Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VintageFox73

Transfer embargo

End of summer window, i was pretty angry we hadn't signed anyone, i thought as a result we'd get relegated, and i was right. Top issued a statement saying they were trying to adhere to PSR ffp rules and the future of the club. It seems despite this we probably broke psr anyway. 

The reason for this attempting to keep our European squad by paying them more than their worth, failing to make Europe left a £40m black hole, unable to sell on players without a large loss and our low finish 22/23 also cost us. 

Can anyone explain to me how this is the clubs fault? 

I think i was wrong to be angry summer 22, i just didnt believe what was happening, its clear now we are a unique cass, i cant see how this could have been forseen. Maybe theres something ive missed.

LCFC have managed to skirt the financial rules over the last 20 years - always legal, just right up to the line - so it’s no surprise both the PL and EFL are trying to nail them this time around. Be better of taking the coming hit in the EFL, as still have a chance of promotion via the playoffs. Go up, points deduction and relegation surely follow. 

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

So who has decided on this embargo the EFL board if so surely they have a vested interest looking at them there's Rick Parry, Peter Ridsdale, one from Millwall, Preston & Middlesbrough, plus others from outside the championship, this is why an independent panel should do it.

Rick Parry colluded with Liverpool and Manchester United to try and set up Project Big Picture. He is also a former Liverpool CEO and the founding Premier League CEO.

And people wonder why so little money filters down to the EFL.

The game is being operated by brazen cheats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Abd who employs those people? Buck stops with the chairman.

Yes it does, ultimately it's on him but he's got a multi-billion company to look after, we're just one part of that and everyone from Whelan downwards is responsible for the day-to-day running of the club. Let's be honest, Top knows zero about football business and relies heavily on that group of directors to keep this ship afloat. Like I say if, after all this mess is sorted out he doesn't massively reorganise this club then he isn't fit for purpose. The last 2 years have been a harsh business lesson about taking your eye off the ball.

12 minutes ago, Microsburst said:

LCFC have managed to skirt the financial rules over the last 20 years - always legal, just right up to the line - so it’s no surprise both the PL and EFL are trying to nail them this time around. Be better of taking the coming hit in the EFL, as still have a chance of promotion via the playoffs. Go up, points deduction and relegation surely follow. 

Better to be up with the revenue streams in place and try to stay up than be down with points deducted and players sold trying to fight our way out of the dead man's league. That took a decade last time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Microsburst said:

But lose in the playoffs, lose out on the money we’d get if we were to be promoted automatically. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Its only effective in the EFL at the moment so maybe different if get promoted.

Can imagine EFL big wigs finding the loosest of clauses to try and say we can't sign anyone even if we get promoted. 

26 minutes ago, Microsburst said:

Proof please.

40 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Better to be up with the revenue streams in place and try to stay up than be down with points deducted and players sold trying to fight our way out of the dead man's league. That took a decade last time.

I get what you’re saying - but if relegation comes in the first year, the issue is just kicked down the road till later. It’s all crooked to protect a few. 

We’re being squeezed. Feels like we’re trying to Avoid punishment in either league by playing musical chairs but eventually the music stops or there’s only one chair left.
damned if we do go up and damned if we stay down. I will always support our club but I’m not so sure of our owners and directors. As they take on this massive legal battle which is getting bigger by the day if they want the fans on side they have to come out with a statement saying they have done no wrong and why. This is the one time they really have to come clean but I doubt they will saying legalities keep them from revealing. We are all just blind in this mess yet will feel the biggest impact of any punishment. Damn what a stressful season this is turning into just like last.

28 minutes ago, KFS said:

Proof please.

That they are after Leicester or that LCFC skirted the admin rules not once but twice? I don’t have an issue with the latter - they didn’t break any rules, but laws were changed afterwards to stop the same happening. 

1 minute ago, Microsburst said:

That they are after Leicester or that LCFC skirted the admin rules not once but twice? I don’t have an issue with the latter - they didn’t break any rules, but laws were changed afterwards to stop the same happening. 

Mate since then we’ve won three cups and competed in Europe thrice. With an average net spend of circa -20m quid. Really?

Your beloved Leeds have had windows where reported losses were 200m and you still couldn’t avoid the drop. Why are you even logging on here to talk about this lol 

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

We’re being squeezed. Feels like we’re trying to Avoid punishment in either league by playing musical chairs but eventually the music stops or there’s only one chair left.
damned if we do go up and damned if we stay down. I will always support our club but I’m not so sure of our owners and directors. As they take on this massive legal battle which is getting bigger by the day if they want the fans on side they have to come out with a statement saying they have done no wrong and why. This is the one time they really have to come clean but I doubt they will saying legalities keep them from revealing. We are all just blind in this mess yet will feel the biggest impact of any punishment. Damn what a stressful season this is turning into just like last.

I agree with your point - it would be great to understand why the club don’t feel they’re guilty of anything. It’s interesting but all clubs use the same excuse - we may have been accused of  breaking some rules but we refuse to break an NDA rule that would exonerate us.