Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Who's the new manager then?

Me pissed last night could do a better job than Enzo.

I don’t care who it is. But if he plays this fvcking boring Rodgers/Enzo keep ball tippy tappy shite I'm done.

Yes it works at man c with world class players. But even Pep changes it up when it's not working. He also allows players to use their brains and break quick when an opening arises.

Ronald McDonald will do for me as a caretaker to start with.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The Pearson ship has well and truly sailed, but we’ve gone from Brendan Rodgers to another Brendan Rodgers type. 

Another Pearson type is what this club actually needs. 

I guess you’re referring to the Championship with this statement?

If so look at the type of teams to have success in this division recently. 

Luton, Forest, Huddersfield, Coventry have all made the play-offs in recent years with squads consisting of plenty of frees & loans, two of which of course got promoted. 

Forest had been in this league for 23 years and had an average gate in the high teens. Luton and Cov were scrambling round lower divisions barely in existence. That's underdogs. We've got the 6th highest wage bill in Britain, played in Europe, won the league and cup in the last decade and have a billionaire owner. We'd never be an underdog to any of these clubs in the next decade.

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Forest had been in this league for 23 years and had an average gate in the high teens. Luton and Cov were scrambling round lower divisions barely in existence. That's underdogs. We've got the 6th highest wage bill in Britain, played in Europe, won the league and cup in the last decade and have a billionaire owner. We'd never be an underdog to any of these clubs in the next decade.

Depends what you class as “underdogs”, by name and history of course we’re not underdogs. 

But if we unfortunately stay in the division, with a squad that will get depleted, a transfer embargo, possible points deduction and a wage bill that will more than likely need to be cut. 

Very much like Forest, Luton, Huddersfield & Coventry, our squad on paper would be left to look like underdogs. 

2 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

Don't disagree they're not gonna sack him with 4 games left, but right now the mood of the fans shows they want him out, in which case we'd need a replacement 

Mmmm. I think you are correct as per the posters here. 

But at the ground not so much, theres still a large amount of the 'it's a good day out at the football' contingent who see it differently to us lot.

It will be interesting next home match against the Baggies to gauge the mood of the crowd if we have a carbon copy performance,  team selections, setup etc of the last few games.

If we are 1 nil down early on, or just lackluster and tippy tappy  with little tempo and forward intent from the get go, the crowd may turn early.  But if  they do it needs to be evidently clear who it's towards...Enzo... not the lads being stifulled by EnzoBall.

3 hours ago, trooky said:

So are Leeds demanding they sack their manager.

No.

But Leeds haven't stalled due to EnzoBall being sussed out a number of weeks back, which,  if a change / tweak in the system and tactics had been implemented to try and change the losses into draws and draws into wins and therefore adding to our points tally,and all but having us promoted by now.

This has angered many.

You also have to add in the personal and emotional side to people calling for his sacking.

Because of his stubbornness to not even consider his system is fallible and requires adjustments and the arrogant quote  (to some) if it's even  questioned,  "I'm off",   plus chuck in the 'mini spat' with a section of the fans at the Norwich game when fan frustration was voiced, and the fact that he said he wasn't concerned with the team missing their chances. Plus others niggles you can understand why people have a get rid standpoint.

I personally don't think we will sack him (imminently )as it's still possible to get promoted as I type.  However if we miss out on promotion via the playoffs then that's a different matter  especially due to the spaffing of the 14 point lead. 

In addition pulling the trigger now when it's mathematically there still all to play for is not a good advert to any potential replacements,. Remember how the media crusified us for sacking Claudio (warranted IMO) the season after winning the premiership.

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If anyone suggests Steve ****ing Cooper, the man who had 800 new players at Forest and still played a hideous mix of rugby crossed with hoofball, and scraped staying up, just no. 

He wasn’t really the guy in charge there. They played some really nice, fast counter attacking stuff in the Championship 

• Like 3

Here’s a thread discussing it.

On 30/03/2024 at 07:41, Matt said:

Back in the summer I wanted us to go all out for Adi Hutter, he was out of work back then, he's now unobtainable, he's not leaving Monaco for our basket case club.

Another one I wanted in the summer was Diego Martinez, who is available. 

They both seem different, break the mold of the generic modern manager. They want front footed football, exciting, attacking, but the powers that be seem to want this dour, slow build up play by instruction

Fwiw, I don't think Enzo will be sacked, neither should he be, yet, but as the weeks go on since his outburst, threatening to leave, all he's done is create more questions than answers, done even less to appease the fans and stop the decline in form. The smiling and smirking in the interview yesterday did me also.

It's only a matter of time before this unfolds into the inevitable, whether the result is promotion or not and the club should always have a shortlist of 'next managers', unfortunately I think they'll continue down the route that we've seen with the insipid style of our last 3 (Not quite so much with Enzo but it's in the same realm, the principles are ultimately the same), that seems to be their remit, that's the direction of travel this football club finds itself in.

• Like 1