Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Anyone know what will happen to ante post bets if the season ends with league positions as is? Presumably they void all bets? 

im intrigued to see what the hell is gonna happen. 

i assume it will depend on the official outcome. if the season is "voided" then bets will probably have to be voided. depending on liabilities, good will gestures etc. may see things like liverpool being paid out or vardy top scorer being paid out. but i'm not sure how much good will the bookies have left, the pockets are fu cking empty. 

if the league settle the season with current positions then i assume they will pay out based on what's happened.

17 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

im intrigued to see what the hell is gonna happen. 

i assume it will depend on the official outcome. if the season is "voided" then bets will probably have to be voided. depending on liabilities, good will gestures etc. may see things like liverpool being paid out or vardy top scorer being paid out. but i'm not sure how much good will the bookies have left, the pockets are fu cking empty. 

if the league settle the season with current positions then i assume they will pay out based on what's happened.

Nightmare for me if they do. Got a massive mixture involving Man City/ Liverpool to score a certain number of goals and Norwich to be relegated. Norwich being currently rock bottom will be settled as a winner I would imagine but the goals leg of it will be a loser. Also got Everton and us top 10 finish so that's a loser too as it stands. Top stuff.

Us being top midlands club is about the only winner I'm gunna get as it stands. 

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Nightmare for me if they do. Got a massive mixture involving Man City/ Liverpool to score a certain number of goals and Norwich to be relegated. Norwich being currently rock bottom will be settled as a winner I would imagine but the goals leg of it will be a loser. Also got Everton and us top 10 finish so that's a loser too as it stands. Top stuff.

Us being top midlands club is about the only winner I'm gunna get as it stands. 

the ligue 1 markets i bet on are all settled i think, psg paid out as a winner, the rest losers. so if they call it a day but say that it's as it stands then that will be the case i'd assume.

as for specials, goalscorers etc i don't know. obviously if, let's say, you've backed vardy to score 20 goals this season, you're probably on a 5/1 (?) shot that is now 1/100. it would be incredible tough to void every bet in that scenario, and even tougher to settle them as losers. but it's not a winner. so what is it? fu ck knows. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/05/2020 at 18:28, ScouseFox said:

the ligue 1 markets i bet on are all settled i think, psg paid out as a winner, the rest losers. so if they call it a day but say that it's as it stands then that will be the case i'd assume.

as for specials, goalscorers etc i don't know. obviously if, let's say, you've backed vardy to score 20 goals this season, you're probably on a 5/1 (?) shot that is now 1/100. it would be incredible tough to void every bet in that scenario, and even tougher to settle them as losers. but it's not a winner. so what is it? fu ck knows. 

Surely stake would be returned? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all. With the season coming back very shortly I thought I'd share this again. SportStack app, a cross between FPL and the betfair exchange. You basically bet on which players you think will perform well or badly on each game. The Leicester market goes live at 7 tonight if you think Wilf will smash it vs Watford for example. If you sign up via this link you get 10 free shares in players without making a deposit. If you deposit then I get some too 😁 If anyone has any questions about it feel free to dm me. 

https://www.sportstack.com/invite/DS112

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Fox Chairman (KP owned) running at Ascot this afternoon at 6/1 in sky bet - placed 75% of races and sky bet offering money back as cash if it comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th so get your bet on to win!

King power got couple interesting horses running today. They’ve gone in my itv racing 7 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Also noticed the Czech league this weekend had fixtures where all sides were playing teams very near to them in the table, so I did all home teams win or draw double chance at 6/1. Obviously the first game lost so didn't pay any attention to it after that, just noticed the other 7 games came in, 6 of which actually winning the match, fml

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What are people’s thoughts on offsetting the disappointment of your team losing, by betting against them? 

Not got experience on the matter, but I'd assume if you've got £100 potentially coming in, and we go 1-0 down then get a 90 min screamer equaliser, it won't feel as good and could ruin the joy a bit, but on the other hand, if we get battered you wouldn't feel so bad with the cash 😂 so guess it's a bit of a double edged sword. 

16 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

What are people’s thoughts on offsetting the disappointment of your team losing, by betting against them? 

I've done it before, but more to reduce the anxiety ahead of an important game or because the odds seemed good value due to poor form/injuries etc. I don't see an issue with it in general, it's like emotional insurance to avoid experiencing any extreme lows (while also losing the potential of extreme highs). 

I think for some, it can be a pre match ritual or superstition, like wearing lucky pants or whatever. They've probably done it once before and the team got an unexpected win, so it's an attempt to 'jinx' the team into winning. Especially for those who seem to believe they are on a bad streak and will lose all the bets they put on. 

But then again I've banned myself years ago because of disordered thought patterns around betting so maybe don't listen to me :)

Edited by brucey

22 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wish I had with our boys. Backed them at 25/1 top 4 this season and didn't bother laying off when 14 pts clear of 4th. 

But in reality I could never bet against us in any circumstances even when the opposition have been extremely good value (Southampton home were about 7/1 to beat us from memory).

On 13/07/2020 at 22:54, Ian Nacho said:

I’ve only ever done it once - v Sevilla (first leg). 

It has to be remembered in the context that we were awful at the time, and I had a ticket for the home leg. So I backed us at quite high odds to be beat by 2 goals or more. I think I put about a tenner on at about 5/1.

My thought process was that in the best case scenario we get a result or a narrow defeat and there’s everything to play for in the second leg. Worst case scenario we get thumped and at least the return legs ticket was effectively free. 

Best tenner I’ve ever lost. 

Edited by rn9013