Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Who's the new manager then?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds ideal @kingfox  Just as long as we stop all this reminiscing about past times and progress.

We need OUR identity back. Leicester City, the plucky underdogs. We have never been and will never be Manchester City, we can really get that calibre of player especially now we are skint. We need to be able to adapt and make the best of the facilities and players we do have, we need a strong manager no afraid to make changes, not afraid to admit a change of style, tactics or formation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We need OUR identity back. Leicester City, the plucky underdogs. We have never been and will never be Manchester City, we can really get that calibre of player especially now we are skint. We need to be able to adapt and make the best of the facilities and players we do have, we need a strong manager no afraid to make changes, not afraid to admit a change of style, tactics or formation. 

No issues with that but it need not mean reverting to times past.

2 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

Not seen a new thread for this somehow.

There was one after the last defeat

If your best ideas are Lennon, O'Neill and Curbishley (a man who hasn't held a managerial position for nearly 2 decades) it's probably best to let Enzo crack on picking Daka and Faes.

11 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Someone remind me, was Puel in hindsight that bad? I’ve forgotten

No

He could actually pull off big results (Man City home, Chelsea away)

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

You're never going to be plucky underdogs in this league. Look at the wrecks of football clubs in the bottom half. Has-beens and Neverbe's. And if you want to be plucky underdogs in the Prem wait til we've been mid-table for 3 years and people want the manager sacked after losing two games. Nice idea but the 2016 mob will never buy it.

9 minutes ago, iancognito said:

There was one after the last defeat

If your best ideas are Lennon, O'Neill and Curbishley (a man who hasn't held a managerial position for nearly 2 decades) it's probably best to let Enzo crack on picking Daka and Faes.

I thought the reference to the bookies made it obvious why I named those 3

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

You're never going to be plucky underdogs in this league. Look at the wrecks of football clubs in the bottom half. Has-beens and Neverbe's. And if you want to be plucky underdogs in the Prem wait til we've been mid-table for 3 years and people want the manager sacked after losing two games. Nice idea but the 2016 mob will never buy it.

Reality is next year we are going to get absolutely shafted by the EFL they are going to be gunning for us. I'd expect whatever tge maximum points deduction they can get away with is. We not far off bring one of those recks like Pompey, Cov or Derby. The good news as is football is cyclical one day we will be back around this level but we will NEVER ever see times like 2016-21 again, the clubs management wasted that. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Yea, did a ****ing dreadful job getting Forest up didn’t he?

This is typical of Leicester fans, Parker and Cooper, who are proven is a “no they’re frauds” yet an unknown with no experience “****ing yes”! 

You were the guy before Birmingham that said he'd lost the dressing room and then you want Parker - a guy who ACTUALLY lost the dressing room and plays a similar brand of football.

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Just wish we would look to progress as Leicester and not seek to just emulate those who operate in a different financial arena.

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Urs Fischer 

Diego Martinez 

Bruno Genesio 

Rudi Garcia 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy 

All readily available. Personal choice would be Fischer. More realistic would be Martinez. 

None of these are realistic are they though with this regime

17 minutes ago, iancognito said:

You were the guy before Birmingham that said he'd lost the dressing room and then you want Parker - a guy who ACTUALLY lost the dressing room and plays a similar brand of football.

I didn’t say I wanted Parker. I said we all turned our noses up at him, and he’s had success at this level, whereas Enzo hasn’t.

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds ideal @kingfox  Just as long as we stop all this reminiscing about past times and progress.

The Pearson ship has well and truly sailed, but we’ve gone from Brendan Rodgers to another Brendan Rodgers type. 

Another Pearson type is what this club actually needs. 

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

You're never going to be plucky underdogs in this league. Look at the wrecks of football clubs in the bottom half. Has-beens and Neverbe's.

I guess you’re referring to the Championship with this statement?

If so look at the type of teams to have success in this division recently. 

Luton, Forest, Huddersfield, Coventry have all made the play-offs in recent years with squads consisting of plenty of frees & loans, two of which of course got promoted.