Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 03/12/2020 at 17:05, urban.spaceman said:

Bold move from Warner Brothers - not sure if this is the UK or just the US but they're releasing all 17 films on their 2021 slate in cinemas and HBO Max on the same day:

I really hope it's a failure to be honest. I need the cinema to survive.

I dont think it will matter how many people sign up for HBO Max - the studios still wont make the same type of money as if the movies were in theaters.

Especially on the occasional overperforming blockbuster. 

Uncut Gems. Quite liked it but found it a bit meandering at times. Without giving too much away was pretty shocked at what happened towards the end. 6/10

Ava. Pretty good, like a female John Wick but not quite as gratuitous with the violence. 7/10

Noelle. Standard Christmas film, predictable but not exactly terrible, not great either 4/10

Tenet. Seemed needlessly confusing to me, think Nolan might enjoy the smell of his own farts a bit too much, good spectacle and a proper big budget film but underwhelming. 5/10

The Invisible Man. Very tense, really good allegory for domestic abuse and very well done. 9/10

Wonder Woman 84.

Load of shite. Miles worse than the first film. Basic plot was just about passable, but there was so much bizarre shite to make it all happen that it just falls apart when you think back about any of it. So much that it becomes laughably bad. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Just watched Soul. Might be Pixar’s best movie 

It's OK. I didn't think it was either as clever or as funny as Inside Out (same director) whilst at the same time seeming infinitely more impressed with itself. 

I also can't imagine what it would have been like to sit down and watch it with your kids, expecting a typical Pixar family number lol

Liked the Richard Ayoade and Rachel House cameos though. 

Was a bit 7/10 for me.