Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

20 hours ago, Firegrande said:

IMG_20170212_164441_472.jpg

Honestly I'd be embarrassed to serve that to a customer: The Yorkshire's wrong (how are you supposed to fill that with peas & gravy?) and the gravy looks like over-diluted powder mix.  The less said about that beef the better.  At least the potatoes look crispy and even if the meat looks like a cheap Booker joint, at least they didn't skimp on it.

I'd say come down my way for a proper carvery but I left that job recently because we got a new head-chef in who was a massive twat and exactly the sort of cook who produces food like that.  Because they cba to do it properly.  It seems to be a consistent feature of head-chefs in their 50's/60's from what I've seen, must be something to do with how they taught cooking to that generation.  I mean the gravy tells you everything: It's such an easy thing to make a quality version of when you're roasting meat off anyway but look at that piss-poor brown water.

Sorry Firegrande, you've been ripped off if your 2 for £10 comment is meant to imply you spent upwards of a fiver on that.

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Saw a programme about prisons last night and it reminded me of my time inside ...    so I told Mrs CF the story.     My team played some inmates at football (about 30 years ago) cus one of our players worked there.   Grim old place and a funny old game.  I played at the back and was very wary of going in too hard in case they took offence and turned nasty ...   always smiled and tried to avoid eye contact ....    but the ref was a right fookin little Hitler and gave some well dodgy decisions ...   gave him loads of abuse !      After the match I asked my mate what sort of crimes they had committed ...      quite a variety he said ...   probably the worst though was the ref who had killed someone with an axe.   True story.

When we left and passed by the side of the building they threw buckets of piss over us from an upstairs window ...     little devils !!   :)

Guess you can scratch "receiving a golden shower"  off your bucket list then.

56 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Looks like I have a new job.  Will be commuting into central London daily.  Let's hope the money makes up for the journey!!

I'm not sure if to congratulate or commiserate with you Jon...:unsure:

• Like 1

Got offered a new job today, I've only been at my current place six months but I'm not really happy. The jobs boring and so are the people I deal with, it's mostly lone working but it really helps my home life to know what time I'm starting and finishing. Whereas the new job, well it's more like the role I had before and will stimulate me and they seem much more likeable but obviously it comes with less structure. 

Gotta go with the new place right?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Strokes said:

Got offered a new job today, I've only been at my current place six months but I'm not really happy. The jobs boring and so are the people I deal with, it's mostly lone working but it really helps my home life to know what time I'm starting and finishing. Whereas the new job, well it's more like the role I had before and will stimulate me and they seem much more likeable but obviously it comes with less structure. 

Gotta go with the new place right?

As long as the new job won't MAJORLY affect your home life then it's a no brainer pal

18 minutes ago, stix said:

As long as the new job won't MAJORLY affect your home life then it's a no brainer pal

I've given notice and accepted the job now, I'm really looking forwards to it. It's been nice having been able to take the kids to school and pick them up from after school clubs, I'll miss that but I don't think it's worth losing ambition over what will probably, in all honesty, cost me 5 hours a week. 

Working alongside apprentices was a big part of my last job and I've missed that much more than I thought I would. 

Edited by Strokes