Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, MPH said:

“ The Nottingham Building Society training ground”

:revenge:

For £90m they can call it the Brian Clough Felching Society for Diehard Forest/Rams fans.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

This is correct. It's not that King Power doesn't have enough money to support the overspending / investment into the football club. It's just that PSR limits investment to spending that can be supported by revenue. By sponsoring random bs like training facilities, King Power increases the revenue of the football club and thereby increases the amount the club is allowed to spend.

Anyone who thinks we should not be doing this is naive. King Power should be looking into every legal avenue to increase the football club's revenue. Every extra pound earned or saved is going to be crucial. We need to trim all of the fat, and get rid of any player whose contracted wages outpace their on-field value. We need to put together a squad capable of getting 40-45 points next year depending on the points deduction.

This is the make or break season. Leicester either does enough to survive the gauntlet of promotion/points deductions and re-establish itself as an ambitious premier league club, or it sinks back into the championship which could have disastrous financial effects.

Need to make sure it’s a legitimately reasonable amount for someone to sponsor the training ground for though. Can’t do what CFG have done and make up sponsorships using company brands and assets. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see what happens around naming rights and sponsor deals over the next few weeks, I do wonder if the club will announce training ground naming deal, new club sponsorship deals and possibly even the stadium naming rights, that conveniently offset any PSR issues for this season, enabling us to not sell KDH. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It will be interesting to see what happens around naming rights and sponsor deals over the next few weeks, I do wonder if the club will announce training ground naming deal, new club sponsorship deals and possibly even the stadium naming rights, that conveniently offset any PSR issues for this season, enabling us to not sell KDH. 

We can’t announce retrospective deals for 23/24

if we do deals for next season then the value has to go into next season in the accounts 

Very odd that the training ground wasn’t sponsored at all this season - even if king power did it for one season for a few million it helps the numbers. I wonder if if there’s a limit on how many different sponsorship deals the owner’s business can apply to their club. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We can’t announce retrospective deals for 23/24

if we do deals for next season then the value has to go into next season in the accounts 

Very odd that the training ground wasn’t sponsored at all this season - even if king power did it for one season for a few million it helps the numbers. I wonder if if there’s a limit on how many different sponsorship deals the owner’s business can apply to their club. 

Is that right? Even if it's a multi-year sponsorship and the money arrives in our bank account before 30 June? 

12 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is that right? Even if it's a multi-year sponsorship and the money arrives in our bank account before 30 June? 

For psr accounting purposes the money has to be allocated to the season it applies to 

of course if we did a deal now for next year and the money was paid into our account pre June 30 then it would reduce our profit/loss for this year but I’m almost certain that it wouldn’t be applicable to psr 23/24. And we obvs couldn’t do a deal now for naming rights relating to 23/24. 

If we sold an asset now then that’s different (like Chelsea’s hotel )

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

For psr accounting purposes the money has to be allocated to the season it applies to 

of course if we did a deal now for next year and the money was paid into our account pre June 30 then it would reduce our profit/loss for this year but I’m almost certain that it wouldn’t be applicable to psr 23/24. And we obvs couldn’t do a deal now for naming rights relating to 23/24. 

If we sold an asset now then that’s different (like Chelsea’s hotel )

Ok. That's useful to know. If true, then it's only player sales that would enable us to avoid another breach this year. And if KDH is really as intent on staying as he claims to be, we need a rapid fire sale of 5-6 others...

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Ok. That's useful to know. If true, then it's only player sales that would enable us to avoid another breach this year. And if KDH is really as intent on staying as he claims to be, we need a rapid fire sale of 5-6 others...

And I’m wrong about asst sales like hotels in the efl cos they’re not allowed 

suspect either kdh is posturing for a better deal on the way out, the club have managed to fiddle a way through the mess with something clever (infinitesimal chance of that) or the club doesn’t care about this seasons breach and will take whatever fine is allocated (would be interesting to see if the efl gave a fine or deferred points deduction)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Best case is a fine like when we were promoted before (2013-14)as KP can cover that, but you get the sense the EFL really wants to throw the book at us and may impose a deferred points penalty hoping we get relegated next season.

Not disputing the point on rights naming not being allowed to be booked if before 30-June, but it would seem strange that a player sale could count and not another asset sale.  You would hope the higher ups have a plan …..

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Best case is a fine like when we were promoted before (2013-14)as KP can cover that, but you get the sense the EFL really wants to throw the book at us and may impose a deferred points penalty hoping we get relegated next season.

Not disputing the point on rights naming not being allowed to be booked if before 30-June, but it would seem strange that a player sale could count and not another asset sale.  You would hope the higher ups have a plan …..

Naming rights for next season can’t be booked on this season’s psr accounts, irrespective of when the money arrives in our bank account. 

my point was we can’t now come up with a retrospective deal for this season and book it in this seasons numbers. A player sale counts as per the date that the deal is done. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I dont think theres anything controversial about that. Think most people would agree for that price

Which tells us it’s way too high. lol

He probably won't want to leave, unless a stupid offer comes in, and if that silly offer comes in then we're practically obliged to take it.

Way I see it though, we won't get any silly offers as clubs will see us as bring desperate to sell. It's a buyer's market.

Bit of a catch 22 this one.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

His injury doesn't look short term, might be a factor in him staying or going

They put that boot on for anything nowdays. Spurs put Madders in one after one of the first games of the season as he was playing again in 2 weeks. Barnes was in one pre-season 2022. 

Probably stuck him in it to stop him arsing about too much in the celebrations. 

Edited by Chelmofox

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

They put that boot on for anything nowdays. Spurs put Madders in one after one of the first games of the season as he was playing again in 2 weeks. Barnes was in one pre-season 2022. 

Probably stuck him in it to stop him arsing about too much in the celebrations. 

If it was serious, club probably wouldn't want to rush it out there i.e. did his ankle ligaments celebrating at Preston!

• Haha 1

On 06/05/2024 at 18:28, CheeseHead said:

If it was serious, club probably wouldn't want to rush it out there i.e. did his ankle ligaments celebrating at Preston!

Doesn't seem to be wearing it on the team holiday....

• Like 2

My issue with losing KDH is not just his ability but its that passion for the club and connection with the fans which you cant replace which also gives you that small percentage of performance increase aswell (fine margins and all that). I dont want us to suddenly be in a position where we get mercenary type players that are not playing for the badge and very soon become a club like forest