Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, An Away Move said:

It would be an excellent show of solidarity if all those with mobile tickets opted for card instead. It would mess with the clubs ‘optics’ when making next year’s decision. 

Alas the opposite is happening. People who had cards going mobile and those with mobile sticking with. How utterly depressing. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

The updated poll is depressing. Despite the upset the club are causing it seems we are being good little consumers and going more mobile and accelerating the complete demise of cards. 

Remember that a lot on here, myself including, are paying for themselves and family members so the figure could be misleading (both ways) for example I had one vote but have had two cards for myself and my lad. There’s other people been saying they’ve been paying for up to four. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

On 22/04/2024 at 10:13, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I totally disagree with this. How about people who don’t want to come to every game as a sign of protest for whatever reason (and there are and have been plenty over recent years)? What about people who live far away, and decide that a midweek game isn’t worth getting back at 1am if you’re working the next day? What if you’ve got young kids for whom it might not work to go to every home game?

There is a balance, and the club indirectly acknowledge this with the resale and forwarding scheme. Yes if someone buys an ST but never goes, fine that probably should be reviewed. But as a paying customer I would argue that you’re within your right to not attend when you don’t want to. People don’t just exist to go to LCFC games, and are allowed other clashes imo.

Allied to which the single seat match ticket is high in comparison to the cost of a match as one of the 19 or 23, not sure after how many games its better to have a season ticket but is it 2/3's??  That's why I got one.

My lad was 12 when he became a STH, he's 20 now and works & lives in London and bleeds Leicester BUT he couldn't justify a 200 mile return for midweek home championship games BUT came to everything else.

Last season he went to Huddersfield, Southampton on a Friday night, Norwich on a Wednesday and drove back to London @ midnight for 2am!! QPR, West Brom (in the home end), Birmingham, Ipswich, Stroke, Watford, Leeds, Bristol C, Millwall.

If they're wedging out the £300 plus they should have some choice.  The club are trying to stop this because demand is greater than supply.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Can somebody send me a link or a "how to" as I will be paying the £25 tax and buying a card rather than mobile for next season and can't see how you do it, sorry, sure its on somewhere but can't find it.

We received an email. Worth checking the emails you got after paying for your season ticket.

Wife went and bloody paid for it for the 2 of us. Didn't even discuss it. 'oooh - it goes to charity anyway'. 

• Haha 1

I asked the club what the £25 is going towards and what projects they (foundation)  are working towards. 

Replied saying they haven't yet chosen the charities so you don't even know what your supporting !!!!!

15 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Can somebody send me a link or a "how to" as I will be paying the £25 tax and buying a card rather than mobile for next season and can't see how you do it, sorry, sure its on somewhere but can't find it.

Log on to the website, go to the ticket section and mine comes up with 2024/25 card purchase or something similar

11 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I asked the club what the £25 is going towards and what projects they (foundation)  are working towards. 

Replied saying they haven't yet chosen the charities so you don't even know what your supporting !!!!!

Just a really well thought out move by the football club.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Most people in the poll thread sticking with the card then, good to see.

Yes. The 8 us who I usually go with are all sticking with the card. Hopefully that’s replicated across the board. It’ll be interesting to see the official numbers once the season starts if they’ll let the trust know. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Most people in the poll thread sticking with the card then, good to see.

Apart from the majority who aren't in the poll in this thread.

It's just easier on a phone anyway.

Edited by LaCiudad

7 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Apart from the majority who aren't in the poll in this thread.

It's just easier on a phone anyway.

The ‘’majority’ were firmly with the physical card last season. Around 16-17k kept with the card over 6k with the phone 

25 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

It is devilishly tricky taking a card out of your pocket/wallet. Sometimes I have to get my carer to help me. 

Makes a nice change from wiping your arse I suppose :D

• Haha 1