Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Who's the new manager then?

24 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

And we would have to pay compensation to both Enzo and Cov. We cannot afford to do this anymore.

We would have to have an out of work manager

I think you're dead right. 

26 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Cooper would be coming off the back of a horrific last season at Forest. Maybe people didn't actually watch that final stint of Forest but they broke the man in the process and there were lots of rumours of incompetence beyond what we are currently seeing (i.e telling the squad they are playing by whatsapp).

If you are Cooper, you pick your next gig very carefully.  Do you go to the club currently arguing with both the PL and EPL and points sanctions almost guaranteed?

The forest owner is a complete buffoon foisted 20 odd players on him. Any Forest supporter I know were very upset and knew it became unmanageable by the end, thanks to their owner. 

For that reason like you’ve said you’d be very careful. Our more of the same board, I can’t imagine they’ve planned for anything other than instant promotion, so the disarray would I’d imagine put most people off. 

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We wouldn't Cooper is a Fraud. 

Yea, did a ****ing dreadful job getting Forest up didn’t he?

This is typical of Leicester fans, Parker and Cooper, who are proven is a “no they’re frauds” yet an unknown with no experience “****ing yes”! 

Edited by Pliskin

38 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He's never achieved anything of note, Forest was a on paper success whilst also being a calamity with the resources he had. 

He took Forest from a relegation side to promotion. Also, then losing loads of players and bringing in loads more was probably a harder job than people think. He had resources, yes, but trying to get 20-30 new players to gel, figure out what your best team is, and keeping them happy while also working for a maniac was never going to be easy.

I wouldn't mind Cooper here at all should we require a new manager. His work there, at Swansea and within the England youth set-up is encouraging in my opinion and he should get a decent PL job really, e.g. if Gary O'Neil were to jump ship at Wolves.

No manager on an upward trajectory from the same division is coming here unless we really trade on the name.

For as long as our attitude towards transfers is insular and naive at best - frivolous at worst, we aren't an attractive option. A Robins or Carrick type would be mad to touch us.

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Whoever it is will be another possession based bore to continue the KPFC brand of football.

This is the sad truth of it, changes needed at the very top as well.

6 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Very good shout.

Duff would be a good shout particularly with what likely is to be some form of rebuild and a younger squad. The stint at Swansea tarnished his reputation slightly but the board did him dirty and he had an up hill battle with the mentality of a number of players there. Id definitely take him.

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We heard this last season and it resulted in relegation; failure to win promotion is not an option and sacking Enzo is the best option right now to achieve it

There is no quick fix, sacking the manager, shuffling a few players around, it just won't fix the systemic damage being done from the top downwards. It takes years to reach a depressed state and years to recover.

40 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Don't really see the point to this thread.

1. They are not gonna sack him with 4 games to go.

2. Who would come here for 4 games with the promise of what after?

Ok you did a good job...now you have to sell anyone half  decent oh and we also start with minus points next season.Its hardly an attractive proposition for anyone other than someone desperate for any job. 

3. They can't afford to sack him and his team , it would run into millions .

4. We couldn't pay anyone compensation to take a manager so it would have to be someone out of work. 

It's just not happening.  

Why does it have to be one or the other? Just put him on gardening leave for a month, or just bring in a sports psychologist pay Steve Peters whatever he wants within reason.

• Like 1

Steve Cooper please. They did play decent stuff in Championship. And the 100 players they bought was done by an executive, which they sacked before they sacked Cooper. 

Imagine someone telling you to mix the 100 players and win games. 

I'm not surprised they played hoof ball.