Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) - pre-match

Mads

Riccy

Coady

Vestegaard

Doyle

Winks

Ndidi

Praet

Yunus

Marcal

Daka

Bench:

Stol, Nelson, Albrighton, Vardy, Cannon, Fatawu, Mavididi, two youth teamers (Alves and Braybrooke?)

Do not want to see that "we've got david luiz at home" ****er or Dewsbury-Hall stink up the place again.

The persistence with Faes when Doyle and Coady are both centre halves is the real piss take – I don't think Doyle has been particularly convincing at LB but he's not and never will be a full back. By all accounts he was phenomenal for Cov last year at CB.

I'm not a huge Vestergaard fan tbh but I can at least acknowledge he has a very good attribute in his passing that makes him stand out. But Faes is... just not really good at anything bar the odd marauding run forward. More to the point, when our backs are against the wall he falls to pieces. I don't think he's integral to getting this system working but Maresca insists on playing him.

In our situation we decided to pay £8 million for Coady's leadership, it seems. Now we bloody need it and he simply can't be any worse than Faes has been for the last month and a half – it's an area of the pitch we're well stacked in and we're playing a centre half who chases after the ball like a dog in the park.

Guest J-FOX
13 minutes ago, the draper said:

If we win is that panic over ???

No. As with Rodgers, I want him out regardless of what happens - the evidence has spoken and the similarities are too significant to ignore..... again !

11 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

Given the current team malaise, is there no room for Canon up front, Nelson at the back? Two players that need a start, are full of running and maybe are our future.

And both injured.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The atmosphere will turn seriously toxic if we don't convincingly win this, even more so than anything we saw under BR. What we have thrown away is unforgivable. Hopefully Top is there.

The atmosphere wasn’t great late on in the game yesterday and pretty tasty at the end so it won’t take much.

This game is a chance for Enzo to put reality ahead of philosophy.

If Coady is the “leader” he claims, he needs to be leading on the pitch.

Mavididi needs to be dropped. His form doesn’t justify a place in the team atm.

If we need to chase the game, play with two forwards.

And if it ain’t working, please make some changes before 80mins! 

• Like 1

Mads 

Ricardo        Coady        Souttar      Justin 

N’didi 

KDH                        Winks

Albrighton                                           Mavididi  

Vardy 

• Like 1

If we pick our best team for this, according from our forum Match Ratings:

That'll be 2 goalkeepers, 4 defenders and 5 midfielders. No wonder we can't score goals and the best play is the back pass.

Bin the inverted right back role. It was sussed ages ago we are not good enough.

Our wingers clearly need support and protection. Playing a FB in an overcrowded midfield for the sake of stats and to fuel Enzos obsession with Pep is crazy.

Even Rodgers was flexible on occasions (FA cup final win)

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Bin the inverted right back role. It was sussed ages ago we are not good enough.

Our wingers clearly need support and protection. Playing a FB in an overcrowded midfield for the sake of stats and to fuel Enzos obsession with Pep is crazy.

Who's going to play one-two's with Winks every time we kick off then though

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Inverted full back only works with Ricardo in that role. Even then, it can be dodgy as we lack pace in our backline.

Regardless, we're not winning this one. Norwich are absolutely flying.

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Wow! My thoughts EXACTLY!

Yes, it did work early on - but we started the season as such a powerhouse anything would've worked!

This obsession with doing anything that Pep does is, frankly, ludicrous. We simply do not have the calibre of players to be Manchester City look-alikes!

Also, this 'inverted fullback' thing? Anybody would think that Pep has revolutionised football with it.

He hasn't.

I remember the first game I saw at Filbert Street where I was gobsmacked to see that our main attacking and creative threats came from our brilliant Nº3 - marauding through midfield and dominating the game. (Great memories, Mr Nish, what a player!). Also pretty sure that Emelyn Hughes played a similiar rôle for Liverpool and England.

So Not New Pep and Not Amazingly wonderful, Enzo.

We all know whats going to happen, to be fair this has been lurking in the background since day 1, Any manager in the whole football league , and below would be ashamed if they couldn't get this squad up .in fact my Golden Retriever would be disappointed!

He got the job because the board thought he'd get loads of Man City's rejects, that's how shallow they are.

It's supposed to be all new football, this is the tripe Italy played in the 90's score one and sit back, and bore the pants off everyone.

We've let this nobody indulge in his own little fantasy, he's been laughing all season at the thick executive 's who took him on .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mannyzlcfc said:

I'm coming home for this one, not been back to Leicester for nearly 20 yrs. A birthday treat from my son, so hopefully a big win & great atmosphere for us. Not sat with Leicester fans since early 80s at the mighty Filbert St. COYF 🦊

A birthday treat ??

• Haha 3

I'm taking a homemade sign to this match.

I've got some good marker pens so it should show up quite well.

It's going to say 'EnzGO'

You know, like 'Enzo' but like, 'GO' as well. 

Implying that I want him to leave.

I'll probably get mobbed by security, but I don't care. I'm 76. I can handle myself.

Also 'E' (for Enzo), is the 5th letter of the alphabet. So, on the 5th minute, I'm going to pull my trousers down and scream at the top of my voice for the whole minute.

Who's with me?

We need to make ourselves heard.

• Like 1

The confidence and belief of both fans and players is shot to pieces. We need each other and Monday’s match needs a mutual boost from us all. Although we should have been a couple of matches from promotion by now, we are not. It’s still in our hands. Lots of truthful comments have been made about the style of play and no apparent desire by the manager to change it just a bit. This is OUR team and we should want to make sure we leave nothing out there on Monday. For those of you who have decided that you can’t be arsed anymore, stay at home and keep your apathy to yourself. Why have Norwich suddenly become so unbeatable? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

The confidence and belief of both fans and players is shot to pieces. We need each other and Monday’s match needs a mutual boost from us all. Although we should have been a couple of matches from promotion by now, we are not. It’s still in our hands. Lots of truthful comments have been made about the style of play and no apparent desire by the manager to change it just a bit. This is OUR team and we should want to make sure we leave nothing out there on Monday. For those of you who have decided that you can’t be arsed anymore, stay at home and keep your apathy to yourself. Why have Norwich suddenly become so unbeatable? 

Our very own Delia… Let’s be ‘avin ya!!! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mannyzlcfc said:

I'm coming home for this one, not been back to Leicester for nearly 20 yrs. A birthday treat from my son, so hopefully a big win & great atmosphere for us. Not sat with Leicester fans since early 80s at the mighty Filbert St. COYF 🦊

Someone is in for a surprise 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J-FOX said:

No. As with Rodgers, I want him out regardless of what happens - the evidence has spoken and the similarities are too significant to ignore..... again !

Your a happy chap 😄 

Don't disagree by the way 

Seriously does anyone see any difference between Bodgers ball and Enzo ball.

Both look good to great when working. Fvcking awful when not.

Both stubborn as fvck.

Neither have a plan b.

Both sucking the life out of me.

Then with our off field problems shite ref's and var I'm getting to the point where I don't give a fvck.

If we do fvck this up this season we will be fast tracked into div one next season.

2 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

The pack needs a shuffle.
Mentally, I’m here…

IMG_0250.png

Braybrooke never starts this season from now. He's only just getting back to reserves. 

Play Ndidi there. I'd still have Doyle as LB and Coady partnering one of Vestergaard/Souttar. 

It's time Faes was definitely dropped. Been getting away with too much for top long.