Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

West Brom (H) 2-1 Post-Match Thread

Just now, RumbleFox said:

Huge win. We can fvcking do this. 

With the same amount of divine intervention in the remaining games we could almost rival Ipswich.

• Haha 1

The good: the result, Hamza, the team showing they actually care

The bad: some of the performance, ball retention in the final third. 

The only thing that matters: 3 points secured. 

Edited by Hootsman
  • Like 1

Matthew 6:34 is “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” 

especially if you’re a Leicester fan:nigel:

• Like 1

Huge win, unconvincing display to say the least. Hamza was sloppy at times, but his last ditch defending won us that game.

We abandoned our principles today and allowed the game to be played at their pace. I know the controlled possession irks many, but today our lack of control exposed Vestergaard and Winks massively. Gives a glimpse into how things might look like next year if we go up, where will get carved open at will, unless we are able to dictate that the game is played at walking pace or can make reinforcements to get some technically adept, yet mobile players in central defence and midfield. Was impressed with WBA, they looked a very cohesive side and I'd take Corberan in a heartbeat if Enzo didn't stick around.

Obviously delighted with 3 points, but the direction of travel in terms of performance is concerning.

Edited by martyn
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Coady should have been in the side ages ago, and playing regularly. Brings the leadership this team clearly needs.

Yet I cannot remember us being this porous besides against Cov first game. Yes, the midfield left our defense horribly exposed, but dear me. When we cannot intercept crosses with three tall centerbacks, then I despair...

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Huge win, unconvincing display to say the least. Hamza was sloppy at times, but his last ditch defending won is that game.

We abandoned our principles today and allowed the game to be played at their pace. I know the controlled possession irks many, but today our lack of control exposed Vestergaard and Winks massively. Gives a glimpse into how things might look like next year if we go up, where will get carved open at will, unless we are able to dictate that the game is played at walking pace. Was impressed with WBA, they looked a very cohesive side and I'd take Corberan in a heartbeat if Enzo didn't stick around.

Obviously delighted with 3 points, but the direction of travel in terms of performance is concerning.

We are at the business end of the season, 3 point is all that matters and we got them cheer up mate.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hamza is brilliant because he is shit sometimes lol

Questioning his quality is fair enough but you can never question his commitment to play for this club. 

Lucky win, but also had chances of our own.

Great to see the scenes at the end, but nothing finished yet. 

Was going to make this point. The crowd stepped up today. Top/Enzo etc can’t complain about that!

Really nice to see the fans at the end together with the players and management. Felt for the first time in a while everyone was together.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

Yet I cannot remember us being this porous besides against Cov first game. Yes, the midfield left our defense horribly exposed, but dear me. When we cannot intercept crosses with three tall centerbacks, then I despair...

Vesty followed Diagana all over the ground as was pulled out of position several times. That meant the gap between Coady and Faes was wide open at times.

Still think we were better defensively than some other games!

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

We are at the business end of the season, 3 point is all that matters and we got them cheer up mate.

Obviously it's a huge win, and it's at better to be able to rebuild with the buffer of premier league cash, just the cracks we're papering over get wider.

• Like 1