Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nolucklcfc

Birmingham

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

If you asked Enzo to name his strongest side I think other the the striker which he rotates the team that started on Monday would be it.

Its the first time since the start of October Ndidi, RIcardo and Dolye have all started together.

Yes, and i would expect he doesn't have a striker he considers his strongest. It teams sit deep he's probably less inclined to want to start Vardy and would sooner use younger legs to drag defenders around and use Vardy as an impact sub. 

Good point about this lineup not starting since October though. Monday we looked the best we have for months.

• Like 2

Guest leatherhead32
On 01/04/2024 at 16:22, Nolucklcfc said:

Hopefully another 3 points. 

im very confident on that sadly too confident, but think the team will show more respect to brum than me.

Looking back a few weeks when Leeds drew at Huddersfield in the lunchtime kick off and we managed to muck things up v QPR.

The fixtures look like they could work in our favour but you know this league and it IS Leicester City

22 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Simple but effective - love it. 

Off to hunt through my draws to find a scarf :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Yes, and i would expect he doesn't have a striker he considers his strongest. It teams sit deep he's probably less inclined to want to start Vardy and would sooner use younger legs to drag defenders around and use Vardy as an impact sub. 

Good point about this lineup not starting since October though. Monday we looked the best we have for months.

You just need to look on here - there's no agreement about who's our best striker.

We have:

Vardy - one of the greatest finishers ever, and who will give everything but who simply doesn't have as much to give as he used to.

Iheanacho - capable of moments of genius, and a good finisher, but very inconsistent and not someone you can rely on to put in a shift both pressing and dropping back to link up.

Daka - someone you can rely on to put in a shift both pressing and dropping back to link up, but who you can't rely on to put away a chance.

Cannon - unproven, looks like he can finish, and works hard, but doesn't appear to have the nous of Vardy or Daka's speed or quickness of thought.

I think Maresca's probably right to have concluded that Daka and Vardy are the best two we have.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BertFill said:

You just need to look on here - there's no agreement about who's our best striker.

We have:

Vardy - one of the greatest finishers ever, and who will give everything but who simply doesn't have as much to give as he used to.

Iheanacho - capable of moments of genius, and a good finisher, but very inconsistent and not someone you can rely on to put in a shift both pressing and dropping back to link up.

Daka - someone you can rely on to put in a shift both pressing and dropping back to link up, but who you can't rely on to put away a chance.

Cannon - unproven, looks like he can finish, and works hard, but doesn't appear to have the nous of Vardy or Daka's speed or quickness of thought.

I think Maresca's probably right to have concluded that Daka and Vardy are the best two we have.

On this forum, the best striker is usually the one that didn't start the last game. Look at the pelters Vardy took after the Bristol game, only to become our best striker one game later.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hermansen.

Faes.       Vestergaard.   Doyle

Ricardo.      Winks.

Ndidi.            KDH

Fatawu.             Vardy.              Mavididi

Stolarczyk 

Coady. Justin.

Praet. Choudhury

Akgün. Albrighton 

Daka. Iheanacho.

Our best team and what will start tomorrow. Birmingham will huff, puff, kick everything but the quality above should shine through over 90 minutes

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hermansen.

Faes.       Vestergaard.   Doyle

Ricardo.      Winks.

Ndidi.            KDH

Fatawu.             Vardy.              Mavididi

Stolarczyk 

Coady. Justin.

Praet. Choudhury

Akgün. Albrighton 

Daka. Iheanacho.

More than good enough in this league if they work together and apply some urgency.  Quickly out from the back like last game.  Get KDH, Abdul and Mavadidi flying at the defence.

If Vestagard starts playing walking football slower than my Nan, I hope the fans give him a gentle reminder like last game. The cheers for Abdul really lifted the energy, that would be good for Mavadidi if he drops his head. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Just have a weird feeling both Ipswich & Leeds will lose this weekend and we beat the brummies. Just hope we can go on and take that winning run to the finish line.

Hope you are right. But, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, we haven't won on a match day where Leeds or Ipswich have dropped any points, let alone lost, since 10 February! And more astonishingly, we haven't won on a match day where both Leeds and Ipswich have failed to win for over 3 months or, in other words, 16 game days!

Edited by Sunbury Fox

5 hours ago, BertFill said:

We have:

Good summary Cannon also might be brilliant, but not quite there yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Hope you are right. But, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, we haven't won on a match day where Leeds or Ipswich have dropped any points, let alone lost, since 10 February! And more astonishingly, we haven't won on a match day where both Leeds and Ipswich have failed to win for over 3 months or, in other words, 16 game days!

Has to happen at some point. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BertFill said:

We have:

going fine with cannon up front, then...

On 04/04/2024 at 17:58, cruzFOX said:

Just have a weird feeling both Ipswich & Leeds will lose this weekend and we beat the brummies. Just hope we can go on and take that winning run to the finish line.

Both away to play off contenders and us at home to a team fighting relegation. I think that's just good sound logic to be fair haha.

We should absolutely win, it'd be criminal if we didn't. The other 2 are probably a coin flip - a three sided coin flip.

Don’t really think norwich will get anything against Ipswich tomorrow but maybe cov could get a draw. Would love them both to lose but after last weeks 90 odd min winner and late pen just don’t see them slowing down this week.