Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
melrose

FA Cup win or Promotion

1 game at a time. Rotate in cup and play that game with no pressure (Chelsea will be the ones feeling the pressure).  If we got booted out - then no tears from me. Even getting this far has been fun.

Edited by Chelmofox

3 hours ago, BertFill said:

Apart from simply being the top division, the Premier League has nothing at all to recommend it. It's a horrible place.

Is it the refreshing lack of hype, the fact that fans tend to be real fans, there being some real grounds or the competitive and unpredictable nature of the league that you dislike?

Nothing to do with hype. You may well say the Championship is "unpredictable" but that can be said of many leagues.

No, it is the level of opposition which in a lot of cases is dire. I know the old adage of "you can only play what's in front of you" but if we had a ruthless streak we would be streets ahead in the league and of the verge of winning it with two months to go.

40 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

One FA cup trophy this year in exchange for potentially being stuck in the 2nd division or worse for 5-10 years? With dwindling prestige, managerial prospects and lower quality of players coming through? And being hamstrung/receiving points penalties by the EFL for the first 2-3 years too? 

Blimey. 

Yep.  I'd take that.  We would rebuild and return, but yes, I would swap bobbling along at the top of the championship or lower end prem for one big, fat, shiny FA Cup.  In the grand scheme of things,  no one will remember plodding along but that trophy would be in the bank forever.

• Like 1

i will just add though that it was 1980 since a lower league team beat a top division team in the FA cup final. West Ham beat Arsenal.

Beating  a prem team in the final and therefore several prem teams along the way will be a nice ego boost, it must be said..

If it weren’t for the potential existential threat to the club of not getting promoted I’d be FA Cup every day of the week. I’d swap an extra season in the championship for an FA Cup trophy and the chance to be at the final this time. 
Unfortunately I think this hypothetical choice is between an FA Cup and administration, points deductions and 5-10 years in the doldrums of the lower leagues which is far less palatable. 
Those saying it would be typical Leicester to win the FA Cup from the second division - it’s more like Leicester to blow promotion, then lose the FA Cup 😂

FA Cup all day, and bottle automatics intentionally 

Three trips to Wembley in the space of a month, with two trophies, Prem footy and Europe the prize. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

If anybody says FA Cup win, they’re bonkers, or simply don’t understand the financial problems we’d suffer if we stayed down longer than one season.

Get promoted, strengthen the team and have another crack at the FA Cup next year. 

Perhaps some people are happy to stay down without VAR, with more Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs, more competitive matches.

• Like 2

OMG that is tricky, 2021 was a special day however only 6k Leicester were present to witness it, it would be amazing if 30k could present for the next time. I think under the circumstances I'd take promotion as we need to get back as soon as possible. Plus winning it would mean having to play in the europa league whilst in the championship which as we've seen the likes of Wigan, Birmingham and Millwall not ideal. I'd say lets get to the semi's have a dayout at wembley then, lose and achieve promotion. 

38 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Perhaps some people are happy to stay down without VAR, with more Saturday 3 o’clock kick offs, more competitive matches.

And maybe some of us would just like to attend a match with a sense of anticipation and be entertained 🙂 .

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

If we had never won the FA cup I'd have said FA cup,  I want to be in the Premier league.  Cant stand this league.

Why ? It's competitive and we have a chance of winning matches. More honest than the clique that monopolize the Premier.