Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Who's the new manager then?

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Here’s a thread discussing it.

The problem is Rudkin and Top have no idea who these European coaches are.

The only reason they heard about Enzo was that Southampton were first interested in him last summer and he turned them down and then Celtic wanted him as well but he didn't want to go there. 

So Rudkin jumped at the chance thinking he's the next big thing 

• Haha 1

Young coaches are a lottery. You could get Alonso or you could get Enzo. I'm always in favour of getting young coaches. David Moyes has managed over 1000 games and Xabi Alonso has been managing for 5 minutes, yet Alonso already has a bigger coaching legacy.

• Like 2

So do people honestly expect/believe a new manager to be installed with just 4 games to go? Or is this hypothetical? Or for next season? 

Considering it’s his first season in charge it seems a bit harsh, no? Arteta was shit first season, Pep wasn’t great. 

I admit it’s frustrating that he’s stubborn with his team selection etc but… 

• Like 1

Trouble is the constant broken promises around transfers and the dreadful accounting, is going to put off any decent calibre manager. 

Even Enzo said it was a surprise that they had to sell in jan to buy, something he wasn't told when he took the job, similar with BR but id have closed the purse strings on that buffoon too.

The financial side would have to be totally sorted and a guaranteed war chest available before any rated manager would entertain us.

I think even your Robin's types would turn us down with the mess the club has got in

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

Me pissed last night could do a better job than Enzo.

I don’t care who it is. But if he plays this fvcking boring Rodgers/Enzo keep ball tippy tappy shite I'm done.

Yes it works at man c with world class players. But even Pep changes it up when it's not working. He also allows players to use their brains and break quick when an opening arises.

Ronald McDonald will do for me as a caretaker to start with.

With Big MacAllistair as his assistant?

• Like 1

Start from the top first. 

DoF needs to be changed. Let them ring the changes of management once in a good position to do so. 

Always will be Pearson for me. If Top had a bit about him or that witch Whelan, they'd be kicking down the door of niges house and offering him the world to come back as DoF. 

I reckon he'd take it as well. 

19 hours ago, Lcfcman2010 said:

Start from the top first. 

DoF needs to be changed. Let them ring the changes of management once in a good position to do so. 

Always will be Pearson for me. If Top had a bit about him or that witch Whelan, they'd be kicking down the door of niges house and offering him the world to come back as DoF. 

I reckon he'd take it as well. 

I would agree - Pearson the ideal sort of person for DOF - but doubt his health would let him take the job.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I would agree - Pearson the ideal sort of person for DOF - but doubt his health would let him take the job.

His health issues are behind him he recently said and is ready for the next chapter abd challenge whatever that looks like. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kingfox said:

What Leicester City needs is a manager who will create a team that run through brick walls for each other. 

We haven’t had that since the Pearson and Ranieri title winning days. 

Doing work on French Football this season, what Eric Roy has done with Brest is nothing short of incredible. A team built on a limited budget, the football isn’t pretty at times but they play with energy, fight and commitment, the players know their roles and always give 100%. 

Leicester City desperately need a manager and team with that type of identity. 

For me, Enzo is not too bad in that regard. To keep happy so many players who are better than the Championship to stick around and fight here with us in the Championship, that is not a bad effort. I have nothing against Enzo on that and I don’t think the fans should overshoot their criticism of the manager for this.

It is more just his tactics and team selection that are proving to be a big annoyance and showing the limitations of Enzo as a manager.

This is why if we get promoted, I would be happy to give him another 6 months. But what I fear the most meanwhile is that his stubbornness and his risk averse attitude to team selection are going to cost us. I don’t understand why for example he can’t get Coady on the pitch instead of Faes. Even if he really likes Faes for some reason, surely he can rotate the squad a bit. It is not like Faes has been rock solid - he has been making mistakes after mistakes.

7 hours ago, Mr.Bingles said:

So do people honestly expect/believe a new manager to be installed with just 4 games to go? Or is this hypothetical? Or for next season? 

Considering it’s his first season in charge it seems a bit harsh, no? Arteta was shit first season, Pep wasn’t great. 

I admit it’s frustrating that he’s stubborn with his team selection etc but… 

But ... he got sacked from his last managerial job too at Serie B side Palma. He also disappointed there. Clearly there's more to being a manager than being an assistant and then trying to copy a successful one in your first two jobs.

Edited by volpeazzurro

There is no chance that we are sacking Enzo. We have the best points per game in the division and the title is in our hands with games to play (3 of them at home). This is without even considering the cost of sacking and replacing him and his backroom staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

There is no chance that we are sacking Enzo. We have the best points per game in the division and the title is in our hands with games to play (3 of them at home). This is without even considering the cost of sacking and replacing him and his backroom staff.

True, and as I've said before, I think it will be academic .... as I can't see Enzo wanting to stay with the Financial constraints and points penalty we're going to get next season.

If we get automatic promotion, his stock will be sky high and he'll probably leave.

If we sink to 4th, his stock will probably still be high and someone will want him.   Don't forget, fraud Rodgers blew away massive leads to finish 5th.  Not once, but twice. (just to prove it was no fluke).     And still the media and assorted morons still thought he was a "world class coach".  

13 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The problem is Rudkin and Top have no idea who these European coaches are.

The only reason they heard about Enzo was that Southampton were first interested in him last summer and he turned them down and then Celtic wanted him as well but he didn't want to go there. 

So Rudkin jumped at the chance thinking he's the next big thing 

Rudkin and Top knew him cos his agent is Vardy and numerous others agent 

Edited by CosbehFox

53 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

I agree.  Its still mathematically possible so what do we gain 

But if he does continue to mess it up (highly likely) and we also fail to gain promotion via the playoffs, then that's a different matter entirely.

Enzo's 'job' is to win matches and much like any of us in our lines of work, if our performance drops and we stop hitting our KPI's and also show nothing to indicate we can get back on target, we risk being sacked.. Its the same for him. The flushing of the points down the loo, the fact we are loosing more regularly now in the run in (polar opposite to the beginning of the season) should be concern's for his employer...

The behind the scenes antics with the board will play a big part in his future I guess as it will dictate what we have "play with" next season. 

I just have a gut feeling he will walk. As what he needs for his idea to work, we as a club would struggle to supply next season.

Whatever happens with promotion, he has a ready made excuse from the well known book "Excuses to preserve my brand". By Brendan "the fraud" Rodgers. 

Promotion = look how good I am even with all the upheaval behind the scenes, I'm ready for a new challenge..Giz a job someone.

Championship= well not being backed in January even our only single target's deal fell through, I'm not a miracle worker. Blah blah blah. 

Either way, if he goes takes EnzoBall with him, and stops sending me to sleep in matches its a Yes from me.

The best approach I believe is to utilize one of our best assets - Seagrave. 

Get an experienced coach who is strong at developing young players, coupled with a director of football. 

Should reduce our ridiculous wage bill and continue the approach which appeared to work for us of unearthing gems and selling off an asset a year. 

• Like 1

Honestly I'm not fan of this but I would change the manager even if we got promoted. If Gary Rowett keeps Birmingham up, I'd go with Rowett for next season. Seems to know how to organise a team and I reckon he'd do alright in the premier league. 

• Sad 1

If we got promoted, I'd like to see us go for some ambitious targets, unlikely to work but I'd love to see Paolo Fonseca in the premier league, AFAIK his Lille contract runs out in summer and he plays an attacking style which is quite exciting to watch. But it really would depend on whether we get a points deduction and whether he would have confidence in finding some cheap gems from France to come. The likelihood is he would end up at a mid table squad that wants to push for Europa League.