Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelmofox

Things i miss about us being 'good'

If we are talking about when we were good *this season*  ...

There was a swagger. With hindsight, some might now call it utterly hubristic, but that level of confidence is now gone.

20240419_055625.jpg.2fa56064d8bdfa33a2d4013f65a68c97.jpg

If we scored first with a great team goal in any of our upcoming games, the knowledge that we might try and sit on a 1-0 lead for the rest of the game and only end up conceding, in addition to the gnawing dread of having chucked away a massive lead at the top of the table, would probably suck all of the swagger right out of us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

There was a swagger. With hindsight, some might now call it utterly hubristic, but that level of confidence is now gone.

If we scored first with a great team goal in any of our upcoming games, the knowledge that we might try and sit on a 1-0 lead for the rest of the game and only end up conceding, in addition to the gnawing dread of having chucked away a massive lead at the top of the table, would probably suck all of the swagger right out of us.

Coaching out a swagger and intent in a team took Brendan four seasons give or take. Remarkable, really.

But if you challenged it at the time you had 100s of Dr Footballs crying about 'inversion' and 'the process' and goodness me where are they now. 

Counting how many passes we made in one movement leading to a goal, now we can't string 3 passes together and don't know where the goal is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I miss the feeling, and it was the same feeling in 2015/16, that if/when we conceded it wasn't a problem.

A calm feeling that the quality and mentality of the side will win out, no worries. 

These days a goal goes in and you have absolutely no confidence that the result is going in our favour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Swagger and hubris is good in sports. Very few humble sporting champions.

We were mostly of the belief that Enzo had brought this back to the team after Lord Beelzebub had sucked us dry.

Now I see posts accusing Enzo of doing that too. There's one in this thread.

What I wouldn't give for some hubris.

7 hours ago, Muzzy Elliot said:

Telling people that the championship is actually a really enjoyable league and if we weren’t smashing the life out of it then I wouldn’t mind another season in it. 

Oh Christ the thought of another season in it. 

Problem is I hate the championship now we've had a taste of success in the top flight.....but I hate the prem as its just the big six and everyone else is there to make up the number's ....conflicted 🤣🤣🤣🤣