Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

For clarity - the cats did not turn in to kids. It was an 'in addition to' situation. 

Good post and nipped that one in the bud early ...        look at my avatar to see what happened to me when I said I was 'dad' to my dog ...    :thumbup:

They're merciless on here.

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Good post and nipped that one in the bud early ...        look at my avatar to see what happened to me when I said I was 'dad' to my dog ...    :thumbup:

They're merciless on here.

:D

31 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yep.

My cat doesn't actually know it's a cat.

Does it wag it's tail and like chasing balls ? ...   If so there may well be a good reason your 'cat' doesn't think it's a cat .....    and if I was you Bucey I'd take it back to where you bought it from as it sounds like you've been sold a pup.    :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

Actually, she was feral. We found her abandoned at 1 week old (she was clearly the runt) and couldn't bear to leave her to die. The RSPCA didn't want to know, the vet told us she would die, but we took her in anyway, feeding her on bought cat milk every two hours night and day. We were rewarded by her becoming the nicest, but weirdest, cat we could have wished for. In terms of how she relates to us, she is more like a dog - very sociable.

Great story ! ...   Well done you Bucey.  :schmike:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great story ! ...   Well done you Bucey.  :schmike:

Cheers.

I'd never had a cat before and I'm amazed at how intelligent they can be. She answers to her name, recognises the name of each family member, and can communicate her wishes (Food!, open the door etc) in an assortment of recognisable sounds. She's one of the family and we love her to bits.

46 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

Actually, she was feral. We found her abandoned at 1 week old (she was clearly the runt) and couldn't bear to leave her to die. The RSPCA didn't want to know, the vet told us she would die, but we took her in anyway, feeding her on bought cat milk every two hours night and day. We were rewarded by her becoming the nicest, but weirdest, cat we could have wished for. In terms of how she relates to us, she is more like a dog - very sociable.

That's the bit that makes her a good cat.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, and she takes herself for a walk, buries her shit, and doesn't savage children. :D

Buries her shit or just shits in your neighbours garden :D 

Oh and taking a dog for a walk is one of the best bits.

Edited by Strokes

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Buries her shit or just shits in your neighbours garden :D

I'm saying nowt.. :D

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh and taking a dog for a walk is one of the best bits.

I guess, but I like to walk at my convenience.

....and

5905df829522b_thinkofthechildren.png.b973286d53be5070bd8b0691b98aae92.png

• Like 1

Top man @Buce.  I've never known a well looked after cat to be naturally antisocial:  They have different personalities so some can be a bit shy while others are attention whores; some grow to become calm and pensive while others remain irrepressibly energetic long after they ceased to be a kitten; some like to rest on your lap while you watch the TV while others prefer to play fight with your feet or a jumper-clad arm while you watch the TV.  So you do need to study their behaviour and learn a bit about them and how best to approach them individually but with the right care they'll always turn out to be wonderfully friendly creatures who reward the time put into them.   If a cat is truly distrustful of people then sadly enough there's usually a good reason for it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

My dickhead cat insists on drinking out of a jug in the bathroom. He doesn't like drinking out of the bowl in the kitchen because the dog does.

Understandable.

Would you share the dog's bowl?

• Like 1

Just now, Buce said:

Understandable.

Would you share the dog's bowl?

No, but I'm not a pet subservient to the human overlords. Even if he had his own bowl the dog would drink out of that too.