Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Infinity War twice now, never realised the Vue had become so cheap, two peeps being able to watch for the price of one at other venues.

It is not the cinema it was but is still equal to the Odeon.

Went to "Funny Cow" - strongly recommended.

Manages to combine brutality and compassion, hilarity and deathly dark humour, dreams and reality, serious themes with laughs and no preaching.

Powerful performance by Maxine Peake as lead (the Funny Cow).

Excellent also are whoever plays her mother and her husband, even her upmarket Romeo.

2 points for anyone who spots the top 80s pop star involved in argy-bargy at the bar.

Watched Molly's game a film based on a true story and a book my Molly Bloom. She was a potentional olympic skyer but was injured. Then while studying law she took jobs in a office and waitressing in and was asked to help run private high stakes poker games in LA. She branched out on her own and was eventually running the most well known poker game. She was then investigated by the FBI for illegal raking.

Interesting and decent film if you like poker and entranpauers. 

4 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Watched Molly's game a film based on a true story and a book my Molly Bloom. She was a potentional olympic skyer but was injured. Then while studying law she took jobs in a office and waitressing in and was asked to help run private high stakes poker games in LA. She branched out on her own and was eventually running the most well known poker game. She was then investigated by the FBI for illegal raking.

*Entapraurs

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Watched this myself on Sunday night, really enjoyed it. Supposedly player X is Tobey Maguire, comes across very badly.

Guest seanfox778
8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Justice League.

So profoundly dreadful.

I really wanted to like it as I’ve always been a Batman and Superman fan growing up but it’s rather crap. The main poster really bugs me too, looks like a s*** invitation to a weird costume party. The Marvel films are vastly superior in every way. 

4E67314F-9B63-48B4-B9C6-F0193A2C746B.jpeg

Tickets booked for Deadpool 2 next Saturday. 

It's getting very good reviews. Some people even going so far as saying it's better than Infinity War.

Oh and it apparently has the best post-credits scene in any superhero movie ever, according to people.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's getting very good reviews. Some people even going so far as saying it's better than Infinity War.

Oh and it apparently has the best post-credits scene in any superhero movie ever, according to people.

im looking forward to it, but " according to people " wonder woman was a masterpiece

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It definitely won't be better than Infinity War let's be honest, and I love Deadpool

Went to "Lean on Pete" last night - excellent, very moving film.

Resilient yet vulnerable 15-year-old lad in a new town with his wayward single Dad, looking to put down roots and find missing family.

Finds a role looking after a horse, but things go wrong. Some superb filming of US far west & touchingly brilliant acting by the lad.

Guest seanfox778

Deadpool 2 - 7/10

More of the same really, if you enjoyed the first you’ll like this. Some great references in it.

The new Predator trailer looks dreadful.