Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) - pre-match

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is not a deliberate ploy, we've lost the plot and can no longer control possession. We give the ball away incessantly. 

That's part of it. I think the pressing and long balls are a tweak to compensate. 

But most of our fans think this is our chickens coming home to roost. I.e. we're doing the same thing and we've been 'sussed'.

No, we're not doing what we were with anything like the same ability and compounding that with rash tweaks.

Yet you read on here there's no flexibility to the tactics or willingness to try anything different.

Truth is we'd be better off if that were the case!

• Like 1

Just now, brownboy93 said:

Random thought, seeing as we have limited options in CM and loads out of form & what seems an infinite amount of cb's. It'd be interesting to see wout played as a high 8 in wilfs role. He's got the attributes tbf to him in box crashing/ball Carrying etc then we could have the obvs better choice of our defense behind 

I've heard worse ideas to be fair.  And the current midfield aren't exactly shining.  He can certainly get forward when he wants to 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Most bizarre post of the year competition potential.

Cause People in general are too linear with their thinking, think about attributes of the players and potential of where and what could make things better e.g. bale started off at lb, kompany was in midfield 

My first game back in my season ticket hotseat for two months, and I'm wondering what's the point with our current standard of football at the moment.

I'd much rather like to stay at home and eat chocolate egg, but I suppose I can still have my egg in the stands whilst suffering in the stands.

Probably 1-0 to Norwich, given our blunt attacking prowess and tactical ineffectiveness and inflexibility lately.

24 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Cause People in general are too linear with their thinking, think about attributes of the players and potential of where and what could make things better e.g. bale started off at lb, kompany was in midfield 

Yet out of all his club and international managers, only you have seen him as anything other than a centre half?  Clearly management at a high level beckons!

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Most bizarre post of the year competition potential.

Tbf if you'd told me we'd be playing Wilf as an attacking midfielder and Ricardo in the middle before the start of this season, I'd have thought you were nuts. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yet out of all his club and international managers, only you have seen him as anything other than a centre half?  Clearly management at a high level beckons!

Good for them but irrelevant 😅 I'm talking about OUR options in cm just for this last run in & most are not upto it in that area at the mo 

1-0 down at half time. Struggle to break them down. Caught on the counter 2-0. They sit deep for the last 30 minutes. We have all the ball but can't get past, and it's frustrating. Chances missed, wingers nullified and Vardy not getting the service and misses chances. 85 minute a corner comes in and a deflected goal. 2-1. 4 minutes of injury time and nothing. 

Yes, I'm a time traveller, but forgot to buy a lottery ticket or check the numbers before I left. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, brownboy93 said:

Good for them but irrelevant 😅 I'm talking about OUR options in cm just for this last run in & most are not upto it in that area at the mo 

However bad they've been, whilst Faes occasionally makes the odd successful forage forward, he's miles off being anywhere near the standard of the others.

Not exactly fleet of foot, he's currently struggling to read the game as a centre half let alone in a faster paced midfield, he's missing runners and getting rolled already, God only knows what would happen further up. His concentration levels were usually pretty poor later on in games anyway but were apparent even in the first half against Bristol! I sometimes think he appears a bit arrogant as if the Championship is a bit beneath him. He certainly, just imo, needs dropping for a while in favour of Coady, Nelson or even Souttar. He's a liability at the moment at centre half let alone left to wander round in midfield!

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

However bad they've been, whilst Faes occasionally makes the odd successful forage forward, he's miles off being anywhere near the standard of the others.

Not exactly fleet of foot, he's currently struggling to read the game as a centre half let alone in a faster paced midfield, he's missing runners and getting rolled already, God only knows what would happen further up. His concentration levels were usually pretty poor later on in games anyway but were apparent even in the first half against Bristol! I sometimes think he appears a bit arrogant as if the Championship is a bit beneath him. He certainly, just imo, needs dropping for a while in favour of Coady, Nelson or even Souttar. He's a liability at the moment at centre half let alone left to wander round in midfield!

He’s the fastest centre half we have? lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

These next two home games are the season. Two wins or it's the playoffs. 

Agree, we HAVE to win the next two home games otherwise as you say, it’s the playoffs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Agree, we HAVE to win the next two home games otherwise as you say, it’s the playoffs. 

And if we win the next two, then we can actually gain some momentum again. 

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

And if we win the next two, then we can actually gain some momentum again. 

Exactly. Put everything that’s happened behind us. Dwelling on it achieves nothing. We are in a race for the title and still in a great position. Take it game by game and start being positive. 

Everything you read about LCFC is gloom and doom, whether it the financial situation, men/women teams and our board. We need the players to lead the way for the fans, we need the fans to get behind the team, which them the courage to take the attacking options. It’s not all down to Enzo, although he’s got a lot to answer for, but since when the 1st news broke re our finances broke, we seem to gone into our shell, almost if it’s saying heavy on the players. It’s a horrible situation we find ourselves and I don’t know the answer, not sure sacking Enzo is the answer right now, that’s for discussion once the season over, which ever the league we are in.I don’t think this would benefit the team, the upheaval would be huge, with all the issues we have going atm.

As a fan base, we don’t seem to get behind the team when we are down, total opposite to Forest/Everton, their fans seem to rally the players during match and even lift them.

our players need this, no matter we think of the players/tactics or the manager.

I hope we get a positive result tomorrow and a bit of luck( we not had any for a good few matches)🤞 and start showing that we deserve to be promoted in one of the automatic places.

We have not recovered from Enzos idiotic nonsense comments before the Leeds game.
Bet he has 2 pictures of himself in his house and lick’s himself to sleep, purring about his boring football and how it’s not his fault, that people can’t see that passing it for the sake of  it is crap

16 minutes ago, Claridge said:

We have not recovered from Enzos idiotic nonsense comments before the Leeds game.
Bet he has 2 pictures of himself in his house and lick’s himself to sleep, purring about his boring football and how it’s not his fault, that people can’t see that passing it for the sake of  it is crap

I agree Leeds was a turning point, but I’d say it was more about the second half missed chances and defensive collapse than Maresca’s pre-match comments. Something in the team got broken in that second half.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1