Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

When buying mobile tickets as a member its all sorted long before you head to the ground. Its in my wallet (i obvs check it) and just open the wallet when i get to the game. I've never had a single issue and been to every home game this season with the digital ticket. But then, i check them and i get to the ground in good time.

That's reassuring thanks. Might be a daft question but ... I pay for both my season ticket and that of my adult son via direct debit. When my tickets arrive on my phone is there a way of either forwarding his to him on his phone or alternatively, somehow arrange for his to be sent to his email address? I can't seem to find a way to do the latter on the club site?

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's reassuring thanks. Might be a daft question but ... I pay for both my season ticket and that of my adult son via direct debit. When my tickets arrive on my phone is there a way of either forwarding his to him on his phone or alternatively, somehow arrange for his to be sent to his email address? I can't seem to find a way to do the latter on the club site?

In our account we setup what email address the tickets go to. My wifes phone is setup to get both hers and my sons ticket, but this could be changed and sent to his if we wanted. Would rather he wasnt taking his phone to games.

Never tried forwarding though.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you’re ever looking to adopt an adult son I’m up for it.

• Haha 1

Has the club said if this is going to be the case every season now? £25 a card or just this season and that card will work indefinitely. I’d rather a card but I ain’t paying if this is the same every year or if we haven’t even got a choice next season?? May aswell bite the bullet and go digital this year if that’s the case 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, drfunke said:

Has the club said if this is going to be the case every season now? £25 a card or just this season and that card will work indefinitely. I’d rather a card but I ain’t paying if this is the same every year or if we haven’t even got a choice next season?? May aswell bite the bullet and go digital this year if that’s the case 🤷🏻‍♂️

What ever happens this year (rightly or wrongly), i think you just need to presume that the charge is because they want (for whatever reason) to get rid of the cards and move to digital. So probably presume either more of the same next season, or probably worse. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What ever happens this year (rightly or wrongly), i think you just need to presume that the charge is because they want (for whatever reason) to get rid of the cards and move to digital. So probably presume either more of the same next season, or probably worse. 

Apparently next season the charge will be £50 and those carrying physical tickets will be made to go through a separate entrance at which specially-trained stewards will punch each ticket holder in the face before they're allowed to go through the turnstile.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apparently next season the charge will be £50 and those carrying physical tickets will be made to go through a separate entrance at which specially-trained stewards will punch each ticket holder in the face before they're allowed to go through the turnstile.

The good news is at least they aren’t handing out Chang’s. That would have been really horrible. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

In our account we setup what email address the tickets go to. My wifes phone is setup to get both hers and my sons ticket, but this could be changed and sent to his if we wanted. Would rather he wasnt taking his phone to games.

Never tried forwarding though.

Thanks very much. 

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

This has probably been said/asked before but is the clubs motivation to ensure it's the ticket holder who is getting in and resells go through the club?

They haven't said it but it's clearly the case. They want to make sure they get rid of anyone touting tickets and they'll happily lose faith from good, honest supporters to achieve that.

It's the sledgehammer to a walnut approach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

They haven't said it but it's clearly the case. They want to make sure they get rid of anyone touting tickets and they'll happily lose faith from good, honest supporters to achieve that.

It's the sledgehammer to a walnut approach.

Just a bit, it surely can't be that big a problem. Do touts really buy season tickets and if an individual does sell their ticket to a couple of games does it matter?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

This has probably been said/asked before but is the clubs motivation to ensure it's the ticket holder who is getting in and resells go through the club?

Main motivation is knowing exactly who is in the ground at any point. Current safety officer (Paul Cook), is pretty terrified of not knowing who's in "his ground". Most of this stems from him.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Main motivation is knowing exactly who is in the ground at any point. Current safety officer (Paul Cook), is pretty terrified of not knowing who's in "his ground". Most of this stems from him.

They must know that  people with mobiles pass on their tickets so I'm not convinced that is the short term aim. More of a long term one as it makes me think once the majority are on board they'll change the systems to one that's harder to pass on.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Paid the £25 just.

Decided that once digital tickets are forced on us then I’m packing it in.

Half our group are in their 50’s & 60’s and very few are confident enough with phones to bother with it. One lad only has a work phone and never takes it out. 

At least 6 out of our 12 but more likely 8 will not renew when it’s a digital ticket. 

It’s not the best sample of the fan base but it might show that they’ll be losing plenty of fans with this process, not that they care because there’s plenty to replace us with. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But if you pay £25 towards “charity” the club doesn’t give a fvck it would seem 

15 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Just a bit, it surely can't be that big a problem. Do touts really buy season tickets and if an individual does sell their ticket to a couple of games does it matter?

I think nearly all use by non ticket holders is by friends and family of the ticket holder. The club used to allow upgrading a child's ticket to an adult so did allow this.

Has there been an incident?

If no incident then what's the problem? If a significant incident then confiscate that ticket holders ST.

16 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This the current guy who is in charge of the stewards?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I think nearly all use by non ticket holders is by friends and family of the ticket holder. The club used to allow upgrading a child's ticket to an adult so did allow this.

Has there been an incident?

If no incident then what's the problem? If a significant incident then confiscate that ticket holders ST.

Change of staff. Head of stadium safety, head of operations and head of ticket sales.

You can pretty much pin point since the FA cup bus lie and this lot joining the change on stance to being anti supporter.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Change of staff. Head of stadium safety, head of operations and head of ticket sales.

You can pretty much pin point since the FA cup bus lie and this lot joining the change on stance to being anti supporter.

I still know a few stewards down there, a good number have gone but the stories I have heard, the words bell end fit rather nicely.

5 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Paid the £25 just.

Decided that once digital tickets are forced on us then I’m packing it in.

Half our group are in their 50’s & 60’s and very few are confident enough with phones to bother with it. One lad only has a work phone and never takes it out. 

At least 6 out of our 12 but more likely 8 will not renew when it’s a digital ticket. 

It’s not the best sample of the fan base but it might show that they’ll be losing plenty of fans with this process, not that they care because there’s plenty to replace us with. 

Happening everywhere sadly Leicestershire County cricket club aim to go digitally only from 2028 dispute  the average age of over 70 amongst the members