Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Accounts 22/23

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

KDH says hi!

A player Brighton will sign for about £20m after a season of arguably being the best player in the Championship having already proven himself at Premier League level.

It'll be a fantastic purchase for them/whoever gets him.

The issue is when they start putting north of 80k a week on the likes of Evans, Bertrand and Vestergaard  while also start giving massive contracts out to players that are being signed specifically to be squad players like Praet, Perez, Soumare, Daka, Castagne etc. as they're not an improvement to the starting 11.

Just now, AKCJ said:

A player Brighton will sign for about £20m after a season of arguably being the best player in the Championship having already proven himself at Premier League level.

The issue is when they start putting north of 80k a week on the likes of Evans, Bertrand and Vestergaard  while also start giving massive contracts out to players that are being signed specifically to be squad players like Praet, Perez, Soumare, Daka, Castagne etc. as they're not an improvement to the starting 11.

KDH had a patchy PL experience. One footed who the best midfielders and defenders know how to handle. It would be Brighton veering away from their model.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Think that was more media driven to be honest. Who got relegated and who would be most pissed off kinda lazy journalism.

No way did our board have the audacity to officially be considering legal action against another club, knowing what we have been up to! 

You’d be surprised…

34 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Has anyone got a breakdown of our results adjusted for FFP from say 17-23? 

I don’t think these are made public 

25 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I just dont think anyone expected Vestergaard to be as good as he was. Which is odd, as our club singed him!

there’s got to be something funny here 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Daka was on €7k - £79k at Leicester 

Soumare €16k - £83k at Leicester

You're telling me that wouldn't have accepted let's say £30k each? 

even worse than I thought (if you were of a certain mindset then you’d be looking around for brown paper envelopes on these contract arrangements - anyone know where 30k lee has his holiday  homes ?)

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Brighton won’t do this - they are owned by a professional poker player.  I doubt he losses too many negotiating issues.  He also knows when to cut and run.

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Worth listening to Les Ferdinand on the stick to football podcast. The QPR similarities are huge. He covers FFP, how it's impossible to sell the players on high wages etc 

Totally agree - well worth a listen...

Might be a good choice if we want a real DOF....

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Our wage approach is astonishing 

take Bouba and patson 

they would likely have been earning. 20k/week in France and Austria 

who on earth thought it made sense to give them 80k/week ?  Surely you max at 50k and if they turn out to be mustard then you can give them a new deal 18 months later 

vestergaard at 80k is more understandable given his experience and that he was likely already on 50k at soton. Even then surely he would have signed at 65k.  

bertrand at 80k/week is often pointed at for being nuts.  But he was a free and considered himself worth a £3m s/o few. So over two years that 3m is 30k/week.  We’ve effectively bought him for 3m on a two year deal and paid him 50k/week.  We have no idea if there was an option for us to extend his two year deal to three at 50k if he’d worked out. 

Our general transfer policy was ridiculous. When players are half way through their contracts you

a) offer them a new deal on a reasonable increase if they have excelled

b)  you sell them and cut your losses if necessary 

you don’t have a policy which doesn’t match the commercial size of the club when there is a psr structure in place that prevents you from spending much more than you can earn.   We won’t know if there was resistance in place from some board members and they were over ruled or out voted. To assume that all of them were fully on board (pardon the pun) isn’t something we can second guess. 

Vestys dog s**t at PL level and should be sold if we get promoted 

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

These are their signings this summer...this doesn't strike me as a team that are abandoning their principles. 

De Zerbi has been in the media a few times talking about frustration in the market. Brighton have their way of working - if the coach doesn't like it then he will be free to leave I imagine. This is how to do it. What you don't do is abandon your principles, letting a jumped up little egomaniac keep giving pay rises to the squad so they like him and start signing "project" players on massive money. 

image.png.cc8f80c46eb1ebbacb9a219f8f8f6397.png

You could easily count at least ten players that Brighton have that will rake in profit. For instance even though they signed Joao Pedro for around £30 million, with the impact he’s had so far, you could easily see him going elsewhere in a few years for £60-70 million. They have a cluster of players in their early 20’s and teens, that will rake in serious profit over the coming years. 

When it comes to Leicester City, in the summer it’s looking highly likely we’d need to generate a good amount when it comes to player sales, but we have so many players in their mid to late 20’s with zero profit value. 

