Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Don Butchard 75 and a couple of 50 s for Sam Bates for the 2nds against a strong Durham attack why not give them a game next week?

Why indeed? Just go for it. Bring them in. Lilley in for Parkinson also. 

Dexter is leaving anyway so no point him playing. 

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

I did ask that question don't know was the answer.Made me laugh that our new chairwoman who said on Radio Leicester the other week that she's a life long cricket fan had never heard of Matthew Hoggard when he came down to a T20 match recently

Not a good response, admittedly, but I would argue that more important qualities for our Chair and Chief Exec are the ability to run a business effectively, and improve decision making at the Club. The cricket knowledge has to come from your cricket coaches. Governance and budgetary planning must come from the Chief Exec and Finance Director and be subject to effective scrutiny from the Board

12 hours ago, Cake said:

Hopefully finances be a little more positive this year. Seem to have been a few more in, certainly on the T20s andofcourse the ladies games. 

We haven't had to make any big pay offs either as we did with Carberry

You would think no so also saved a fair bit on Abbas salary the last few weeks but when you get told things like the club have cancelled the old players day because they can't afford a few hundred quid you begin to have your doubts

6 hours ago, everton carr said:

You would think no so also saved a fair bit on Abbas salary the last few weeks but when you get told things like the club have cancelled the old players day because they can't afford a few hundred quid you begin to have your doubts

Agreed. 

On 13/09/2019 at 13:48, everton carr said:

Don Butchard 75 and a couple of 50 s for Sam Bates for the 2nds against a strong Durham attack why not give them a game next week?

We picked a couple from the 2s, not these guys though. Dearden and Sam Evans who don't even score runs in the 2s. 

Seems he has made up his mind. 

1 hour ago, Cake said:

We picked a couple from the 2s, not these guys though. Dearden and Sam Evans who don't even score runs in the 2s. 

Seems he has made up his mind. 

Wonder if that's a misprint on the website and should be A Evans don't see why he would be dropped after last week and bless he has uni commitments 

9 hours ago, Cake said:

May be injured yep. Buchart and Bates have been getting the runs. 

Yet Dearden and Evans (the bat) get the call. 

I don't understand the Dearden selection. Never impressed me yet. 

His first class average of 20 makes you yearn for the days of Matthew Boyce.

29 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Not sure I would Call Parky a spinner.That boy Stevens having another good day 168no

Parky is young and full of spirit. He needs overs though. But wow to the kid Stevo. Now 191 not out from 180 balls. You’re right. We should offer him a year to try and nurture our youngsters 

55 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Parky is young and full of spirit. He needs overs though. But wow to the kid Stevo. Now 191 not out from 180 balls. You’re right. We should offer him a year to try and nurture our youngsters 

Agree with that but he never looks like taking wickets and he also don't hold an end up very well can't understand why they don't give Lilley a game total waste of money if they only consider him a T20 player.Stevo finally out for 237 having come in when Kent were 59-5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

I'm all for his spirit. However Parkinson is another one of our players who isn't good enough at this level. 

Bowls a 4 ball every over and still doesn't have a stock ball. I think Lilley is better. What has Lilley done wrong gets a few wickets for the seconds bowls tight can give the ball a thump and fields well. Never selected...... 

As for Stevo well it would be great but I'm sure Kent will offer him another year now, may be two. 

Edited by Cake

49 minutes ago, Cake said:

I'm all for his spirit. However Parkinson is another one of our players who isn't good enough at this level. 

Bowls a 4 ball every over and still doesn't have a stock ball. I think Lilley is better. What has Lilley done wrong gets a few wickets for the seconds bowls tight can give the ball a thump and fields well. Never selected...... 

As for Stevo well it would be great but I'm sure Kent will offer him another year now, may be two. 

Disagree about Stevo The reason Kent decided to let him go was never anything to do about ability they simply want to go with younger players maybe wrong but don't think they will reverse the decision

17 minutes ago, everton carr said:

To  be fair never scored many runs for us and we never bowled him.Changing subject sad  that Agnew who made his name with the foxes says on the BBC website that clubls like Leics should fold

That’s very sad that he’s said that having played his whole career with the Foxes, I don’t really understand the logic behind reducing the counties, it’ll make cricket a minority sport. 

Ive just read that he wants one division of 12 teams, I’m guessing us, Northants, Derbyshire, Kent, and 2 more would be ditched. 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Absolutely disgraceful how flippantly they discuss just getting rid of historic counties who have been marginalised by the expansion of the international game and its venues. Glamorgan aren't a much better side than us each year but will no doubt survive any cull because they've got a Test ground and are out on their own geographically.

In football, the media desperately wants all clubs to survive and be pillars of the community. In cricket, they are actively wanting to ditch teams and deprive lifelong fans of their passion during the summer.

Outrageous.

• Like 3