Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes Trust Reform

Foxes Trust Reform - show your support!

New energy is great but TBF to the trust, they don’t need to jump through any hoops for you guys or anyone, so I don’t understand the attack on the time demands?

To give yourselves credibility here it may be worth full transparency with your requests and the reply, where you feel they didn’t comply etc otherwise it’s going to come across as a bit playground like?

• Like 4

I have joined the FT trust because I want to see the club challenged on issues such as fan engagement and the obvious issues of financial management. As we have seen with many clubs over the years, you can easily start to drop down the leagues when those at the top are not moved on or mistakes/accountability is not taken. On fan engagement, this is something that frustrates lots of us that want to vocally back the team and the club seem very reluctant to want engage with the fanbase (particularly UFS) around this. We are fans, not customers and a lot of us don’t feel valued. I think under the right leadership the trust can do some good 

• Thanks 1

I joined because I want to be part of a group that not only challenges the club but also works closely with the club to provide the very best fan experience,  not to be treated or made to feel a customer and most importantly bring the fanbase and club closer together. 

Given the club size and aside from the last 10 or so years, our history, traditionally our fanbase are Leicester supporters through love, not trophy hunters etc, therefore the club need to harness that passion not isolate it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over the past few years I have become more and more disillusioned with LCFC and the way they conduct themselves in relation to the fans. Others have commented on the stewarding and pricing and ticketing issues which alienate many of us (lack of choice and exorbitant prices in the concourse outlets) but I am also concerned about the lack of engagement of the club with many of the supporter groups who are desperately trying to improve the match day atmosphere themselves, but encountering barriers from within the club (as expressed on this forum elsewhere).

I have been watching live football for 60 years, so I do have a perspective born of experience, and I have seen clubs gradually become more remote from the match going fan and more inclined to target the corporate customer who can offer greater income through hospitality packages and high-cost events. This is short-term thinking and unlikely to encourage the younger generation to become lifelong fans whilst those who do attend are being fleeced by the club as a captive audience.

The only way to counter this is by supporting the Foxes Trust and ensuring they have the determination to hold the club to account about how it treats the fans. That is why I have joined the Trust, in the hope that they can become more active in communicating on behalf of the whole fan base and improve our match day experience in the way we want it to, rather than the way that makes them the most money. 

Without the fans football is nothing, let’s ensure the fans are heard in the boardroom where the decisions are made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/05/2024 at 13:28, Foxes Trust Reform said:

It’s time to change the leadership of the Foxes Trust.

Since March, a group of new joiners to the Foxes Trust have been motivating for change. We want the Trust to become significant campaigning group representing the views of the entire fanbase and holding the club to account.  

We have met with several Foxes Trust board members but, despite the large number of new joiners (thanks to the ~200 new joiners in recent weeks) and warm words, they have failed to demonstrate a real openness to action change nor the ability to operate with the agility required to ensure we have an effective Trust come the start of the new season.

It is now clear that if the Trust is to be reformed then the leadership must be refreshed. We have therefore informed the Trust that we are to prepare a request for a General Meeting of all Trust members along with a resolution to change the leadership of the Trust.

We are appealing to you to show your support for a more effective Trust by simply emailing “count me in” to [email protected] - whether you are a current Trust member or otherwise. Doing so will allow us to further showcase the desire for change (both inside and outside of the Trust membership base today), keep you up to date on how things are progressing and ask for your input/feedback on what you want to see from the Trust.

Some of our top/most pressing priorities for the Trust are areas such as:

- Attract a significant membership to truly articulate supporters’ concerns/interests/aspirations and demonstrate strength/weight of numbers to the club. The Trust should not be beholden to the club and should be able to speak out where it believes necessary.

- Implement a fanbase-wide survey so that the focus of the Trust is driven by the views of the entire fanbase. There are so many issues where we wish to see a campaigning Foxes Trust press the club to do better: general sale ticketing,  shop pricing (especially for kids shirts), future of the singing section, introduction of safe standing; concourse pricing, matchday stewarding, banning policy, transparency over responsibilities of club executives/board members, creation of a Fan Advisory Board that is NOT under the control of the club, safeguarding for academy players and ladies teams, improved club media operations, charging kids to attend signing sessions… the list goes on!

- Fan Advisory Board: With promotion, the club now has to establish a Fans Advisory Board (FAB) yet the current proposal for the make-up of the FAB is unfit for purpose – this is a once in a generation opportunity to get things right. We asked the Trust to share full visibility on the current proposed plan and pause any agreement to proceed with the club so that we could work together to identify a more effective proposal. The Trust has not responded on this piece in particular.

Our assessment of the current Trust shows them to be lacking in their mindset on representation (they believe its first priority is to represent its members and the views of members rather than the wider supporter base), their relationship with LCFC (they are too cosy with the club, have just one person communicating with the club and fear being sidelined), their communication (they have little presence on social media and their statements are weak in tone) and their ability to change at pace (they have many manual processes and make every decision slowly and by committee).

To pressure-test the Trust board’s ability and appetite for change, we asked them to work with us on four simple requests and provide comment with a speed that would demonstrate their appreciation for the urgency of those requests. They replied late and did not directly action a single one of the four requests. This is why we are now taking action and asking you for your backing.

We would love for you to join the Trust here and secure your vote for the Special General Meeting (it’s only £10 for adults, £5 for OAPs, £5 for students, £3 for 18-21 year olds and free for under 18s) but, even if you are not quite ready to join but are supportive of what we are trying to achieve for all LCFC fans, we would still appeal to you to please at least email “count me in” to [email protected].

Share with fellow LCFC fans… it’s time to stand up for change in the Foxes Trust!

:scarf:

Could I ask where you are in relation to UFS? Will there be an initial view to work together? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brucey said:

The Trust made it very clear at their AGM that they only serve the interests of their members, which seem to be mainly older white people, not the general fanbase. Case in point, in their own words "We don't get involved in safe standing because that's a UFS thing and our members don't want it".

Thanks for raising this - and it's a really staggering position that they held here regarding safe standing when they could see what was happening throughout the game. Very brave for calling it out as well.  Will be joining. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I joined the foxes trust because the disconnect between the club and fans has widened significantly since Covid.

It would seem the club only sees us fans as an inconvenience, with the only priority is to drain us of our money whenever possible. 

My biggest issue with the club, involves putting the ability to buy match tickets behind a paywall. 
Having to pay £32 a year just to be able to buy a ticket is disgraceful! This will lock out the future generation!

I want the club to be held to account for the bad decisions it’s made in the 18 months - 2 years. 
they assume getting promotion will sweep these issues under the rug, but that really shouldn’t be the case! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1