Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Who's the new manager then?

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

At least he gets results at this level. The football we serve up currently is disgusting ?

Cooper would be coming off the back of a horrific last season at Forest. Maybe people didn't actually watch that final stint of Forest but they broke the man in the process and there were lots of rumours of incompetence beyond what we are currently seeing (i.e telling the squad they are playing by whatsapp).

If you are Cooper, you pick your next gig very carefully.  Do you go to the club currently arguing with both the PL and EPL and points sanctions almost guaranteed?

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

His football at Swansea and England age groups was actually very progressive but he’s also pragmatic. 

He's never achieved anything of note, Forest was a on paper success whilst also being a calamity with the resources he had. 

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Robins is a good manager but not sure he'd come here,  arguably Cov are a better run club now. 

And we would have to pay compensation to both Enzo and Cov. We cannot afford to do this anymore.

We would have to have an out of work manager

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

He could shit on my face and it would be less disgusting than this drivel we are being subjected to on a weekly basis at the moment

Say that after a few weeks of watching Souttar HOOF it forward to Daka.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

And we would have to pay compensation to both Enzo and Cov. We cannot afford to do this anymore.

We would have to have an out of work manager

Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

The club can't afford to sack him and his assistants.

We heard this last season and it resulted in relegation; failure to win promotion is not an option and sacking Enzo is the best option right now to achieve it

15 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Robins is a good manager but not sure he'd come here,  arguably Cov are a better run club now. 

I got laughed at last summer for saying Kieran McKenna wouldn't come here, when his name was banded about, because of the state of our club.

12 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

:claude:

I assume you’re joking but to be honest given our predicament I’d take him. If Top is obsessed with possession football, then Puel is atleast someone who knows how to find a good player for relatively cheap which is something we are desperate for. 
I’d atleast have confidence in him not to financially destroy us trying to get promoted if we fail this season. He would also give Nelson, Braybrooke, Alves etc a good run. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The club can't afford to sack him and his assistants.

Is this because we don’t actually have any money in the bank or because we have already exceeded our fair play limitations? 

If it’s because we have money in the bank but we’ve exceeded our limits then just pull the trigger, we are already going to get a deduction if we stay down. 

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I assume you’re joking but to be honest given our predicament I’d take him. If Top is obsessed with possession football, then Puel is atleast someone who knows how to find a good player for relatively cheap which is something we are desperate for. 
I’d atleast have confidence in him not to financially destroy us trying to get promoted if we fail this season. He would also give Nelson, Braybrooke, Alves etc a good run. 

I am joking but your right, he knows how to pick a player and he isnt as rigid as Enzo.

• Like 1

Whoever comes in it needs a huge clear out, get everyone get except the youngsters, get as much money in as possible cut our losses, set up fitness, sports science, psychology departments, data analysis. 

Pocession football is all very well but if you don't do anything with it what's the point? Move the ball quicker in the final 3rd, make use of set plays (we are so wasteful).

This needs to Start with the sacking of Jon Rudkin as a minimum. 

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He's never achieved anything of note, Forest was a on paper success whilst also being a calamity with the resources he had. 

Taking over Forest when they were bottom and getting them promoted is an achievement of note, I would argue, as I would argue that their insane transfer policy over the last couple of years probably didn't do a great deal to make his job easier

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably end up being Frank Lampard or Scott Parker

Parker wouldn’t have been a bad choice. He’s had success at this level.

But Cooper would be my choice, I know full well it’s impossible and won’t happen. But if he was sacked today and Cooper put in tomorrow, we would go up. 

Don't really see the point to this thread.

1. They are not gonna sack him with 4 games to go.

2. Who would come here for 4 games with the promise of what after?

Ok you did a good job...now you have to sell anyone half  decent oh and we also start with minus points next season.Its hardly an attractive proposition for anyone other than someone desperate for any job. 

3. They can't afford to sack him and his team , it would run into millions .

4. We couldn't pay anyone compensation to take a manager so it would have to be someone out of work. 

It's just not happening.  

• Like 2