Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Finally got to watch Anthropoid today, for anyone who’s yet to see it (it was made in 2016) it’s based on true events about operation Anthropoid where Czech soldiers trained by British special Ops were parachuted in with the aim of assassinating Reinhard Heydrich, who was thought to be the man who brought forward the final solution.

Slow burner for the first hour but after that it becomes really interesting and in parts quite brutal.

Stars Cillian Murphy and Jamie Dornan.

Well worth watching.

• Like 3

Just watched "Richard Jewell" on Sky Cinema. Directed by Clint Eastwood it tells the story of Richard Jewell, the security guard who discovered the bomb at Centennial Park in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympic Games - but was then named a suspect and underwent trial by media before being exonerated.

Probably a bit longer than it needed to be but was quite compelling. Olivia Wilde is easy on the eye too..

On 31/10/2020 at 15:52, stripeyfox said:

Just watched "Richard Jewell" on Sky Cinema. Directed by Clint Eastwood it tells the story of Richard Jewell, the security guard who discovered the bomb at Centennial Park in Atlanta during the 1996 Olympic Games - but was then named a suspect and underwent trial by media before being exonerated.

Probably a bit longer than it needed to be but was quite compelling. Olivia Wilde is easy on the eye too..

Yep quite long so make sure you’ve got the time and it’s not too late at night ! ...  :)    We really enjoyed it and was well acted, especially the chap in the lead role.   Eastwood never lets you down.  

Also watched The last full measure ...  another one about 2 hours long but enjoyed that too ...  need to be in the mood though ...  :thumbup:

Nearly forgot ...   watched The Lighthouse ...   great acting by the two leads and excellent cinematography that creates a superb atmosphere ...     one for the purists though and for most people on here I’d probably say ..  steer clear.    

And if you DO watch it and don’t like it don’t start fookin moaning at me ! ...   :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Nearly forgot ...   watched The Lighthouse ...   great acting by the two leads and excellent cinematography that creates a superb atmosphere ...     one for the purists though and for most people on here I’d probably say ..  steer clear.    

And if you DO watch it and don’t like it don’t start fookin moaning at me ! ...   :)

I’ve just watched this, bat shit crazy film but enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Taxi Driver. First time I’ve watched it and it’s a good film, was expecting a little bit more action as I had seen Joker being compared to it but he didn’t quite get to the depraved levels of that. 

I’m trying to take the extra time I’ve got nowadays to watch films I should have seen as I’m generally pretty shit with films.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Taxi Driver. First time I’ve watched it and it’s a good film, was expecting a little bit more action as I had seen Joker being compared to it but he didn’t quite get to the depraved levels of that. 

I’m trying to take the extra time I’ve got nowadays to watch films I should have seen as I’m generally pretty shit with films.

If you like Joker / Taxi Driver, give Scorsese's The King Of Comedy a watch. Hits very similar emotional and narrative beats as both films.

On 07/11/2020 at 13:45, Countryfox said:

Saw this a couple of weeks ago. I think I enjoyed it !😄 Some of the dialogue is hard to understand at times. Love the atmosphere created by it being in black & white. It is definitely in the niche category ! 7/10

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

I watched it this morning, I agree. 

I can already see a US remake in my head though. 

I was chatting to my neighbough about it the other day, I liked the premise but I felt there were a few things in the film that overcomplicated it and never actually led anywhere, although I conceded some of this may be cultualral norms being different.

I also thought the ending was weird, the son writing a letter to his dad, even though he had no way of getting it to him. I understand they were looking for a monologue of what the boy hoped to do but it just seemed the wrong vehicle to me. Just seemed a bit weird to me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...