Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

21 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well if he's that passionate he won't leave. No issue.

yep exactly because thats the only factor at the moment… not the potential £30 - 40 Million that the club may have to force through :scarf:

13 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Well if he's that passionate he won't leave. No issue.

I think the issue is that KDH may not want to leave but the club might need him to leave to generate funds to avoid another PSR breach for 2023/24. But you're right - nobody can force him to sign for another club if he doesn't fancy it, which means we'll have to find another way of raising the funds...

• Like 2

Just now, jayfox26 said:

May not be his decision.

This has been discussed a fair bit, but it bears repeating: you can’t sell a player to another club if he doesn’t want to sign for them. It’s not a slave market. So yes, it absolutely will have to be his choice too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

This has been discussed a fair bit, but it bears repeating: you can’t sell a player to another club if he doesn’t want to sign for them. It’s not a slave market. So yes, it absolutely will have to be his choice too. 

Of course. But if he is told that the club need to sell him for financial reasons then he will probably leave. I want him to stay and I think there is a decent chance hopefully that he will, but I think it's a little naive for people to think he will definitely be here because he loves Leicester. 

44 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Liverpool need exactly someone with his qualities.

Jordan Henderson-type player.

Not sure KDH would appreciate being called a Hendo-type player. I’d say he’s got a bit more quality and creativity to his game than that! 

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Not sure KDH would appreciate being called a Hendo-type player. I’d say he’s got a bit more quality and creativity to his game than that! 

I would say he is nowhere near the level of Jordan Henderson. Did well in the championship, which is miles below the level Henderson has excelled at.

The quality is often missing from KDH, hopefully improves in the prem

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I would say he is nowhere near the level of Jordan Henderson. Did well in the championship, which is miles below the level Henderson has excelled at.

The quality is often missing from KDH, hopefully improves in the prem

I once again return to remind someone in this forum that KDH is in fact a VERY capable player in the premier league and in his debut season in 21/22 won Players player of the season...for guess what, being very good :).

• Like 4

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Kdh isn't on the same level as peak Henderson 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

players all the time talk about being forced out of the club and signing against their will. It happens. 

17 minutes ago, liam dorn said:

He won't go spurs because they will be too stingy to pay the lenient price for a player of his quality who doesn't play for England 

Let’s  remember, he excelled in the CHAMPIONSHIP. He’s been ok in the prem, but needs to dig a little deeper before we mention him and England in the same sentence..

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Liverpool need exactly someone with his qualities.

Jordan Henderson-type player.

I think he’s destined to wear red pretty soon.

His midfield energy would really add something to the engine rooms of either Liverpool or Manchester United - he’s their type of player.

Add in he’s English, easily marketable - won’t be going to the Euro’s (so would available for tours / start of season) - and seemingly uncomplicated, I’d be amazed if they didn’t go in for him.

If it’s not this season it will be next barring injury.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Let’s  remember, he excelled in the CHAMPIONSHIP. He’s been ok in the prem, but needs to dig a little deeper before we mention him and England in the same sentence..

You can certainly mention KDH and England in the same sentence if the context is of the post you replied to.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, liam dorn said:

He won't go spurs because they will be too stingy to pay the lenient price for a player of his quality who doesn't play for England 

I think they'd pay what we wanted for him £25-30m.

4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Realistically I can't see KDH going to a top 7 club unless they have a need for their homegrown quota. I think we are talking more about clubs along the lines of West Ham, Brighton, Palace etc.

This is where it may get complicated. I can see KDH wanting to go to one of the current top eight, but I imagine he'd regard any team below that as a sideways move at best. Would he accept being pressured into a sideways move that he doesn't think is in his best interests? None of us know for certain, but personally I'm not convinced he would. If the only offers we receive for him are from the likes of Palace, West Ham, Fulham or Brentford etc, I suspect he'll still be with us next season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I once again return to remind someone in this forum that KDH is in fact a VERY capable player in the premier league and in his debut season in 21/22 won Players player of the season...for guess what, being very good :).

Right and Henderson was an ever-present and captain of a Premier League winning side, a Champions League winning side, a side that hit 99 points in a Premier League season. So @Claridge makes perfectly valid claims in his comparison and assessment. There's been nothing from KDH so far that shows he's on the level Henderson reached.

That's not to Dewsburys detriment btw, more so a seeming under appreciation of Henderson.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

He's definitely got more creativity, but KDH is nowhere near where Henderson was for Liverpool. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Realistically I can't see KDH going to a top 7 club unless they have a need for their homegrown quota. I think we are talking more about clubs along the lines of West Ham, Brighton, Palace etc.

Totally agree 

he is a big fish in a small pond at Leicester 

his level would be palace or Brighton 

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Right and Henderson was an ever-present and captain of a Premier League winning side, a Champions League winning side, a side that hit 99 points in a Premier League season. So @Claridge makes perfectly valid claims in his comparison and assessment. There's been nothing from KDH so far that shows he's on the level Henderson reached.

That's not to Dewsburys detriment btw, more so a seeming under appreciation of Henderson.

Yeah but I'm not talking about the comparison to Henderson which I don't really see anyway as they have differing attributes completely. I'm talking about his suggestion that KDH hasn't shown it in the PL....which he has...

16 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

If KDH has only half the career Henderson has had then I'm sure he will be happy.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 12:02, Chelmofox said:

He's going no matter what. 

You ITK? The player doesn’t want to leave and it’s not like the era when Pipes was forced out, nor are we facing administration. If a big 6/7 club comes in for him then maybe he’ll go m, but Brighton? Fulham? Brentford? Can’t see it. He’ll have his wages cut if he joins one of these clubs for a start.