Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) - pre-match

4 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

It’s lucky we have got two very winnable home games the way we played in the last game away. 

Wouldn’t class Norwich as very winnable but then again we should be winning every game at home in this division- obviously we won’t but setting out with the expectations.

5 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Wouldn’t class Norwich as very winnable but then again we should be winning every game at home in this division- obviously we won’t but setting out with the expectations.

Norwich are decent, however they’re poor away from home. At home they’re unbeaten this year I think. 

Don’t fancy us at all, perhaps a draw if we’re lucky, but I can see Norwich turning us over today.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2024 at 00:27, volpeazzurro said:

Yet out of all his club and international managers, only you have seen him as anything other than a centre half?  Clearly management at a high level beckons!

in fairness, I've also said this, although that was more a "he's not getting dropped and it at least gets him away from our goal" idea.

I’d like to see Braybrook and if fit Alves given a go. Both are better than Wanya and Kacey when 100%, lets get them both into the squad at least and give the team an injection of something. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I didn't like our body language at Bristol from the get go. On a bad run, and yet no energy or impetus to turn things around. If this one starts in the same manner. Then I fear they are no longer playing for their manager. 

I actually feel and fear they may no longer be playing for the club anymore, the drop off considering our league position, suggests it’s more to do with the catastrophic financial position we find ourselves in and the associated sanctions we will find ourselves under next season regardless of the league we end up in. 

I can imagine a lot of players genuinely felt the club would use relegation to regroup and come back having another go at becoming a club capable of competing for top half finishes and maybe the odd European challenge. To find out that we are more likely to be hit with a record points deduction and a decimated squad is hardly going to create a positive mentality. I imagine most are drained and quite frankly utterly pissed off. 

Expect Ricky P for Hamza and Daka for Vardy will be the only changes but would defo look at swapping Faes for Coady and Albrighton / Marcal for Stephy.

Any.sort.of.win.

that has to be the objective

I would usually say at this stage of the season, any win will do. 

I don’t actually think that is acceptable today. I think we need a statement from Mr Maresca and his players. I think we are due one. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Time for Enzo to try and show us he is one of the best and brightest…….and not just a poor imitation.

Do you not think he should be doing this from the start of the season until the end?

Enzo is a fraud and shouldn't be anywhere near coaching at championship level 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Time for Enzo to try and show us he is one of the best and brightest…….and not just a poor imitation.

15 minutes ago, henry56 said:

Just try something different . At least get our wingers to interchange occasionally . Give defenders something less predictable to think about . 

You think they will make changes to their approach in less than 48 hours ? 

whatever they thought would work on Friday will be rolled out again today …… etc etc 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t actually think that is acceptable today. I think we need a statement from Mr Maresca and his players. I think we are due one. 

Agreed. We need to send out a statement. 

Wife had a dream Winks broke his leg, son had a dream that the entire 1st team didn't turn up.

Happy Easter everyone. Going to need all the seasonal joy you can muster up today.

Must win game , and yet the players and management won’t turn up. Can see Norwich beating us quiet easily 3-1 win. Momentum has shifted for us unfortunately.

Would love us to show our promotion credentials with a goal fest against the Canaries 4-0 win.

31 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A win and Enzo to unfurl a 'Rudkin Out' banner in front of the Kop after the game would be apt!