Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I Care A Lot on prime, billed as a black comedy, not really what I was expecting more of a thriller really, driven by a compelling, strong central performance from Rosamund Pike, but loses it's way half way through and the final act is ludicrous. Her scenes with Eiza Gonzalez a real bonus though :D

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

'Good Time' on Netflix.

Robert Pattinson tries to keep his brother with learning difficulties out of jail while he deals with the fallout of robbing a bank.

Hectic, chaotic, very enjoyable.

Don't do crime kids.

Yeah really enjoyed this. Uncut Gems too, by the same directors, is unreal. 

I finally got round to watching The Prestige at the weekend and it's one of the best films I've ever seen.

It's just a solid, well thought out film that's different and I'd imagine gets better each time you watch it. 

The cast is brilliant too - completely spoilt with Michael Caine, Bowie AND Scarlett Johansson. 

• Like 4

On 22/02/2021 at 00:29, urban.spaceman said:

'Good Time' on Netflix.

Robert Pattinson tries to keep his brother with learning difficulties out of jail while he deals with the fallout of robbing a bank.

Hectic, chaotic, very enjoyable.

Don't do crime kids.

Really good film 👍 could have been completely different if Jack Whitehall got the role of Pattison’s brother though 😂 that was on the cards at one point 😂 

• Haha 1

Watched Saint Maud the other day.

First impressions was that was an interesting if unremarkable film, but with an excellent finale.

However, since watching it, and like all very good films, I've found myself revisiting a lot of the key scenes again in my head and it's leaving quite an impression. For some reason it reminded me of "Distant Lives, Still Voices" but with more sinister undertones. 

I think I'm going to watch it again as it could be that it's a great deal better second time round. Would be interested in other's views.

One thing's for sure, the director who was only 31 when she made this has got a great future ahead of her.

I finished Apocalypse Now, last night, and while I admire the length that Francis Ford Coppola went to get the film finished, I’m baffled with how high the film is heralded. 

Edited by Bamboo
Grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

I finished Apocalypse Now, last night, and while I admire the length that Francis Ford Coppola went to get the film finished, I’m baffled with how high the film is heralded. 

You should be posting this in the unpopular opinions thread.

On 27/02/2021 at 14:37, Mythyaar said:

Watched Saint Maud the other day.

First impressions was that was an interesting if unremarkable film, but with an excellent finale.

However, since watching it, and like all very good films, I've found myself revisiting a lot of the key scenes again in my head and it's leaving quite an impression. For some reason it reminded me of "Distant Lives, Still Voices" but with more sinister undertones. 

I think I'm going to watch it again as it could be that it's a great deal better second time round. Would be interested in other's views.

One thing's for sure, the director who was only 31 when she made this has got a great future ahead of her.

I work at a cinema and we watched this before the UK release. Despite Covid the pre-bookings were quite high so we thought why not... 

Utter tripe. I was more confused with the short run time, let alone the mumbo jumbo wafer thin ‘plot’ 

Ambiguity for ambiguity’ sake