Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

My 5 year old daughter has had nightmares for the last week because of those dream monster things. She watches far scarier things but for some reason thats really played on her mind. I enjoyed the film though 

I told my sister it really good, but might be a bit too much for her 5 year old to understand. But my mate said his daughter loved it, and she's 5 later this year, and she thought the little blue souls were funny.

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I told my sister it really good, but might be a bit too much for her 5 year old to understand. But my mate said his daughter loved it, and she's 5 later this year, and she thought the little blue souls were funny.

Yeah it probably is a bit out there for 5 year olds but when they make you watch the same films over and over any new film is a blessing. It was those big white things that scared her, forgot what they're referred to in the film. 

On a sidenote the new Mulan remake on Disney+ is superb. Not sure how closely linked it is to the original as I've never watched it but thought it was really well made

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it probably is a bit out there for 5 year olds but when they make you watch the same films over and over any new film is a blessing. It was those big white things that scared her, forgot what they're referred to in the film. 

On a sidenote the new Mulan remake on Disney+ is superb. Not sure how closely linked it is to the original as I've never watched it but thought it was really well made

Oh, the ones made up of lines, all called Jerry? Think Richard Ayoade voiced one?

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Oh, the ones made up of lines, all called Jerry? Think Richard Ayoade voiced one?

No its when they're going on about everybody having a hobby or passion and they're just moping about but all of a sudden one of them chases the main characters 

Guest seanfox778

The Great Dictator - 8/10

Never seen a Charlie Chaplin film before, needed to scratch this off my list. The whole film was on YouTube and I was pleasantly surprised at just how funny it was. The parts where he speaks "German" and the balloon globe scene had me in stitches. The final speech was just incredible too. 

Edited by seanfox778

Never sure whether to use the Netflix thread or this one, but I've been in a thriller kick of late. 

Started with the recommendation here of "Don't Breathe", which was terrific. 8.5/10

Berlin Syndrome: Young Aussie woman meets this guy while staying in Berlin. He locks her in his apartment after a night out together. 6/10

Freaks: Little girl is kept in her home and told of the terrible outside world by her dad. Quite interesting where this one goes. 8/10

Green Room: Members of this punk band see something they shouldn't after a gig in a dump of a town. Highly reviewed, but I wasn't a big fan. 4/10

The Killing of a Sacred Deer. I really can't describe this movie. I'm not sure if I liked it, but it kept me interested for the 2 hours it was on. Odd one. 7.7/10

Just watched the baywatch film from a few years ago, been watching loads of serious stuff lately, fancied something a bit daft and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. Thoroughly entertaining and didn't take itself seriously, knew what it was and executed it well, beautiful busty women in swimsuits in slow-mo obviously doesn't make it any more enjoyable :ph34r:

7.5/10

On 14/01/2021 at 09:27, David Guiza said:

Decided to give myself a task of watching every post war Best Picture Oscar winner this year, which equates to around one a week once I remove those that I've already watched.  

Thus far I've managed A Beautiful Mind, Midnight Cowboy and No Country for Old Men and have enjoyed all three, though very different from one another. 

Watched The Hurt Locker as my latest film to tick off this list. Didn't overly enjoy it, but appreciated it for what it was. 

I very much have a love hate relationship with war films. Full Metal Jacket is up there with my favourite films, but not overly fond of most.