Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 05/10/2020 at 12:21, RoboFox said:

Watched The Devil All The Time last night on Netflix. 

Super dark movie. Great cast too with several plot threads... Almost reminiscent of a Tarantino or Coen Brothers piece.

The more I see of Robert Pattinson the more I like him. Nuts actor, and I'm glad he seems to have shaken the Twilight stigma finally.

:appl:

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Just finished Borat 2, people seem to either love it or hate it.

Personally I thought it was f*****g hilarious!

Just watched it and thought it was great slightly worrying that the surgeon and an American politician would shag a 15 year old lol

• Like 1

Watched the original Borat again to set up for watching Borat 2 later, forgot how funny it was

"You will never get this! You will never get this! Lalalala la!"

"And then, one day, he break a cage... A he GET THIS. And we all laugh, high five!" lol

• Haha 1

I've enjoyed Borat 2 so far, big fan of Baron Cohen so i'm biased, yes it pales to the first one which you would expect and lags a bit with the obviously scripted moments, but the girl playing the daughter is fantastic and there are still some really funny moments (the dance, the scene in the doctors office, every scene at the fax shop, the republican rally).

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just me that thinks Borat is shite then? It's a wonder people haven't been trying to shame him for taking the piss out of an ethnicity. 

Cos he's not taking the piss out of an ethnicity. He's presenting a stereotype of an ethnicity to provoke reactions from people who are likely to have ignorant views of those people.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cos he's not taking the piss out of an ethnicity. He's presenting a stereotype of an ethnicity to provoke reactions from people who are likely to have ignorant views of those people.

I know that but the public are thick which is why I sort of expect someone to have an issue with it. 

• Haha 1