Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxmeister

Dewsbury-Hall

Posted (edited)

I am not surprised if KDH doesn't want to leave us (perhaps unless a Top 6 side were interested) but, if the Club was to accept an offer then he has a decision to make.  

Obviously we don't know how deep in the sh*t we are, but could it be if we don't sell we can't afford to the bring in Fatawu? 

The main thing for me is DO NOT sell him if whatever happens we will still breach the PSR rules.

Edited by JimmyC74

36 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes not worth a further pounts deduction mext year.

Depends. If if we stay up merit awards alone are a few mill per position.

just think if we will breach regardless I would rather keep him. Assuming we couldn’t repurpose the funds and upgrade a couple of positions 

7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Surely any of Faes, Souttar, Justin, Praet, Daka, Soumare, Kristiansen will have interest. It's not all on KDH moving on.

Completely agree, I have a feeling there will be a list of fringe, out of favour and 1st teamers we are prepared to move on over the next months to cover the shortfall, if these can be done then it means we retain the core that Enzo wants, if we can’t shift them by mid to late June then that maybe the time we see the club buckle and be forced to sell KDH 

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

Completely agree, I have a feeling there will be a list of fringe, out of favour and 1st teamers we are prepared to move on over the next months to cover the shortfall, if these can be done then it means we retain the core that Enzo wants, if we can’t shift them by mid to late June then that maybe the time we see the club buckle and be forced to sell KDH 

That went well last time we tried it!

Zero faith in the clubs ability to move anyone out - equally KDH is pure profit so its going to be him.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You can....

No you can’t. It’s not a slave market. If the only offer we get is from Brentford and KDH says he won’t sign a contract with them, there is literally nothing else the club can do except try to generate the funds another way. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No you can’t. It’s not a slave market. If the only offer we get is from Brentford and KDH says he won’t sign a contract with them, there is literally nothing else the club can do except try to generate the funds another way. 

There's plenty of examples of players moving against their will - Matt Piper for one, theres tonnes of others. Club make him aware he's going to cost the club a points deduction, agent makes him aware of the financial incentives of going, etc... etc...

A player gets shoved a microphone in their face when they're emotional and hungover/ pissed. I wouldn't get too excited about him staying. Besides, we're ****ed if he doesn't go. I won't blame him for going, it's just another example of us being badly run sadly.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It would be very very awkward for everyone involved if he didn't go.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There's plenty of examples of players moving against their will - Matt Piper for one, theres tonnes of others. Club make him aware he's going to cost the club a points deduction, agent makes him aware of the financial incentives of going, etc... etc...

A player gets shoved a microphone in their face when they're emotional and hungover/ pissed. I wouldn't get too excited about him staying. Besides, we're ****ed if he doesn't go. I won't blame him for going, it's just another example of us being badly run sadly.

I think using Piper as an example is very different though isn't it, and even then Piper turned down offers. But I think what people are getting at is you can't actually make anyone do anything if they don't want to do it. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Surely any of Faes, Souttar, Justin, Praet, Daka, Soumare, Kristiansen will have interest. It's not all on KDH moving on.

Sadly most of those (apart from praet who is out of contract and JJ who is all profit) would not bring in enough money to cover their amortised values so of no benefit to our psr position 

I reckon if we sold all of those we would be positive £15m to 20m max (and making those sales pre June 30 just isn’t happening without that 15-20 becoming 5 )

so short of the 30m that kdh brings alone 

Edited by st albans fox

Hes not worth a further pounts deduction mext year.

Is selling him likely to be enough to stop us getting another one though?

With how our losses have been I just can’t imagine £30m at most for KDH is suddenly going to make us good - so we still end up with a points deduction

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Is selling him likely to be enough to stop us getting another one though?

With how our losses have been I just can’t imagine £30m at most for KDH is suddenly going to make us good - so we still end up with a points deduction

I've no idea tbh, given our previous losses it's not beyond the realms of possibility though, particularly as its pure profit.

Personally I'd rather we take a more rational approach to transfers in future - he's probably at his market peak currently so we may as well make as much as possible. Knowing our lot well offer him a 140k a week 5 year deal.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

That went well last time we tried it!

Zero faith in the clubs ability to move anyone out - equally KDH is pure profit so its going to be him.

Fully appreciate that and I certainly ain’t saying it will happen but I would sincerely hope the club have been actively working on getting potential deals lined up and not just waiting until the end of the season to make a start. 

Players such as Iversen and Thomas could be moved on fairly sharpish if we are sensible with our fee strategies and hopefully bring in £7-10m in profit. 

You would hope we have been very active with agent(s) with links both home and abroad to generate interest. The next few weeks will be very interesting to see how we operate. 

if the supposed rumours of Rudkin moving on are true, I wonder if his contract terminates on 30th June and his task and potentially his severance package is heavily incentivised on our ability to be EFL PSR compliant. 

Just to add that his statement that he has no intention of leaving the club he’s been at since he was 8 could be 100% that or it could mean ‘if the club think they’re going to sell me against my will without weighing me in big time then they need to think again’.  I’m sure he wants to get as big a fee as he can to help us but at the same time his agent will have advised him that he is holding a lot of cards 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MPH said:

Brighton. 

Can't see it personally. Even if they needed another midfielder, I don't think he fits their profile of 'usually buy young and cheap or with a good chance of later profit'.

I think KDH is quite exposed now in terms of what he can and cannot do and possibly even his market value for his age now. He's never going to be a top player sought-after by real top clubs like some of Brighton's other purchases. 

I think previously that they may have been interested on the cheap. I doubt we'd get much over 20m for him, 25m at a push with add ons. We'll see. In an ideal world we'd keep him though but just can't see it happening. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

8 minutes ago, K789 said:

Problem I see is brentfords of this world don't pay big wages. Maybe a stumbling block for him 

Not just that, he probably would not regard it as career progression. He’s just won promotion with his hometown club and has a fantastic relationship with his manager and teammates. Why would he want to leave unless it was to a club either in, or genuinely competing for, the Champions League?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Fully appreciate that and I certainly ain’t saying it will happen but I would sincerely hope the club have been actively working on getting potential deals lined up and not just waiting until the end of the season to make a start. 

Players such as Iversen and Thomas could be moved on fairly sharpish if we are sensible with our fee strategies and hopefully bring in £7-10m in profit. 

You would hope we have been very active with agent(s) with links both home and abroad to generate interest. The next few weeks will be very interesting to see how we operate. 

if the supposed rumours of Rudkin moving on are true, I wonder if his contract terminates on 30th June and his task and potentially his severance package is heavily incentivised on our ability to be EFL PSR compliant. 

I doubt Rudders is going anywhere. Sadly.

he appeared very cosy with Top during the celebrations 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think KDH is quite exposed now in terms of what he can and cannot do and possibly even his market value for his age now. He's never going to be a top player sought-after by real top clubs like some of Brighton's other purchases. 

How? He's a late-bloomer but he's just off the back of a great season - his trajectory is looking good. 

Look at someone like John McGinn, for example (and his season in the Championship wasn't as good as KDH's) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Just to add that his statement that he has no intention of leaving the club he’s been at since he was 8 could be 100% that or it could mean ‘if the club think they’re going to sell me against my will without weighing me in big time then they need to think again’.  I’m sure he wants to get as big a fee as he can to help us but at the same time his agent will have advised him that he is holding a lot of cards 

Or he already knows he is going and is playing the media game with fans.

Looks good when he reluctantly walks out the door with a £100k pw payrise with a fat signing on fee. We can all share his pain that he was forced out in that manner.

• Like 2