Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simpmeister

Sammie Szmodics

Posted (edited)

I really like this guy. It’s not just against us, in many other games he was effective and when Tomasson was in charge he was effective in the press. 20m is a lot given there’s no resale value, but counter point is that he’s proven in the Championship. His wages won’t be outlandish so whilst the fee might be high, the overall package might not be. Winks is supposedly on over 70k so if this guy was signed on 35k then even if the fee is double the package would be similar. 

I’d be very tempted. 

EDIT: There’s also the possibility that in our system he’d be well suited as the 9 as he would be dropping deep. He’s not really a striker despite the crazy number of goals. KDH, Ndidi and Szmodics?! That would be tasty!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

No problem for half the price quoted, we need hungry players who want to prove themselves. Momentum is a powerful tool in football and signing a striker/attacker on the back of over 30 goals during a whole season, should not be sniffed at. Likely low wages too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We wasted a shit load of chances this season, and this lad can finish.

I hear they want Cannon. I’d go with Cannon and £10m for the Irish man 👍🏼 

Well they can eff off then. This lads the future. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

Well they can eff off then. This lads the future. 

Szmodics is a striker. His finishing this season has been unreal. Play him as our number 9 and he gets another 15-20 this season coming 

Edited by FoxinNotts

To be honest I’d rather chuck all of that money on getting Baturina in. Move quickly and firmly and make it happen. There are other options for sure, but that sort of money for a 28/29 year old is wasting it. Not much growth potential, no resale value, dodgy legs. It’s a strong no from me - you listening Enzo, Crudders?