Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

Will you pay £25 for a ST card?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Will you pay £25 for a ST card?

• Yes
    • No

30 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The (bar)stewards told me I couldn't take a sandwich and a drink in with me earlier this season after having checked my sons bag. Basically either eat their shitty food or starve.... 

got an un opened bottle of water in last match

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, the draper said:

What are you voting against? 

£25 to charity? 

Voting against the choice, the football club is run by corporate people who have no understanding of football, giving it to charity was just a PR stunt but like I said it just made my mind up for me, I don’t like watching football that uses VAR anyway

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rugbyblue said:

It's crap that the official line is you can't take food in but apart from P and L1 next to away fans, we are never searched and regularly take in a bottle of pop or water.  But in truth it's a sorry state of affairs if people can't go two hours without eating or having a pint.  We are there to watch football.  There are countless burger bars and chippies within 10 or 15 mins walk of the ground and a number of pubs too.  Have a bite there at 2:15 ish...I'm sure people can make it til 5pm without boozing or eating. It's over priced crap anyway.  I'm always amazed that people miss kick off or 5 or ten mins of either first or second half for the sake of a pint of sh*t lager.  

Try taking a 12 year old with you that seems to be getting an inch taller every day! At the very least I need to take a snack and some drink in with me to stop him becoming a hangry preadolescent! 

Edited by hejammy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Try taking a 12 year old with you that seems to to be getting an inch taller every day! At the very least I need to take a snack and some drink in with me to stop him becoming a hangry preadolescent! 

Fair point.  I've been there. 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Can't even take a free water bottle into the stadium! 

Screenshot_20240503_133047_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06d1f6212e38fe38a3b72a3125a5201d.jpg

lol

Not very “eco friendly” is it?

They won’t allow you to take a water bottle, refillable bottle in, neither do they (to my knowledge) give access to water points in the stadium 🤔 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not very “eco friendly” is it?

They won’t allow you to take a water bottle, refillable bottle in, neither do they (to my knowledge) give access to water points in the stadium 🤔 

Not sure about water points never seen them, and not defending them as not letting people take water in with them is stupid.

However they will have to serve you free tap water at the bar as it is the law

11 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not sure about water points never seen them, and not defending them as not letting people take water in with them is stupid.

However they will have to serve you free tap water at the bar as it is the law

Tomorrow’s protest sorted then. 25th minute “£25, you’re having a laugh”, 26th minute all down to the concourse for a free cup of tap water 💦 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hejammy said:

Can't even take a free water bottle into the stadium! 

Screenshot_20240503_133047_Chrome.thumb.jpg.06d1f6212e38fe38a3b72a3125a5201d.jpg

lol

People need to just stop letting stewards bother them going into the ground. Just stick a bottle of water under your jacket and walk straight past them ffs. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People need to just stop letting stewards bother them going into the ground. Just stick a bottle of under under your jacket and walk straight past them ffs. 

This.

I get a 50p bottle of water from the corner shop on the way to ground.

Just hold it in you're hand on the pat down then pop it in your back pocket at the turnstile.

4 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Voting against the choice, the football club is run by corporate people who have no understanding of football, giving it to charity was just a PR stunt but like I said it just made my mind up for me, I don’t like watching football that uses VAR anyway

Wish my aligences to the club were that fickle, would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of heart ache 

Have they been taking food and drink off people again then? I remember they had a crackdown at the start of last season, and then the club (Jim) clarified that we were allowed 500 ml bottles of water.

I had a look at the clubs own ground regulations on the website, and it says nothing about food, but it does say no bottles (as it could be thrown as a weapon, allegedly).

Of course if you bring a Capri sun with you, it's in a pouch, not a bottle, so would that be allowed?

54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People need to just stop letting stewards bother them going into the ground. Just stick a bottle of under under your jacket and walk straight past them ffs. 

I genuinely don't think I've had a steward speak to me without me approaching them since they introduced the automated turnstiles.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I genuinely don't think I've had a steward speak to me without me approaching them since they introduced the automated turnstiles.

I've had them physically stand in front of me and ask to search me 

1 hour ago, the draper said:

Wish my aligences to the club were that fickle, would have saved me a lot of money and a lot of heart ache 

😂😂 yes ok

1 hour ago, the draper said:

First game in 1991 in Pen 2, season ticket through most of the 90s and for the last 20 years consecutive, over 50 away grounds done, pretty much every shirt since the late 80s, every play off final/League cup final, driving to Belgium, Holland and France, flying to Spain and Italy, club badge tattoo on my arm……..but I’m fickle because I’ve fell out of love with the game it has become, Should I keep going to games and being bitter about how football is or should I relinquish my season ticket and let a younger person desperate to get a season ticket have a go at being a season ticket holder?

I enjoyed the £25 chant today! You can take sealed drinks bottles in - the steward made a point today of saying is that sealed? I also had a full subway - two massive sandwiches, cookies, the works. He searched my bag but didn’t seem fazed by the subway, just wanted me to show my drink was sealed?! No idea why it matters if it’s sealed or not! 

Mobile Tickets still not working. Women in front of me couldn't get her ticket to scan. Sent to the ticket office at 1215. Useless system.