Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I think the ECB need to concentrate where are players are being produced rather than where they end up. Many sides ave won the championship in the last 20 years with 6 or 7 English qualified players with 4 or 5 Kolpaks etc. 

The question is which counties produced those English players? 

Often not Hampshire, Notts etc. 

If you want to improve CC cricket a bonus system or points enhancement should be given to counties with say 5 home grown players in the side. Academy players if you want. 

Hampshire have success with a sugar daddy bank rolling them, their success is not about their investment in youth or coaching. 

Kent are a decent current example they have 6 of their own products playing. Small county doing really well. Denley, Crawley, Billings, Robinson, Bell Drummond plus Northeast now gone to Hampshire all good bats. 

Edited by Cake

4 minutes ago, Cake said:

I think the ECB need to concentrate where are players are being produced rather than where they end up. Many sides ave won the championship in the last 20 years with 6 or 7 English qualified players with 4 or 5 Kolpaks etc. 

The question is which counties produced those English players? 

Often not Hampshire, Notts etc. 

If you want to improve CC cricket a bonus system or points enhancement should be given to counties with say 5 home grown players in the side. Academy players if you want. 

Hampshire have success with a sugar daddy bank rolling them, their success is not about their investment in youth or coaching. 

Kent are a decent current example they have 6 of their own products playing. Small county doing really well. Denley, Crawley, Billings, Robinson, Bell Drummond plus Northeast now gone to Hampshire all good bats. 

Gloucestershire are a  side that produces most of their players none of them are good enough to play for England but they are always s a competerive side

I will be raising it through the forum. I'm usually positive but this is pathetic. Limited ability but not even playing to that. 

Horton needs to be criticised also. Racers to 40 odd again gets out. Great in white ball cricket but doesn't play that

Just now, everton carr said:

I remember back in the day along with many others slating the likes of Boyce New John Maunders etc they are world beaters compared to the likes of Harry bloody Dearden

The Dearden experiment is bizarre. I really want Nico to succeed but shows a bit of real stubborness and bloody mindedness.

We'll all look stupid when Dearden gets 1,500 runs next year. I hope. That would at least justify the constant selection.

Forgot about Boyce. He was pretty terrible, but spent ages talking to me and Martin Saggers (not playing, but on Kent's books) one day down at Tunbridge Wells during cricket week. Think he'd not long got out and was enjoying the MasterBrew in our marquee thing. We are a professional outfit aren't we?

6 hours ago, Walkers said:

I'm not supporting his idea but lets be honest, there is a gulf between the two divisions. And you can't really use the statistic that shows a number of current England players ply their trade in Division 2. How many players in the past 5 years have been awarded their debut on the back of their performances in Div 2? Broad/Anderson get picked because they've been there and done it, not sure what level Lancs/Notts were playing at when they first started but they don't continue to get picked for England because they just took a 5fer against Glamorgan.

Jofra Archer only bowled first class cricket in Division 2 

25 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Richard Rae said on comms earlier Zak Chappell was offered a 3 year£80k a year contract thank god he turned it down.Shows how Khan  managed the club though no wonder we are skint

Sliding doors moment though isn't it, may have done much better staying here, or may have been constantly injured. Might still be a great player, Pat Cummins was injured a lot early in his career. At least the ECB have discontinued their fast-bowling unit at Loughborough, which ended up causing more injuries and loss of form than actual test-ready players.

2 hours ago, Cake said:

I will be raising it through the forum. I'm usually positive but this is pathetic. Limited ability but not even playing to that. 

Horton needs to be criticised also. Racers to 40 odd again gets out. Great in white ball cricket but doesn't play that

I think decision to field first was a bit strange; Cardiff usually takes spin as the pitch wears. It's almost as if we wanted to lose the game.

5 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Sliding doors moment though isn't it, may have done much better staying here, or may have been constantly injured. Might still be a great player, Pat Cummins was injured a lot early in his career. At least the ECB have discontinued their fast-bowling unit at Loughborough, which ended up causing more injuries and loss of form than actual test-ready players.

Yes but the main point I'm making is that we don't have that kind of money esp over a 3 year period on an unproven player

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Interesting then that our spinners bowled (I think??) about 11 overs between them... whilst Samit Patel seemed to almost 'bowl an end'

Agreed although most of the wickets were down to terrible batting rather then the ball turning.According to Fangofox on Twitter Nico should be the next England coach LOL