KDH & Hermansen are the only two who could rake in a decent sum, we’d probably make profit on James Justin but not by much. 

Who knows what our transfer policy will look like in the summer, we could be completely screwed and will have to rely on numerous of our academy players. 

But if and when we have some money to spend, our strategy simply has to change. 

We need to find more players in Hermansen’s bracket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

the Forest humbling in the FA Cup should have been the catalyst to remove Brendan and in the summer sell 3 or 4 higher earners for sensible fees, reinvest and freshen the squad, we may have struggled or even still got relegated however our financial position would be nowhere near as precarious and we would have a few more saleable assets.  

The Brendan 'refresh' outburst is even more baffling. Really wish Amazon Prime were filming a documentary during that period.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Daka was on €7k - £79k at Leicester 

Soumare €16k - £83k at Leicester

You're telling me that wouldn't have accepted let's say £30k each? 

Wow...Soumare must have been pretty disappointed he only managed to get x5 on his existing wages when we usually offer x10 to everyone else as a minimum...! :D

16 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

I certainly hope so, the club's only chance to survive this is the £100m+ TV rights we'll get if go up, without it we're beyond fked, at least then we'll get relegated but can rebuild the season after. If we do not go up this season this could take us back to league one.

We were in the same position in 2003.

Just now, Chelmofox said:

KDH had a patchy PL experience. One footed who the best midfielders and defenders know how to handle. It would be Brighton veering away from their model.

Totally disagree. It's a fantastic deal for them. I would say that if we weren't in financial difficulties we would be asking for more than double. (Morgan Gibbs White to Forest for reference).

KDH at something between 20-30m is peanuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

This is all an absolute nonsense.

Owners should be able to spend their own money in an attempt to be successful. We had two 5th place finishes and an FA Cup win and our owners decided to roll the dice and have a go at improving on it. 

Circumstances that followed then caused us to go backwards rather than forwards. We should be applauded for having a go rather that punished for daring to challenge the elite.

Much prefer your proposal Jeff, let us all have at it! However, what you do is loudly challenge the rules as they've been formulated, find support among other PL clubs and push for change. You don't opt to become a pariah effectively by cheating the system, or if you do then you do so with conviction. Stay true to the course. Why didn't we go bigger in the summer, embracing our position that FFP is a nonsense and we've chosen to play by our own rules here? Instead we've cut our cloth these past two seasons in a nod to compliance, despite full awareness that this wouldn't be nearly enough to avoid sanctions anyway. The squad's worse for it and our penalty will seemingly be the same as if we had kept spending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

but it’s very clear he has improved his game drastically.  The fact he now has the ability to turn players so well actually reduces the one footed issue as he’s become a lot less predictable. Before it felt like he’d just tunnel vision bomb towards the left. 

I think he will continue to improve and anyone who gets him for 30m will be very happy with their purchase. 

He’s really under appreciated by our fans overall and I can’t quite work out why that is. I’d guess it’s because over the last 10 years we’ve been very lucky with the standard of players we’ve had at the club. If we’d had kdh 10 years ago he’d be an absolute cult hero and nobody would say anything negative about him. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

KDH is going to be like the last fit bird on the dancefloor in a grotty nightclub come June.

Fit(ish) bird with only one working leg and a slightly 'mardy' demeanor.  I great 3 pinter, but you can't help but think somethings not quite right.....

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Totally disagree. It's a fantastic deal for them. I would say that if we weren't in financial difficulties we would be asking for more than double. (Morgan Gibbs White to Forest for reference).

KDH at something between 20-30m is peanuts.

30 mil is about right. Has periods where he is nowhere near good enough and doesn't have the technical ability to be consistently great.  Was great against Norwich because we managed to stifle them, but has really struggled against the times who decided to play against us.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

30 mil is about right. Has periods where he is nowhere near good enough and doesn't have the technical ability to be consistently great.  Was great against Norwich because we managed to stifle them, but has really struggled against the times who decided to play against us.

Again, I completely disagree. He's shown up all season and will undoubtedly win Championship POTY if we win the league.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Fit(ish) bird with only one working leg and a slightly 'mardy' demeanor.  I great 3 pinter, but you can't help but think somethings not quite right.....

Honestly think this is such a weird criticism of him haha (not saying you are using it as a criticism but many on here do).

I think he will go elsewhere and be class.