Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Preston Away - Monday 29th April - Pre Match

I'm not fussed by the title. I'd rather see the team bonding like they currently are and signing contracts (when we are allowed) for a go in the Prem. This team is a strong base to build upon. 

It's a great chance to play some of the kids as well. I'd imagine we play a much changed 11. Then get the lads out together for the final game at home.

Edited by Product of 84
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Great.

FM it’s going to be like Brighton at home in 2014 all over again when they were still pissed and we lost  4-1 - I remember Ulloa getting at least a couple for them - it was a shite show and I thought at the time pretty unprofessional 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Death by Football said:

Foxes never quit…drinking 

They'll have gathered there to watch Hull-Ipswich..

Hopefully they sober up quickly if Ipswich win.

But if Hull win, we might get another round of social media celebrations, and Monday may be a write-off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

The title matters to me. I'd have preferred to see a more subdued celebration until it's in the bag. There'll be so much hype about Ipswich winning it after having come up last year, and to say we've sat top most of the season, I'll be disappointed if we finish second, and it can be attributed to celebrations. Not a good look if Preston turn us over, and a professional performance follows on Tuesday by Ipswich.

Ipswich have to be professional- they’ve not gone up yet and need to take 4 points from two games 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Ipswich have to be professional- they’ve not gone up yet and need to take 4 points from two games 

Yes I get that, but notwithstanding, if we are turned over by a Preston side that are on the beach, it's a poor showing. 

11 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Yes I get that, but notwithstanding, if we are turned over by a Preston side that are on the beach, it's a poor showing. 

Well it’s clear that our preparation isn’t ideal unless we get points for being over the limit!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

for all we know they had a single beer at the training ground?

Enzo seems pretty driven, focused and professional so not sure yesterday was the massive piss up some think it may have been. 

Looks like we trained and then possibly the players and staff then enjoyed a couple of beers in recognition of the achievement of winning promotion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

for all we know they had a single beer at the training ground?

59 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Enzo seems pretty driven, focused and professional so not sure yesterday was the massive piss up some think it may have been. 

Looks like we trained and then possibly the players and staff then enjoyed a couple of beers in recognition of the achievement of winning promotion. 

You’re probably right but then I’m just going on what we know about our last promotion and our title win and what they got up to re alcohol consumption! 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’re probably right but then I’m just going on what we know about our last promotion and our title win and what they got up to re alcohol consumption! 

That was ten years ago and we had absolutely nothing left to play for on that last game, everything was wrapped up

Just now, Itsthejoeker said:

That was ten years ago and we had absolutely nothing left to play for on that last game, everything was wrapped up

we had two games left btw

and the promotion season ?

however, I think enzo made a clever call by having the ‘party’ at his place 

and then the club look like they called the squad into seagrave to sleep over last night before heading to the northwest today (judging by mavs arriving with a suitcase) 

so I reckon they’ve planned this fairly well to try and keep a lid on the alcohol intake 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Product of 84 said:

I'm not fussed by the title. I'd rather see the team bonding like they currently are and signing contracts (when we are allowed) for a go in the Prem. This team is a strong base to build upon. 

It's a great chance to play some of the kids as well. I'd imagine we play a much changed 11. Then get the lads out together for the final game at home.

I suspect they will want to play as we will be able to clinch the title

5 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Apart from our obligation to the integrity of the competition and to those other sides relying us to put in a performance to help their own circumstances I suppose 

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

full strength please. I want that title. No slacking till 14.30 4th May.

It seems most of been on the lash since Friday ! 

I'm not sure we get it sorted tomorrow..........hopefully I'm wrong, as it's unfair on our travelling 6k. 

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

It seems most of been on the lash since Friday ! 

I'm not sure we get it sorted tomorrow..........hopefully I'm wrong, as it's unfair on our travelling 6k. 

I enjoyed the game against brighton despite being spanked 4-1 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Even back in 1957 having easily won the division they lost the last game at home to Leyton Orient 4-1.