Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Unless the pitch is much livelier than it was against Hampshire, we have again failed miserably with the bat at Grace Road. Not been able to watch today so what is the view of the pitch amongst those who have?

A good pitch, but a bit in it if you bend your back. Somerset bowled very good lines, just nibbling it each way every so often.

56 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Unless the pitch is much livelier than it was against Hampshire, we have again failed miserably with the bat at Grace Road. Not been able to watch today so what is the view of the pitch amongst those who have?

It’s not the pitch.

Good carry and a good bowling unit.

Hi all

I am a Somerset supporter who posts online using the name 'Farmer White' after a Somerset and England bowler of a century ago, J.C. 'Farmer' White. I write Somerset match reports for my blog, 'Farmer White' Somerset Cricket Writing. I post a link to my reports on an independent Somerset cricket website with supporters' discussion threads. I also post links to my reports on opposition forums where I can find an active one, not all counties seem to have one. I write from a Somerset perspective but try to be as even-handed as I can in describing the play. For anyone interested in a Somerset perspective on the first day of this match here is a link to my report, A Seesaw of a Day:

https://farmerwhite.co.uk/2021/04/23/a-seesaw-of-a-day-leicestershire-v-somerset-county-championship-2021-grace-road-day-1/

If tis does not work as a link it should work if it is copied and pasted into your address bar

I appreciate this might not be everyone's cup of tea

Farmer

Edited by Farmer White
Add info re use of link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was a good effort yesterday considering the position we found ourselves in. It is reassuring that when our talented top order bats don;t quite live up to expectation we actually have a bit of steel and ability to grind in the middle order....we will need that playing against superior sides. 

Bowling wise it was a perfect start imo. Really gives us something to get our teeth into this morning. 

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Denied what looked like a clear run out there because the ump wasn't looking! Piss poor.

Is it me or is the standard of umpiring absolutely terrible at the moment.

I can't believe some of the shit i'm seeing

23 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is it me or is the standard of umpiring absolutely terrible at the moment.

I can't believe some of the shit i'm seeing

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We seem to be getting some shoddy decisions recently.

It's not been brilliant from our point of view. Thought Klein's LBW appeal against Leach looked dead as you'll see this morning too.

I'm just enjoying the fact we are playing good opposition. We've struggled enough against mediocre 2nd division teams in the past 15 years so it isn't a shock but we've not disgraced ourselves in this one or the Surrey match.