Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Premier League is already saying to the EFL  ‘Hold my mother feckin beer’. lol

I think the punishment will be greater from the PL than what the EFL can do as well... 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I think the punishment will be greater from the PL than what the EFL can do as well... 

I could easily see an 8 points penalty

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstarr said:

We have breached them, that’s why they’ve done it. It’s just not been publicized yet 

How can we have breached them when we could sell a player before the end of June and potentially comply with the rules?

• Like 1

So they've found us guilty without a trial?

This is so going to get messy.

If you think it's bad now you perhaps need to find another club.

Going to be one hell of a fvcking ride for the next 2/3yrs.

• Like 2

Suspect we have an embargo in lieu of having a business plan. Bit petty, but I could imagine this being the reason.

13 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Enzo needs to channel this in a way that creates a siege mentality. **** them and let’s win as many of these last 9 games as possible 

Or alternatively let’s see how many times Winks and Chodury can pass it to each other without actually going anywhere. Let’s bore them to death. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

He’s representing us, and was the lawyer for Forest as well. 

5 minutes ago, Harboro said:

Kieran Maguire saying Nick de Marco

Presumably well known and reputable? No doubt not cheap! 

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

Don’t jump on the club. It may be the EFL who are doing the wrongdoing here. 

It’s hard not to think we did break the rules though as it seems a slam dunk, but yes innocent until proven guilty.

3 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

But we've hardly bought anyone. Or is this because we couldn't get shot of many? I don't understand this nonsense 

It’s all about ‘sustainability’ mate.

Or at least, in principle.

Yes, Man City et al have spent huge sums on players, but they’ve sold players for lots and lots of money too. Merchandise, season tickets, etc bring more money in than a club like Leicester.

Where we have probably gone wrong is in signing duff players on big salaries, and then being unable to sell them. There’s loads of examples. Soumare, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Amartey etc. A load were up for sale but no-one wanted to sign them. Hence, no money coming in on transfers out.

Remember that players like Slimani were on 100k peer week! Some on here have tried to justify that signing but I still believe he was one of City’s worst ever signings in terms of value for money. Daka, Nacho also on decent money and again, no suitors to offload to if we wished to.

Therefore, income hasn’t equated to outgoings for a couple of seasons. Ie if that continued we are not sustainable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1