Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

You need to travel more, Pablo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea

You can do one with that my missus is hopping mad about me travelling after this season. lol 

Tibet I have never frequented I have to admit and it's not on on the bucket list. I'll take your words on it but I won't be sticking a slab of utterly butterfly in my pg tips tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

52 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can do one with that my missus is hopping mad about me travelling after this season. lol 

Tibet I have never frequented I have to admit and it's not on on the bucket list. I'll take your words on it but I won't be sticking a slab of utterly butterfly in my pg tips tomorrow afternoon.

I've never been to Tibet either, but I tried it in Nepal.

It's utterly vile.

• Like 1

Girlfriend and I split up which feels shit. Kind of need to be ourselves again for a bit, been too many crossed wires recently and has just felt a proper drag at times. Absolutely gutted though and I hope the story might continue in a few months, just not now. A week before exams start so not an ideal time, my focus has gone.

Compounded the misery by spending the day writing an essay on the steel industry

1 hour ago, KingGTF said:

Girlfriend and I split up which feels shit. Kind of need to be ourselves again for a bit, been too many crossed wires recently and has just felt a proper drag at times. Absolutely gutted though and I hope the story might continue in a few months, just not now. A week before exams start so not an ideal time, my focus has gone.

Compounded the misery by spending the day writing an essay on the steel industry

Nothing soothes a broken heart more than chicken wings,  beer and getting a random blowjob from her best friend (if shes hot).

Seriously  chin up. Theres more to life then onegina. Im sure  a lot of us lads have been in your shoes before and it sucks but it gets better (until you get married and have kids and realise the problems you had before were a joke compared to the ones you have now lol)

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Nothing soothes a broken heart more than chicken wings,  beer and getting a random blowjob from her best friend (if shes hot).

Seriously  chin up. Theres more to life then onegina. Im sure  a lot of us lads have been in your shoes before and it sucks but it gets better (until you get married and have kids and realise the problems you had before were a joke compared to the ones you have now lol)

Nothing soothes a broken heart more than some serious consideration of the steel industry ( or what's left of it in this country). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Nothing soothes a broken heart more than some serious consideration of the steel industry ( or what's left of it in this country). 

Yes, always a good one that, and I've used it many a time ...   mind you ..  if I was REALLY down you couldn't beat knocking out a quick dissertation on the decline of the Boot and Shoe industry in Leicestershire.   Bloody lifesaver !!   :thumbup:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Saw this little fella (well little lady actually) in the woods today ...   so maybe the new cammo jacket is worth keeping ! ...   :)

She didn't look too good to me ....   bit mangy and glassy eyed ...    :(

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Pretty much a metaphor for how we played last night.  Here is hoping you will spot a much healthier fox just before West Brom match! 

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol

Bad day today for Postman Pat as last night he was a victim of Rural Crime !  When he went home yesterday he left an unopened packet of Chocolate digestives in my pick up ..   this morning when he got back in it he found the packet was nearly empty with only 4 remaining !!!  :o   He was very shocked at the audacity of the thief and slightly confused as to how they got in the pick up and why the dogs didn't tear them to shreds ...   I suggested that maybe I forgot to lock the vehicle and, maybe, just maybe, the dogs were having a snooze.   But why leave 4 in the packet ? he asked ...   well I said, maybe the fat thieving b@stard ate most of them and then felt very stuffed and ever so  slightly sick before he could finish them all off ...   :)   

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just got back from the developmental pediatrician who has diagnosed my son with autism. We were expecting it Not sure how i feel about that :(

Not good, I should imagine?

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

Just got back from the developmental pediatrician who has diagnosed my son with autism. We were expecting it Not sure how i feel about that :(

Do you mind me asking where on the autistic spectrum they have placed him?

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

I'm always a little cautious when it comes to 'labeling' our children with certain conditions.

My cousin was diagnosed as dyslexic from an early age and his parents never shut up about it. For me he was just a normal kid but this label became a self fulfilling prophecy and almost an excuse for him not to lead a normal school life.

