Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Guest seanfox778

My girlfriend got me a 100 movie bucket list poster for Christmas, where you scratch off each film as you go. Being a big film fan, I already own 85 of them and have seen 92 but it is a good reason to watch them all again.

So far I've scratched off Scarface, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Good Will Hunting and Rosemary's Baby. I'd forgotten how well made the latter is, a great story and really creepy! 

4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

My girlfriend got me a 100 movie bucket list poster for Christmas, where you scratch off each film as you go. Being a big film fan, I already own 85 of them and have seen 92 but it is a good reason to watch them all again.

So far I've scratched off Scarface, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Good Will Hunting and Rosemary's Baby. I'd forgotten how well made the latter is, a great story and really creepy! 

Same here! So useful now I don’t have to endlessly trawl through Netflix and can pick one from the list 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2021 at 19:17, seanfox778 said:

Yeah I got that too and so far watched 

Prestige

lord of the rings 

seen both before but great to see again. 
Id say there must only be 10 on the list I haven’t seen which made me realise I watch a lot of films 

On 10/01/2021 at 08:10, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just watched American Sniper for the first time, fantastic! Unbelievable that most of the stuff in the film is based upon a true story as well.

Its unbelievable, because its hard to know whats true and whats not when it comes to Chris Kyle.

He seemed to struggle telling the truth.

Decided to give myself a task of watching every post war Best Picture Oscar winner this year, which equates to around one a week once I remove those that I've already watched.  

Thus far I've managed A Beautiful Mind, Midnight Cowboy and No Country for Old Men and have enjoyed all three, though very different from one another. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Decided to give myself a task of watching every post war Best Picture Oscar winner this year, which equates to around one a week once I remove those that I've already watched.  

Thus far I've managed A Beautiful Mind, Midnight Cowboy and No Country for Old Men and have enjoyed all three, though very different from one another. 

I recently watched Midnight Cowboy for the first time. It was pretty decent, but a bit of a weird film for a Best Picture. 

Edited by The Bear

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

I recently watched Midnight Cowboy for the first time. It was pretty decent, but a bit of a weird film for a Best Picture. 

Yeah, it is an unusual pick. I've only watched one of the other nominees from that year (Butch Cassidy) so I can't say if any were a better choice. There are a couple of films that I'm not overly looking forward to, but will plough on regardless, such as Crash. Pretty much everything I've read suggests there are double figures of films that should have beaten it to the award that year. 

I also didn't realise until afterwards that the lead was Angelina Jolie's Dad who's now somewhat of a crazy right wing conspiracy nut. I can't imagine that Father and Daughter see eye to eye on Politics! 

32 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I also didn't realise until afterwards that the lead was Angelina Jolie's Dad who's now somewhat of a crazy right wing conspiracy nut. I can't imagine that Father and Daughter see eye to eye on Politics! 

I might be wrong but I think they fell out years ago and don't really speak. 

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 15:52, Facecloth said:

Just watched Soul. Really enjoyed it, recommend it to everyone. Excellent film.

My 5 year old daughter has had nightmares for the last week because of those dream monster things. She watches far scarier things but for some reason thats really played on her mind. I enjoyed the film though 

On 12/01/2021 at 21:04, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Don't Breathe. A group of kids break in to a blind retired veterans house to steal some wonga. It goes very south. Very good. 8/10. 

Really enjoyed this one.

First time in a long time I've seen a movie that lived up to the "thriller" tag.

• Like 1