester to get close to winning again.

As long as we survive as a club, I'd take the glory of another FA cup over the con of fair competition in the prem ta.

• Like 1

Way things are going with the media, efl, football authorities in general with respect to our club IF we were to win the FA Cup they would try their hardest

to take it off us, saying we cheated, played an ineligible player, breached some rule or other............................

As Carry on Cleo once said, Infamy, Infamy they all have in Infamy.

On 07/03/2024 at 22:11, trugerkem said:

To win the fa cup we are going to have to win 3 games against either Liverpool Man City Man Utd Chelsea(obviously)  to get promoted we beat Preston Blackburn Bristol City Birmingham and Plymouth …. I know where my money is going 

Lol.. I think the question was which would you choose bud, not which is most likely!

22 hours ago, J. James said:

The most likely scenario is promotion then immediate relegation sadly, with the added possibility (likelihood?) of points deduction.

A season of frustration and anger beckons l fear in the blatantly fixed for the big boys prem.

The object of this sport is winning trophies and frankly the EPL have learnt their lesson and will never allow a team like Leicester to get close to winning again.

As long as we survive as a club, I'd take the glory of another FA cup over the con of fair competition in the prem ta.

Think of it as a 12 match league that starts today, with the bonus that if you lose 1 game (except the hopefully superfluous last league hame of the season), you only win trophy instead of 2.

51 minutes ago, J. James said:

Lol.. I think the question was which would you choose bud, not which is most likely!

If you put it like that, then the FA cup, cos we would have the pleasure of seeing our team beat 3 of the mentioned premier league clubs on the way to lifting the FA cup. But let’s be honest, if we do beat 3 of those premier  league teams, then you expect us to beat enough championship clubs to get promoted.

• Like 1

Say again..Nature of the beast has a fan

You dream, so one dreams while possible you want both.

A title ,a trophy, is why you play or why one is a fan….

The course of the season will determin our achievements..

If we won the cup & didn’t go up….might be a good 2 fingers up

to FFP-chaos ,with P&S,pushed to the side,that the media keep conjuring up,

or regurgitating from them doing pub crawls around each others stories..

• Like 1

Imagine the scene, in your dotage, grandkids on your knee - "Tell us again about the time we won the FA Cup grandad..."

It will never be: "Tell us about the time we got promoted and then struggled in the PL with a period of sustained mediocrity grandad".  

I think that anyone that chooses promotion over a hypothetical FA Cup is lacking a little romance in their soul.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Imagine the scene, in your dotage, grandkids on your knee - "Tell us again about the time we won the FA Cup grandad..."

It will never be: "Tell us about the time we got promoted and then struggled in the PL with a period of sustained mediocrity grandad".  

I think that anyone that chooses promotion over a hypothetical FA Cup is lacking a little romance in their soul.

Equally you could be reciting a day out at Old Trafford after watching us play at home to Rochdale in front of 6 thousand fans & the grandkid says “Tell us again what it was like to beat Man U in the premier league…”

I feel with what’s happened this week we need promotion and a cash injection. I know the irony is that trying to fight in the premier league is what got us in this mess, but not going up, having to strip all playable assets and be left with nothing and having to buy players from Cheltenham Town before slipping away akin to Wigan, Portsmouth, Wimbledon feels me with sadness after ALL we have achieved and being seen as the best of the rest for so long. 😔 

Although 1 thing most of us have said is how they have enjoyed this season without all the fanfare & noise that comes with the premier lge, you could say that we have all lost a bit of the romance of supporting our team, what it was like being a football supporter & what match days used to be about…this probably still happens in the lower leagues & because I mentioned them imagine what it’s like the day of a match being a Cheltenham fan and playing Gloucester in the cup for instance, I have an image of how the tv depict it in a series set in the 80s (minus the trouble) & none of the huge commercial razzmatazz trying to suck every penny out of us.

Soooo right here right now I’d take promotion, no fa cup, no promotion arghh it’s to hard I just want girls on bread! 😂 

Anyone that says FA cup is crackers! If we don't go up this year it will have a detrimental affect on the club financially for years to come and we'll end up with another 2004-2008 style era. We can always have another crack at the FA Cup next year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Anyone that says FA cup is crackers! If we don't go up this year it will have a detrimental affect on the club financially for years to come and we'll end up with another 2004-2008 style era. We can always have another crack at the FA Cup next year.

And there's a lot of complete crackpots on here!!😂😂