Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Could his comments mean we’ve found a way out of this…….??

There might have been some offsets we don’t know about nor do we yet know how forests appeal hearing went 

Rumour was flying about around a potential training ground sponsorship £ from King Power. Might go towards the closing the gap. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't see it personally. Even if they needed another midfielder, I don't think he fits their profile of 'usually buy young and cheap or with a good chance of later profit'.

I think KDH is quite exposed now in terms of what he can and cannot do and possibly even his market value for his age now. He's never going to be a top player sought-after by real top clubs like some of Brighton's other purchases. 

I think previously that they may have been interested on the cheap. I doubt we'd get much over 20m for him, 25m at a push with add ons. We'll see. In an ideal world we'd keep him though but just can't see it happening. 

I totally get what you’re saying but the average age of the Brighton team is 25.4 so he’d be a good age for them. Might still make a profit if he players a blinder for a couple of years…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ACF said:

Rumour was flying about around a potential training ground sponsorship £ from King Power. Might go towards the closing the gap. 

Wonder if they've seen what Chelsea are getting away with and will try similar. If they can get a £15/20m sponsorship of seagrave - even if we have to end up with the KP Seagrave Training Ground or the Thailand Belvoir drive training facility etc to save selling our best assets 

20 minutes ago, MPH said:

I totally get what you’re saying but the average age of the Brighton team is 25.4 so he’d be a good age for them. Might still make a profit if he players a blinder for a couple of years…

We'll just have to see. The trouble is we just haven't got a clue what our financial situation actually is. I think there's been a lot of media guesswork been going on. In an ideal world, if we could get by without selling all well and good, but the next best scenario I suppose is that we sold him, avoided a points deduction and we regrouped. 

Spurious I know but my son plays football with someone on the coaching staff at Leicester. Allegedly he wanted out last summer but it was denied but intends to go of his own choice this time. Whether promotion would have changed his mind or whether we have to sell him anyway is anyone's guess I suppose.

I know his close control can let him down at times but his all round attributes as a team player make up for that for me.

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes not worth a further pounts deduction mext year.

I wonder what his salary is going back to the PL. I suspect it's higher than the going rate Brighton, Brentford, Fulham etc pay. Not to mention the new PSR rules coming in at some point that surely ends up lowering salaries offered from mid table PL clubs.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder what his salary is going back to the PL. I suspect it's higher than the going rate Brighton, Brentford, Fulham etc pay. Not to mention the new PSR rules coming in at some point that surely ends up lowering salaries offered from mid table PL clubs.

There's going to be a weird transition period between this ruling coming in and wages decreasing for mid-lower clubs.

Wonder if we see a return of some sneaky wage payments or a decline in talent at mid-lower clubs in the Prem 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Another point to all of this is I would potentially class these clubs as direct competition particularly Brentford and Fulham regards the battle for relegation, therefore we need to be careful we aren’t strengthening a rival, for that same reason I ain’t convinced KDH will see this as a progressive move. I think you are looking at big 6 and possibly Newcastle and West Ham as the only ones that could be seen as a genuine step up from where we are as a club. 

9 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Another point to all of this is I would potentially class these clubs as direct competition particularly Brentford and Fulham regards the battle for relegation, therefore we need to be careful we aren’t strengthening a rival, for that same reason I ain’t convinced KDH will see this as a progressive move. I think you are looking at big 6 and possibly Newcastle and West Ham as the only ones that could be seen as a genuine step up from where we are as a club. 

I think there's a risk of getting ahead of ourselves here.... Brighton won't be starting on minus points next year for example. The reality is last year set us back a long way as a club and really risks our short to medium term potential. We would have been better off cheating further to stay up tbh.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I really can't see him not being here next season after his comments last night. 

It’s what he didn’t say that’s more telling. “I don’t want to leave” isn’t “I’m not leaving” for example.

I believe he thinks he is off.

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's plenty of examples of players moving against their will - Matt Piper for one, theres tonnes of others. Club make him aware he's going to cost the club a points deduction, agent makes him aware of the financial incentives of going, etc... etc...

A player gets shoved a microphone in their face when they're emotional and hungover/ pissed. I wouldn't get too excited about him staying. Besides, we're ****ed if he doesn't go. I won't blame him for going, it's just another example of us being badly run sadly.

Pipes was a different time and we were entering Administration. Modern employment law means you can’t force someone to leave. I’d also be amazed if KDH went to Brentford or Brighton, it’s simply not a step up from us. Now if an offer came in from one of the big six or maybe even Villa in The Champions League then you could understand him perhaps leaving. But for Brentford or Brighton I’m sorry I just don’t see it. 

19 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think there's a risk of getting ahead of ourselves here.... Brighton won't be starting on minus points next year for example. The reality is last year set us back a long way as a club and really risks our short to medium term potential. We would have been better off cheating further to stay up tbh.

I think it can be fairly assumed that the reluctance to get rid of Rodgers was at least partly due to how his compensation would affect us regarding PSR. If we'd have just bitten the bullet and swallowed the cost of that in the summer of 2022 when he'd clearly had enough, we would have already been hit with a points deduction this season but with a decent managerial appointment may have accumulated enough points to survive it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s what he didn’t say that’s more telling. “I don’t want to leave” isn’t “I’m not leaving” for example.

I believe he thinks he is off.

He said "I have no intention of leaving", which is a bit stronger than "I don't want to leave".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He said "I have no intention of leaving", which is a bit stronger than "I don't want to leave".

It’s the same thing isn’t it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Pipes was a different time and we were entering Administration. Modern employment law means you can’t force someone to leave. I’d also be amazed if KDH went to Brentford or Brighton, it’s simply not a step up from us. Now if an offer came in from one of the big six or maybe even Villa in The Champions League then you could understand him perhaps leaving. But for Brentford or Brighton I’m sorry I just don’t see it. 

Just because Top can afford to pay him doesn't mean we can afford to keep him in these financial times.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just because Top can afford to pay him doesn't mean we can afford to keep him in these financial times.

Irrelevant if he wants to stay. We clearly needed to rid Danny Ward off our books, the club told him there was not going to be any game time but he didn’t want to leave because he knew he wouldn’t get anything like the wages he gets now so he stayed. And he’ll be here another year unless we pay part of his wages on a loan deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Difference between Ward and KDH is that there will be interest in KDH and there will likely be suitors out there who would better his Salary. 

Too much being read into his comments. If Spurs came knocking with a 1/3 increase in Salary he would getting his application together to rejoin Madders posse in double quick time. 

Completely. 

I think KDH is smart enough to know that it's all just lip service until something concrete comes along. And it's incredibly naive for fans to just eat it up.

You hear what you want to hear.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bryn said:

They can call the training ground whatever they want, who gives a shit.

“ The Nottingham Building Society training ground”

:revenge:

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Everyone else does this sort of thing, so why not us. 

This is correct. It's not that King Power doesn't have enough money to support the overspending / investment into the football club. It's just that PSR limits investment to spending that can be supported by revenue. By sponsoring random bs like training facilities, King Power increases the revenue of the football club and thereby increases the amount the club is allowed to spend.

Anyone who thinks we should not be doing this is naive. King Power should be looking into every legal avenue to increase the football club's revenue. Every extra pound earned or saved is going to be crucial. We need to trim all of the fat, and get rid of any player whose contracted wages outpace their on-field value. We need to put together a squad capable of getting 40-45 points next year depending on the points deduction.

This is the make or break season. Leicester either does enough to survive the gauntlet of promotion/points deductions and re-establish itself as an ambitious premier league club, or it sinks back into the championship which could have disastrous financial effects.