I'd always seek a second opinion if it was my kids and if the diagnosis is the same, then so be it.

But we're all autistic anyway aren't we? Just varying on the scale - some of us higher and some lower. 

And doesn't autism also = genius?

Sorry, I'm not aware of the 'downsides' of autism so please forgive my ignorance. I just always try to look for the positives I guess.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Bad day today for Postman Pat as last night he was a victim of Rural Crime !  When he went home yesterday he left an unopened packet of Chocolate digestives in my pick up ..   this morning when he got back in it he found the packet was nearly empty with only 4 remaining !!!  :o   He was very shocked at the audacity of the thief and slightly confused as to how they got in the pick up and why the dogs didn't tear them to shreds ...   I suggested that maybe I forgot to lock the vehicle and, maybe, just maybe, the dogs were having a snooze.   But why leave 4 in the packet ? he asked ...   well I said, maybe the fat thieving b@stard ate most of them and then felt very stuffed and ever so  slightly sick before he could finish them all off ...   :)   

gollum.jpg

There is nothing wrong with people who have Autism, they are just different. I know it doesn't feel like it now @MPH but today is a good day, today you begin to understand a special little man. Like all children it will be challenging but hopefully even more rewarding. All the best to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Thanks fellas. Of course every parent wants their kids to meet their maximum potential but that of course is relative to each child.

hes very intelligent- he recognizes all his colors and can say them. Same with his numbers up to 20 - he turned 2 end of feb. but he can't communicate with us so when he is upset he can't explain why , can't verbalized why he's in pain or anything like that and that's the part that upsets me. Love him all the same and nothing will change that no diagnosis nothing. He doesn't socialize with other kids and panics if there is more than two-three people in the room- those are the sort of  things I'm going to find difficult going forward.. I couldn't really care less about any diangnosis in that way, I just know that he has some struggles ahead.. yet at the same time when you're on a journey with your son, it's helpful to know which road to go down so you can best help them get there, if that makes sense.

i just want him to enjoy life really.. however he finds his enjoyment.. what else matters?

Sounds like your kid has got the best Dad in the world to help him navigate his way through life :)

I'm no expert in the field but it appears your son has a rather mild form of autism (there's certainly a lot 'worse' autistic children out there), and perhaps social anxiety too from what you've mentioned.

But, most importantly, even though there's a diagnosis now - that certainly doesn't mean that there's next-to-no hope for him; it just means he's different and the plan now is to how to best accommodate him given his 'weaknesses' but also focusing on his main strengths as well; together.

As daft as it sounds, it can be actually quite a relief there's a diagnosis - you can monitor what's going on, how he sees the world and try to see ways of improving himself in real-life situations/circumstances.

There's plenty of help out there and the awareness of autism seems stronger and hence more accepted than ever before, and that means this diagnosis isn't always a bad thing at all and people supporting these feel it's just a difference than disability.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Thanks fellas. Of course every parent wants their kids to meet their maximum potential but that of course is relative to each child.

hes very intelligent- he recognizes all his colors and can say them. Same with his numbers up to 20 - he turned 2 end of feb. but he can't communicate with us so when he is upset he can't explain why , can't verbalized why he's in pain or anything like that and that's the part that upsets me. Love him all the same and nothing will change that no diagnosis nothing. He doesn't socialize with other kids and panics if there is more than two-three people in the room- those are the sort of  things I'm going to find difficult going forward.. I couldn't really care less about any diangnosis in that way, I just know that he has some struggles ahead.. yet at the same time when you're on a journey with your son, it's helpful to know which road to go down so you can best help them get there, if that makes sense.

i just want him to enjoy life really.. however he finds his enjoyment.. what else matters?

There are tons of things that can be done to help kids with autism these days mate....and parents too. Classroom assistants and all that. You sound like a top dad so I'm sure you'll all be ok..